Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by imperator.mons
2013 Audi S5 w/APR Stage 2+
I just loved that supercharged engine, no lag whatsoever. That's really the only complaint I have with my C43. Well, that and I really miss my VAG-COM.

Yes I much prefer the supercharged V6 3L of my S5 Sportback. Just so much more tractable than the C43. And it’s not a bucking bronco like the C43 can be at random times. Also much better and composed at high speeds, it just eats up the road. A little vague at lows speeds but it works well when driving above 120mph for long periods. Better suspension too.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by C450GTA
I think all of the cars you listed are great cars too, which is why I don't think it's possible to call the c43 awful but here we are I guess.
I think the main irksome issues for me are the unpredictable bucking bronco moments with the throttle when taking off at random times, the fact that the car moves off in 1st gear all the time (facelift model), the inadequate damping of the suspension, and the fact that if you run the car hard just a couple of times the oil temp gets out of control and the ECU pulls power, bad oem wheels, juddering wipers, and (interestingly) no convenient way to move to the next track of music or back (on the facelift model). Too many to list, really.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Didn’t mean to derail the thread. Sorry about that. Just that someone asked me to explain my position. Anyway, I’ll just conclude with that.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
My previous car was a 2017 C300 Coupe, it was kind of a no brainer because I loved my C300 and just wanted something faster and sportier so the C43 Coupe was the perfect fit.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by TModelle
I think the main irksome issues for me are the unpredictable bucking bronco moments with the throttle when taking off at random times, the fact that the car moves off in 1st gear all the time (facelift model), the inadequate damping of the suspension, and the fact that if you run the car hard just a couple of times the oil temp gets out of control and the ECU pulls power, bad oem wheels, juddering wipers, and (interestingly) no convenient way to move to the next track of music or back (on the facelift model). Too many to list, really.
Been a while my friend. How’d the diff situation turn out for you? You can PM me or shoot me a message, but I’m curious to hear the outcome.

I can help you fix the juddering wipers issue, in the interim. My ‘18 had this problem.

Your experience with this car sounds like my nightmare experience with my ‘18.

My ‘20, on the other hand, has been everything I expect from a Mercedes. My ‘18 suspension was crashy at low speeds and floaty at highway speeds. My ‘20 feels like my ‘13 C63 in the suspension department - stiff but very well sorted and actually, it’s more confidence inspiring than the C63 when you’re throwing it around. I’m sure the AWD helps.

I’d avoid the W205 C63S if you don’t like this platform. Share a hell of a lot of architecture (including the coating on the windshield that can make the wipers judders if applied unevenly or too thick), and every time I had to go into service for my ‘18 lemon, there was a W205 C63 with its guts torn out, dealing with a misfire or some other engine issue.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lexus ISF (Sold)
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
Interesting, I also had a 2009 Lexus IS350...but for 10 years. It was a great car but there is no comparison to the c43.
I’m coming from an ISF. Should be getting my C43 in the next few days. I’ve really enjoyed test driving it a few times but I’m always wondering if I’m going to be losing out on power compared to my (sold) ISF. Should I be considering a different car? Hahaha
Old 07-26-2020, 07:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Mercedes AMG C43
Originally Posted by ck21
I’m coming from an ISF. Should be getting my C43 in the next few days. I’ve really enjoyed test driving it a few times but I’m always wondering if I’m going to be losing out on power compared to my (sold) ISF. Should I be considering a different car? Hahaha
I've driven the ISF a few times and it's a fantastic car.

However you're not really losing out much on power. The F is 416hp/371tq whereas the 43 is 385hp/384tq and I think Merc underrated the engine because they claimed 0-60 as 4.7 but I've seen youtubers achieve 4.2-4.5 bone stock.
With any NA V8, you have to really push it to feel the power as peak torque is at 5200rpm. I found the C43 to be quicker and more enjoyable in city driving especially with the AWD to give you that extra launch compared to ISF's RWD.

Then technology/interior wise, you'll be moving up several levels as the 2IS interior is heavily outdated now. I came from a 3IS F-Sport and even then the interior was a jump getting in the C43.

I think you'll be happy with the C43 but it's your decision at the end of the day. I've been loving mine every second since picking it up 2 weeks ago
Old 07-27-2020, 02:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lexus ISF (Sold)
Originally Posted by highboltage
I've driven the ISF a few times and it's a fantastic car.

However you're not really losing out much on power. The F is 416hp/371tq whereas the 43 is 385hp/384tq and I think Merc underrated the engine because they claimed 0-60 as 4.7 but I've seen youtubers achieve 4.2-4.5 bone stock.
With any NA V8, you have to really push it to feel the power as peak torque is at 5200rpm. I found the C43 to be quicker and more enjoyable in city driving especially with the AWD to give you that extra launch compared to ISF's RWD.

Then technology/interior wise, you'll be moving up several levels as the 2IS interior is heavily outdated now. I came from a 3IS F-Sport and even then the interior was a jump getting in the C43.

I think you'll be happy with the C43 but it's your decision at the end of the day. I've been loving mine every second since picking it up 2 weeks ago
I noticed a much higher amount of low end torque and and the cabin is obviously much nicer. I just keep trying to convince myself I don't need AWD and can just get a C63
Old 07-27-2020, 02:58 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
Had a 991S before this and a facelift 2012 W204 C63 before that.