Sponsored by:

Sunroof Shade Judders/Stops When Closing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 03:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
19E450A, 16C450W4, 16RRS SC Dynamic, etc
Question Sunroof Shade Judders/Stops When Closing

Hi everyone, I had a new issue pop up this morning and I wanted to see if anybody knew specifically what may be causing it (a little hint at my luck: last night I was re-reading the W205 sunroof problems threads, don’t remember why, but then this happens! — different but uncanny still).

So, when I use the button to one touch open my sunshade, there is no issue. When I one touch close it, it stops after about a half a second to a second (think it goes 1/10th of the way there). If I hold it to close it (like you can hold it to open it), it goes, but it still stops and restarts every half a second to a second (think 1/10th).

I’m thinking it’s something to do with the switch, or the motor... or something electrical... somewhere...

Would love to see if anybody has had this experience before and what it was! Will cross post in C-Class W205 forum.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by cjaredscott
Hi everyone, I had a new issue pop up this morning and I wanted to see if anybody knew specifically what may be causing it (a little hint at my luck: last night I was re-reading the W205 sunroof problems threads, don’t remember why, but then this happens! — different but uncanny still).

So, when I use the button to one touch open my sunshade, there is no issue. When I one touch close it, it stops after about a half a second to a second (think it goes 1/10th of the way there). If I hold it to close it (like you can hold it to open it), it goes, but it still stops and restarts every half a second to a second (think 1/10th).

I’m thinking it’s something to do with the switch, or the motor... or something electrical... somewhere...

Would love to see if anybody has had this experience before and what it was! Will cross post in C-Class W205 forum.
the one touch system can lose its memory now and then as far back as the early 2000 models.

Just hold the button to open all the way and keep it there for a few seconds, then hold the button to close and hold for a few seconds then release. Hopefully the one touch will resume as intended.