Sponsored by:

Can you tune a leased car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C43 AMG Sedan
Exclamation Can you tune a leased car?

If I tune my car, will I have to end up paying for it in full after the lease ends? Or is it okay as long as I revert the tune.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:52 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C43 2019
Get a jb4 @BMS @Payam@BMS
getting a tune will void your warranty and you may have to buy the car as a whole as it’s against the policy but tbh just be nice to your service advisor idk how many times I’ve told people this
Old 10-23-2020, 04:46 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by 19’43s
Get a jb4 @BMS @Payam@BMS
getting a tune will void your warranty and you may have to buy the car as a whole as it’s against the policy but tbh just be nice to your service advisor idk how many times I’ve told people this
A flash tune or a piggyback will cause you some lease/contract problems if you get caught. While it is true it is harder to detect a piggyback like the jb4, detection is still possible. Tune a leased car at your own risk.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:42 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
i mean... you can. but there's always the risk of getting caught and having to deal with the consequences.
is it worth it? up to you.

my personal thoughts, with any car, is that if you want to mod it in any way, buy the car and go to town doing whatever you want to it.
If you want to lease a car and return it, just enjoy it for what it is stock, give it back, for the next person to enjoy. not that a mild tune will destroy a car, but my personal feelings is that knowing you have to give it back and someone else will probably own the car afterwards, it's not a cool thing to do.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:46 PM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
I have heard that getting a tune or performing any sort of modifications to the engine or drivetrain will void your warranty. However, if the lease is for 3-4 years, most warranty ends around then anyhow...so I really don't see why they would care about this. I have gotten tunes for my other cars in the past that were leased and I was able to return them just fine, albeit if there were issues with the car, I am sure they would have looked into it and give me crap, but luckily that never happened.