Side Skirt on C43 - warranty isue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C 43
Side Skirt on C43 - warranty isue?

Hey folks,

One of the side skirts on my 2019 C43 has come loose. It looks like a clip or two have given way. The car hasn't sustained any damage and there was no precipitating event that I know of.

Not a huge deal, but when I had this happen twice before on my M cars, the BMW dealer always took care of it under warranty. This is my first AMG and I was a little surprised when the service department at the Mercedes dealer basically took a "not our issue" attitude and offered to recommend a good body shop.

Does anyone have any experience or insight? Again, not a huge deal, (and I know it's easily remedied) but it sought of rubbed me the wrong way.

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe
It absolutely is their issue - clearly the part has failed and by no fault of yours. Speak with a manager, try another dealership or if all else fails, escalate to MB Head Office.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C 43
Thanks, Mikey. I did speak with the service manager and he agreed to take care of it provided no physical damage (there is none).
Old 11-18-2020, 08:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by RogueDPS
Thanks, Mikey. I did speak with the service manager and he agreed to take care of it provided no physical damage (there is none).
Happy to hear that! It's ridiculous that you even needed to plead your case in the first place.