Sponsored by:

Getting out of my lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M4
Getting out of my lease

Does anyone have any creative ideas in getting out of a lease? I leased my 2019 C43 in September of 2019. I love the car but I'm bored with it and want to get into something else...most likely a new M3. Or maybe even a C63s.

I still have 18 payments left. I'm paying $750 a month and put down $3,500. 10k miles a year. With Mercedes not allowing lease transfers, do I have any options?

From what I can gather, if I buy the car I'd have almost $10k of negative equity so that's not an option.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
Originally Posted by tyga11
Does anyone have any creative ideas in getting out of a lease? I leased my 2019 C43 in September of 2019. I love the car but I'm bored with it and want to get into something else...most likely a new M3. Or maybe even a C63s.

I still have 18 payments left. I'm paying $750 a month and put down $3,500. 10k miles a year. With Mercedes not allowing lease transfers, do I have any options?

From what I can gather, if I buy the car I'd have almost $10k of negative equity so that's not an option.
You have no options until MB opens up lease trasnfers. Since you put money down on a lease (why?) a lease transfer would/should be easy when that time comes.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:32 AM

M4
Originally Posted by alexasa
You have no options until MB opens up lease trasnfers. Since you put money down on a lease (why?) a lease transfer would/should be easy when that time comes.
Are there rumors they will open up transfers soon?
Old 02-08-2021, 12:14 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
Why don't you entertain the idea of buying another new car to your benz sales rep?

We know your current lease/loan is upside down even if you/they manage to sell it but if rep is desperate enough, they can make the trade in value on highest side so you end up paying few thousands more or maybe even flat out zero. But do note the difference must come from somewhere and possibly of few % discount on msrp compared to getting 10-20% off on new benz
Old 02-11-2021, 10:44 AM

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing

sorry can't help you with your lease but just wanted to say I in the same boat as far as being bored. When you're settled with your decision let us know. I personally was thinking of a M2 or maybe M3 if BMW decides to give up on that dreadful new grille the way Chevy did with their Camaro SS. Chevy's revision was pretty minor though, they just had to move the bowtie to the grille, M3 grille and bumper need major redesign.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,564 Posts
2019 C63CS
You can trade in your car on whatever new car you wanna get, but there's no way around the negative equity. Trading in your car after only a short time is a money losing transaction with most cars. You'll take the hit. The trade in will save you from having to pay sales taxes on the buyout depending on your state. Pretty much any dealer can help you with the trade in of a leased car. They'll make you a trade in offer and buy out the lease, but if you are underwater you'll have to write them a check or you can roll it into your next lease. There are limits, though for how much you can roll into your next lease. But no matter how you twist and turn it, financially this is is a pretty bad idea. Once MB resumes lease transfers, which is likely that they won't, because those teams got fired or reassigned to other tasks, then you could potentially get out of the lease unscathed, but nobody will pay you your down payment you made on the lease. Down payments on a lease is another bad idea.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:08 PM

M4
Originally Posted by superswiss
You can trade in your car on whatever new car you wanna get, but there's no way around the negative equity. Trading in your car after only a short time is a money losing transaction with most cars. You'll take the hit. The trade in will save you from having to pay sales taxes on the buyout depending on your state. Pretty much any dealer can help you with the trade in of a leased car. They'll make you a trade in offer and buy out the lease, but if you are underwater you'll have to write them a check or you can roll it into your next lease. There are limits, though for how much you can roll into your next lease. But no matter how you twist and turn it, financially this is is a pretty bad idea. Once MB resumes lease transfers, which is likely that they won't, because those teams got fired or reassigned to other tasks, then you could potentially get out of the lease unscathed, but nobody will pay you your down payment you made on the lease. Down payments on a lease is another bad idea.
Did you lease or buy your C63S? Just curious what kind of a deal you got on yours?
Old 02-11-2021, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,564 Posts
2019 C63CS
Did you lease or buy your C63S? Just curious what kind of a deal you got on yours?
I bought it cash and I did European Delivery, so I got the standard 5% ED discount and waved destination charge. Significantly better deals were otherwise not coming by at that time as the FL had just come out. Deals on a C63 are harder now. The sedan can no longer be ordered, so all there is is what dealers have in inventory or still coming in, and they have no incentive to letting them go below MSRP. There are still folks who wanna get the last V8. The coupes and cabs can still be ordered, but allocations are sparse due to the worsening global automotive semiconductor shortage.