Sponsored by:

Adding Chip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 cab
Adding Chip

I have a amgc43 thinking about adding a chip. Anyone have one? What's your thoughts? Thx
Old 03-23-2021, 03:58 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 MB GLC 43 AMG
Official C43/C450 1/4-mile thread - MBWorld.org Forums

Lots of 1/4 times, and the setups people are using...Eurotuned, AMR, OE, BMS JB1 or JB4, etc. take a look and what lines up with what your goals are...

Last edited by 1SickGLC; 03-23-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:29 AM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
Originally Posted by Jamie Leon
I have a amgc43 thinking about adding a chip. Anyone have one? What's your thoughts? Thx
Modern cars require a tune, vs. a chip. There are three kinds of ECU tunes. The first is with a handheld unit the tuner sends you that plugs into the OBD port and can flash the ECU from there. It's pretty generic, because it's meant to work in all climates, altitudes, and all cars of the type. The second is an ECU replacement, where the manufacturer sends you a custom tuned ECU, normally no better than the last step, but required based on tech limitations. The third is getting a dyno tune. Most big tuners have partner shops that will take the tune provided and tailor it to your car, while running dyno pulls. Some speed shops will tune your car, without involving a third party tuning company. The latter two are the best for performance, although going with an independent shop, without having them modify a specialty tune, will leave you with something substandard.

Every one of the options above will leave traces of the tune, and your warrant will be voided if you experience issues. MB can detect that your ECU was flashed, even if you return it to stock. If you value your warranty, don't do any of the above. I'm not saying they're not reliable, only that if you have issues with the powertrain after a flash, you're definitely going to be on the hook for it.

Having said all that, there is also the piggyback route. A piggyback doesn't change the ECU at all. It plugs into the harness feeding into the ECU and intercepts the signals from the car's network. The piggyback massages those signals, lying to the ECU about what the inputs are, and the ECU modifies things on its own. It can be removed before a dealer visit with lowered chance of being discovered, but it's not undetectable. These days, an inventive manufacturer. has the ability to detect anything you do to the ECU. ANYTHING. I've been in IT for over 30 years, and I can imagine ways to find either method, and I'm not even a manufacturer. I'm sure they can dream at least as big as I can.

The best tune that I've seen, as in consistent and not damaging the motor, while providing the best performance, is Eurocharged. They also have a warranty that extends to your motor, which is relatively unique, at least at the power levels they produce. The best piggyback is hands down the Burger Motor Sports JB4. No contest.

Last edited by Howyalivin; 03-25-2021 at 12:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
loungn14 (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 03:47 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
JB4 is the go-to C43 tuning solution.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:12 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
We have a pretty solid tune for your car and it includes a handheld that allows you to tune it from home!

Just message me I can get ya great price