Sponsored by:

Considering c43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 01:34 AM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by TModelle
My experience is just the opposite. I find the C43 interior dated, really 5 years ago. It’s really only an update in 2019 with new screens for the user interface and a new steering wheel. The quality has been pretty bad since 2016 - noisy panels if you touch them, stitching in the leather on dash and door panels that’s not straight, slightly different from car to car, dealer says hand made, but Audi does it completely straight for every car with consistency. Merc seat, door and dash stitching frays really easily in just a few months, while stitching in an Audi stays good for years. C43 interior is really horrible for the money you’re paying, honestly. Audi is solid and noise free, leather is much better quality, more luxurious overall. My Lamborghini dealer says I’ve got the same leather and stitching as what he sells on his Lambos. BMW is pretty bad though.

Among my immediate friends and family we have C43, Audi S5 and RS4, Alfa Giulia Quadrigolio, BMW 340i, and handling wise without a doubt we all agree the BMW handles the best, followed by the Alfa, then the Audi’s then the Merc. Merc had never been known for driving and handling, and it shows when you compare the cars. The only thing that is going for it is the sound. The rest of the car you just end up “accepting” because of its positioning in terms of badge(brand) and price and sound.
I suppose our opinions differ there. I test drove an M340i, Audi S4, RS3 and the Quadrifoglio before buying the C43. The Alfa handled the best for me, then definitely the Merc. The BMW felt numb, artificially heavy and the Audi is good but nothing about it stands out. I do agree that Audi interior QUALITY is very good. However, their design makes the car look cheap. The dash just looks like a rubbery, plastic material. The Mercedes definitely win for me in the interior department and yes it I also agree it sounds the best out of all those, albeit the Alfa sounds really good too. I would have gone for the Alfa if it wasn't for the issues I've read regarding that car on the Alfa forums. The new Audi RS6 interior is pretty amazing though, but that's in a different class. If the RS5 had that, I'd be all over the Audi.