NEW W206 C63 hp numbers released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 08:14 PM
paj

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
17 C43 AMG
NEW W206 C63 hp numbers released

643 bhp from a 4 cylinder hybrid motor straight from AMG F1!
Old 04-05-2021, 10:24 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Saw a preview from RBR as well. AMG is once again leading the way. I'll have to say this tech advancement is already putting the disappointment from canceling the V8 in the past much sooner than expected. Quite exciting to see.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:31 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
C450 AMG
RIP to the competition. It's sad though the future is electric.

I am going to miss raw engine displacement, grunting cylinders, crisp mechanically felt downshifts, and the smell of burnt clutch/unburnt fuel.

I know we need to save mother earth, furthermore I acknowledge the change needed for society to progress towards cleaner energy usage, however I am saddened by the thought that someday gasoline powered cars will be obsolete.

I'm not sure when my next Gin on the rocks will be, but surely, it will be a toast to what has been the greatest generation of gasoline powered vehicles the world will have ever known (2000s-2020 ish).

We are trending towards quieter, cleaner, and faster cars, no doubt, but the soul is leaving. What was once very visceral will become more and more automated.

Cheers from Philly/Detroit.

Last edited by sliqdaddy91; 04-05-2021 at 10:34 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sliqdaddy91:
Darrington (04-06-2021), gpouliniii (04-08-2021), PortC43 (04-06-2021), Rebelwon (04-09-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 11:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,512 Likes on 2,136 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
The next gen E63s which hopefully retains the V8 must do much better than the 4 pot C63e in performance figures since it is a higher class and it is a V8, too much potential for it. That being said... the 206 C63e is heavy.. so the extra horsepower is important... You guys think it can compete well enough to the M3C/M4C? But the AMG GT 63 must come up with something even more amazing otherwise it should be ashamed to have less power than the C class 4 pot. but.... that car is older now so we will see once the facelift and new gen comes out. Unpopular, personal opinion: unless we are in Germany and therefore have access to the German Autobahn, what are we going to do with all that power??? Unless we track daily tho...I rather have less power but a better exhaust note...
Cuz... we can't utilize all the power on public roads without losing our licence. The benefits of ICE is all gone might as well go full electric.
I am all about saving the planet too... but currently, our ways of generating electricity isn't as clean as we hoped. Unless we figure out something, it is also polluting our planet.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 04-05-2021 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:12 AM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
The next gen E63s which hopefully retains the V8 must do much better than the 4 pot C63e in performance figures since it is a higher class and it is a V8, too much potential for it. That being said... the 206 C63e is heavy.. so the extra horsepower is important... You guys think it can compete well enough to the M3C/M4C? But the AMG GT 63 must come up with something even more amazing otherwise it should be ashamed to have less power than the C class 4 pot. but.... that car is older now so we will see once the facelift and new gen comes out. Unpopular, personal opinion: unless we are in Germany and therefore have access to the German Autobahn, what are we going to do with all that power??? Unless we track daily tho...I rather have less power but a better exhaust note...
Cuz... we can't utilize all the power on public roads without losing our licence. The benefits of ICE is all gone might as well go full electric.
I am all about saving the planet too... but currently, our ways of generating electricity isn't as clean as we hoped. Unless we figure out something, it is also polluting our planet.
Not possible to make more power reliably, it will most likely be electrified similarly to the S63/73e and SL63/73e.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:48 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
RIP to the competition. It's sad though the future is electric.

I am going to miss raw engine displacement, grunting cylinders, crisp mechanically felt downshifts, and the smell of burnt clutch/unburnt fuel.

I know we need to save mother earth, furthermore I acknowledge the change needed for society to progress towards cleaner energy usage, however I am saddened by the thought that someday gasoline powered cars will be obsolete.

I'm not sure when my next Gin on the rocks will be, but surely, it will be a toast to what has been the greatest generation of gasoline powered vehicles the world will have ever known (2000s-2020 ish).

We are trending towards quieter, cleaner, and faster cars, no doubt, but the soul is leaving. What was once very visceral will become more and more automated.

Cheers from Philly/Detroit.

Agreed! Half the reason I bought my is because of the way it sounds!!
Old 04-08-2021, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,565 Posts
2019 C63CS
You guys seem to be more enthusiastic than us C63 owners. Just a bit of the devil is in the details. The aforementioned 643hp is only available for 10 seconds. They have yet to disclose under what circumstances you can tap into this extra boost power for 10 seconds and also how long you have to wait before you get another 10 seconds. Ultimately the battery has to have enough juice left to deliver this power. If it's like the Taycan Turbo S, then the 643hp will only be available during launch control for something like a 1/4 mile run, or like other Porsche's there might be a button on the steering wheel when pressed you get the 643hp for the next 10 seconds, for example to pass somebody on the track. Either way, the use of this will likely be very limited in the real world under public road scenarios. The guaranteed power that's supposedly available at all times is ~540hp. Considering that this new C63 weights 400 lbs more, meaning it's gonna weigh as much as the current E63, 540 is not very much. That's about the same power to weight ratio as the current C63S. It also sounds like you will likely have to use Race mode and do warm up laps first, during which it will condition the battery charge for the full power to be available. Listen carefully to what they said during the event. A lot of this F1 speech is kool-aid. This powertrain is not straight from F1. The 4 cylinder engine has nothing to do with F1. The e-turbo is F1 technology and the battery is based on F1 technology (the actual F1 battery use very different battery cells that are very expensive and not suitable for a street car), but that's where it ends. If you want an actual F1 powertrain you have to spend a couple of million on the Project One.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-08-2021 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:20 PM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
Unfortunately, with a car that's 600 lbs heavier, a lot of that new HP is going to be consumed just moving the extra bulk. AWD will help acceleration times from a stop, but one you're rolling, like hitting it from a decent roll, the smaller torque band of the 4 cylinder is going to mean less pull than expected. Any C63 with a tune is going to blow the doors off this thing. As for tuning the new C63, since it's 1/2 the motor and already turning some stratospheric boost numbers, you're going to get less hp than the current V8 from a tune. Add to that the fact that you're moving more weight, and it's even less effective. There's nothing a motorhead likes more than less bang for his buck when it comes to aftermarket mods. (sarcasm)

For people that like to track their cars, especially road course, how long does it take to deplete the battery under hard driving? Does it shut off due to high temps? Teslas normally only run their best times when their battery is full and they've been allowed to rest. After that, especially if you're hot lapping the 1/4 mile, they get slower. Doesn't sound like performance nirvana to me. Combine that with an awful 4 cylinder exhaust note and there isn't a lot to be excited about in my mind.

At least companies like Porsche are working to improve ICE technology in out of the box ways. They've developed a synthetic fuel that achieves 85% efficiency, which improves emissions enough so that driving electric isn't any better than driving ICE. That's innovation.

Edit: And if what superswiss says above is true, the added electric power won't even be good for a full quarter mile run, much less some serious road course racing.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
As a daily driver, it looks great, the price will determine if its really good or not. My guess is the price will be insanely high and the depreciation will be even higher. A nightmare to work on and hold long term. I generally like to buy my cars and drive for a bit of I like them. This car may not be ideal to do that with a battery setup.

For enthusiasts, it just looks like a heavy car with less power than an e63s. Not really ideal, and the emotion of the V8 wont be there. We will see once its released, but my c43 has no plans of going anywhere for my daily. And I am starting my search for a c63s coupe or amg gt/s depending on prices. I dont know why the c63s coupes are so expensive. M4 are dirt cheap comparatively so I may go GT just based of current c63 pricing and save 500 lbs of curb weight.