Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding to the garage -- '21 C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 08:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by djprov431
That sounds like a solid and very enjoyable plan to me - I'm OCD enough to make it decent I think
Great! Looking forward then
Old 05-23-2021, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Here's an ok recent comparison. I don't completely agree with his take, especially since he compared the sedan vs the coupe. The weight of the C43 coupe is much closer to the C63 coupe, but I understand what he is getting at. The C63 needs an open road to come into its own. It's not particularly at home around town. Given the roads he drove them on, I can understand his take, but I'm pretty sure he would lean even more towards the C63 after taking both of them on a fun canyon road, or even actually drive them back to the back on the track. RWD combined with the level of adjustability the C63 offers (9-stage TC for example), is simply just more rewarding, than the somewhat inflexible 4Matic with fixed torque split in the C43. It doesn't even look like he put the C63 in Race mode and ESP at least in Sport Handling mode to experience what the car is truly like. I did drive the C43 on the track, and it wouldn't be my choice for a track car. The title of the video is a good point, though. You need the roads and places to unleash the C63, otherwise it's just a very expensive commuter car with a V8.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by superswiss
Here's an ok recent comparison. I don't completely agree with his take, especially since he compared the sedan vs the coupe. The weight of the C43 coupe is much closer to the C63 coupe, but I understand what he is getting at. The C63 needs an open road to come into its own. It's not particularly at home around town. Given the roads he drove them on, I can understand his take, but I'm pretty sure he would lean even more towards the C63 after taking both of them on a fun canyon road, or even actually drive them back to the back on the track. RWD combined with the level of adjustability the C63 offers (9-stage TC for example), is simply just more rewarding, than the somewhat inflexible 4Matic with fixed torque split in the C43. It doesn't even look like he put the C63 in Race mode and ESP at least in Sport Handling mode to experience what the car is truly like. I did drive the C43 on the track, and it wouldn't be my choice for a track car. The title of the video is a good point, though. You need the roads and places to unleash the C63, otherwise it's just a very expensive commuter car with a V8.

https://youtu.be/khUqXeIn96Q
Thanks superswiss for this video. Problem with comparisons like these is that it is not a owner's comparison, these reviewers only have the car for a short period of time, ie. a day which the car can tailor to them differently depending on the road conditions. The car also takes time to "adapt" to their driving. The sample size is just not big enough. Thanks for sharing your experience yourself with the C43 though, that is useful but as for the video however, there are only so many things you can test within such short amount of time.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Thanks superswiss for this video. Problem with comparisons like these is that it is not a owner's comparison, these reviewers only have the car for a short period of time, ie. a day which the car can tailor to them differently depending on the road conditions. The car also takes time to "adapt" to their driving. The sample size is just not big enough. Thanks for sharing your experience yourself with the C43 though, that is useful but as for the video however, there are only so many things you can test within such short amount of time.
Yes, completely agree and that's partly why I don't fully agree with his take. Also keep in mind OP's experience will get distorted if his fiancé primarily drives the C43 as it will adapt to her and not him, but yes you make a very important point. It takes time with a car to fully appreciate it and it needs time to fully wear in and come together. FWIW, I didn't feel my C63 was fully in its element until I hit about 10k miles. I'm now at 20k and it never drove better, also partly because I have learned its limits and become part of it. The man-machine interface takes time to build.
The following users liked this post:
djprov431 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 09:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yes, completely agree and that's partly why I don't fully agree with his take. Also keep in mind OP's experience will get distorted if his fiancé primarily drives the C43 as it will adapt to her and not him, but yes you make a very important point. It takes time with a car to fully appreciate it and it needs time to fully wear in and come together. FWIW, I didn't feel my C63 was fully in its element until I hit about 10k miles. I'm now at 20k and it never drove better, also partly because I have learned its limits and become part of it. The man-machine interface takes time to build.
Agreed on what you said on how he won't be the primary driver of the vehicle and how that will affect the car. That being said, I was still looking forward to hearing about his experience knowing it is still going to be more genuine than the "reviewers" because he is reviewing it as an owner. I wish there are more long term reviews out there comparing the cars. Such as long term rentals from manufacturers when a reviewer gets to spend several months with the vehicle.
djprov431 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 06:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Couldn't agree enough, they have completely different personalities. This comparison would be awesome! Looking forward to it for sure
Originally Posted by zibby43
Would love to see a short pro/con comparison for each car after you get the chance to drive the 43 a bit more.

Very nice stable you’ve got now. Congrats on the new ride.
My fiancé has a lead foot - ya'll don't worry about that
The following 2 users liked this post by djprov431:
superswiss (05-24-2021), zibby43 (05-25-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 09:12 AM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
Your paper is due in 4 weeks... hahaha!
djprov431 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 09:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

I see, then this comparison should be pretty interesting! Looking forward to it!
Originally Posted by mo11
Your paper is due in 4 weeks... hahaha!
That is ample amount of time. No rush, have it all break-in and stuff.
Looking forward to the comparison!
djprov431 (05-25-2021)