Sponsored by:

Rattle in front after lowering springs installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 10:41 PM

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
Rattle in front after lowering springs installed

Just had the Eibach pro-kit installed on my 2019 C43 sedan. Driving around a little yesterday and today, the car handles great, but there seems to be a rattling noise coming from the front end when going over small bumps or cracks in the road at low speeds. It almost sounds like something is loose in the front (so much so, my 11 year old daughter heard it last night and again today and asked what was loose in the front of the car) I got out and checked my bumper to see if something was loose or hanging off, but everything on the outside appears secure.

Any ideas?
Old 07-19-2021, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by gabemcclintock
Just had the Eibach pro-kit installed on my 2019 C43 sedan. Driving around a little yesterday and today, the car handles great, but there seems to be a rattling noise coming from the front end when going over small bumps or cracks in the road at low speeds. It almost sounds like something is loose in the front (so much so, my 11 year old daughter heard it last night and again today and asked what was loose in the front of the car) I got out and checked my bumper to see if something was loose or hanging off, but everything on the outside appears secure.

Any ideas?
Probably the coils touching each other momentarily. It is very important that the installer puts the provided coil linings in the correct position. Sometimes mechanics think they know better and reposition the lining from where they were installed from the Eibach factory. Happens all the time.

See if you can take a picture of the installed spring, so that I can show you what I mean.