C43 Tuning Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
C43 Tuning Options

Hi guys,

So I’ve recently bought an facelift C43 (2019) and looking at potential tuning options. I’m based out in the UK but was wondering what power people are running and with what mods? Has anyone gone to the trouble to upgrade the turbos?

From researching around, it doesn’t seem that this car has much of a platform? Nor is there too much info on the engine itself - I.e. is the engine (partially/completely) forged?

maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places but if any of you guys have any details that’d be great!

Last edited by LBarto; 08-04-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 MB GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by LBarto
Hi guys,

So I’ve recently bought an facelift C43 (2019) and looking at potential tuning options. I’m based out in the UK but was wondering what power people are running and with what mods? Has anyone gone to the trouble to upgrade the turbos?

From researching around, it doesn’t seem that this car has much of a platform? Nor is there too much info on the engine itself - I.e. is the engine (partially/completely) forged?

maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places but if any of you guys have any details that’d be great!
What are your goals for your vehicle? Keep warranty or not? Going for Broke or just a fun daily driver? Lots of ways to do it. Many like stage 1 and 2 tunes. With stage 2 many will go with downpipes, wheather catted or not. One area that this platform lacks with is consistent fueling up top when pushing the power. There are piggy back tuning options, hand held tuners, full dyno tunes etc. Most are not at the point of upgrading the turbos, because most are not trying to push beyond 500hp at the wheels, that is the limit of the stock Rods (not forged) pistons are though. The torque usually created with upgrading/tuning can be an area to keep an eye on. Things like to break when pushing for every last HP/TQ. Tuning, dps, meth, lpfp, hpfp, IC upgrade, etc are all great options.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:12 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by 1SickGLC
What are your goals for your vehicle? Keep warranty or not? Going for Broke or just a fun daily driver? Lots of ways to do it. Many like stage 1 and 2 tunes. With stage 2 many will go with downpipes, wheather catted or not. One area that this platform lacks with is consistent fueling up top when pushing the power. There are piggy back tuning options, hand held tuners, full dyno tunes etc. Most are not at the point of upgrading the turbos, because most are not trying to push beyond 500hp at the wheels, that is the limit of the stock Rods (not forged) pistons are though. The torque usually created with upgrading/tuning can be an area to keep an eye on. Things like to break when pushing for every last HP/TQ. Tuning, dps, meth, lpfp, hpfp, IC upgrade, etc are all great options.
So my car is currently not used too often but it is my “daily driver” so to speak - but at the same time I’m not doing more than 6000 miles per year. I don’t mind losing warranty too much as it’s coming to the end of its period.

Preferably, I don’t want to push the engine too hard but would like to get it around 500+hp at the crank - which I think is around 450whp?

My current thoughts are to get a custom tune with the following mods:
1. Add downpipes
2. Change the IC
3. Get an Cold Air Intake - I’m hoping the new Modal Works edition turns out to be as good as it sounds!
Old 08-04-2021, 06:58 PM

2018 MB GLC 43 AMG
So my car is currently not used too often but it is my “daily driver” so to speak - but at the same time I’m not doing more than 6000 miles per year. I don’t mind losing warranty too much as it’s coming to the end of its period.

Preferably, I don’t want to push the engine too hard but would like to get it around 500+hp at the crank - which I think is around 450whp?

My current thoughts are to get a custom tune with the following mods:
1. Add downpipes
2. Change the IC
3. Get an Cold Air Intake - I’m hoping the new Modal Works edition turns out to be as good as it sounds!

Many tuning options out there for you, just need to decide who you trust. Lots of fanboys in many different directions, but top 1/4 lists will give you some insight into who is making power and putting it to the ground.

Downpipes, again a few options, Logos Engineering makes a 3" Monster catted and non-catted option, Red Star, Weistec, etc (Wesitec downpipes - MBWorld.org Forums )
Wagner Motorosports makes a great aftermarket IC (Intercooler Kit Mercedes Benz C43 AMG 3.0L W205 | Martin Tuning
The Modal Works edition CAI looks great!

Get ahold of Star4life for the IC and talk to him about the Modal CAI first hand.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:47 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Cheapest and easiest horsepower / performance gains can be obtained with the JB4 (especially if you have access to anything over 91 octane).
Old 08-05-2021, 05:07 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by 1SickGLC
Many tuning options out there for you, just need to decide who you trust. Lots of fanboys in many different directions, but top 1/4 lists will give you some insight into who is making power and putting it to the ground.

Downpipes, again a few options, Logos Engineering makes a 3" Monster catted and non-catted option, Red Star, Weistec, etc (Wesitec downpipes - MBWorld.org Forums )
Wagner Motorosports makes a great aftermarket IC (Intercooler Kit Mercedes Benz C43 AMG 3.0L W205 | Martin Tuning
The Modal Works edition CAI looks great!

Get ahold of Star4life for the IC and talk to him about the Modal CAI first hand.
Yeah it seems to be a bit of a maze to travel - especially on the FB C43 pages which seem to be AMR propaganda pages! In the UK, I believe there is really only one reputable Mercedes tuner option in MSL Birmingham.

Thanks for the mod options, I’ll definitely look into them. Especially the downpipes as I’ll need to get right hand drive specific versions which from researching seems to be somewhat limited to: CKSPerformance, Armytrix, Brondex and Weistec (Currently being tested).

Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Cheapest and easiest horsepower / performance gains can be obtained with the JB4 (especially if you have access to anything over 91 octane).
Thanks I’ll look into it. I’m a little skeptical about the piggyback modules after an experience with putting a Racechip on my W204 C250 petrol. Fuel wise it shouldn’t be much of an issue here as 97/99 RON (Equiv. to the 91/93 used in the US) is widely available.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:25 AM

2018 MB GLC 43 AMG
Yeah it seems to be a bit of a maze to travel - especially on the FB C43 pages which seem to be AMR propaganda pages! In the UK, I believe there is really only one reputable Mercedes tuner option in MSL Birmingham.
Yes some of the C43 FB pages are moderated by the AMR crew....hard to get a non-biased opinion sometimes. It would be an even better platform if everyone worked together to make this platform even better vs throwing stones at each other..

Thanks for the mod options, I’ll definitely look into them. Especially the downpipes as I’ll need to get right hand drive specific versions which from researching seems to be somewhat limited to: CKSPerformance, Armytrix, Brondex and Weistec (Currently being tested). Contact Logos they are looking to do a RHD setup for this platform in the future.

Thanks I’ll look into it. I’m a little skeptical about the piggyback modules after an experience with putting a Racechip on my W204 C250 petrol. Fuel wise it shouldn’t be much of an issue here as 97/99 RON (Equiv. to the 91/93 used in the US) is widely available.
Don't be...I have a JB4 piggyback and it works great....if you want a full tune and alter most if not all of your variables, then look to the other vendors, Eurocharged, Renntech, AMR, etc.... From what I have read, racechip isn't overly impressive compared to the JB4. Good luck!