Sponsored by:

Made my day vs M4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 09:30 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Real car guys: quite untrue, I feel as if the enthusiast buys the cylinders.
The term AMG: does mean something to the chaps that buy them and nothing to most people.....hence the AMG engine.
Bored old men? More like accomplished older chaps who chose the finer things in life.
Validate themselves? Just trying to help educate the younger generation.
An unrelated forum: we're all under the same banner.
Degrading comments? Fred8 has made much more insulting posts than anyone here.
Quite sad: the fact that some lads just cannot accept the fact that these lower tier cars are merely adorned with AMG badges to help bolster sales.
Yeah well when someone comes into a forum of a car they don't own just to **** on somebody else's post is old and annoying and I respond accordingly in hopes they dont come back. I don't go in other forums and talk **** about others posts of a car I don't own. That's just one of those unspoken rules to go by! Most respectable members know that!
Old 11-05-2021, 11:18 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by ////AMG_C43
So who the hell invited you guys to the party in the first place? You have proven that you are what you are. Be civil or just STFO and go elsewhere.

Not sensitive, just tired of bored old men looking to demean others. I truly feel sorry for the lot of you if this behavior is a true reflection of where you are in life. It’s not about the cars, it’s about your intentions to be cruel and demeaning at every opportunity.

Rationalize all you want, your have shown who and what you are. BTW I could care less about the AMG moniker. Let’s be real, a 4,500 lb plus car with a big engine is just that, nothing more. Glad the name makes you feel so special.

I have owned 40 plus cars in my life, I maintain my cars myself, I don’t need a bunch of name snobs mansplaining cars to me. You bring nothing to the table for real car guys. It’s really that simple.
And you continue the degrading; exactly what you have accused others of. This alone shows us how delusional you appear to be. That is APPEAR, not ARE. There is a difference.
AMG does make me feel special: it's a special car that not many people get to own/drive. And it's a special experience.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:24 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Freder8d
Yeah well when someone comes into a forum of a car they don't own just to **** on somebody else's post is old and annoying and I respond accordingly in hopes they dont come back. I don't go in other forums and talk **** about others posts of a car I don't own. That's just one of those unspoken rules to go by! Most respectable members know that!
No one is trying to take a **** on you or your car: simply put the AMG badge was put there to bolster sales and further the AMG name. That is what a lot of people that buy the 43' and 53's don't like to hear in comparison to the 55's, 63's etc.
Just because you choose not to do something does that mean the rest of us should follow your idea?
You admit to trying to harass others so they don't come back?? That in of itself is a questionable behavior trait.
Your hostility has been the most prevalent here on this topic thus far.
I feel pretty calm and collected myself. I'm/we're not trying to convince you, merely telling the truth, it's up to you how to interpret it.
BMW is doing the same thing with the M cars; I wonder if that is an issue on their forums?
The following users liked this post:
places (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
No one is trying to take a **** on you or your car: simply put the AMG badge was put there to bolster sales and further the AMG name. That is what a lot of people that buy the 43' and 53's don't like to hear in comparison to the 55's, 63's etc.
Just because you choose not to do something does that mean the rest of us should follow your idea?
You admit to trying to harass others so they don't come back?? That in of itself is a questionable behavior trait.
Your hostility has been the most prevalent here on this topic thus far.
I feel pretty calm and collected myself. I'm/we're not trying to convince you, merely telling the truth, it's up to you how to interpret it.
BMW is doing the same thing with the M cars; I wonder if that is an issue on their forums?
I love these guys pretending to take the high ground while slinging nothing but insults resulting from wounded pride. I'll come to any forum I want and if I want to troll you (very successfully I might add) I'm going to. The C43 guys are the EASIEST people to get upset and they'll call you all sorts of names if you slight their rebadged C450's. Hilarious.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cylinder Head:
places (11-05-2021), toosteeley (11-06-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 12:18 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I love these guys pretending to take the high ground while slinging nothing but insults resulting from wounded pride. I'll come to any forum I want and if I want to troll you (very successfully I might add) I'm going to. The C43 guys are the EASIEST people to get upset and they'll call you all sorts of names if you slight their rebadged C450's. Hilarious.
You make some great points, very interesting case studies I'm not exactly trying to ruffle any feathers although that is normally the reaction we get for trying to explain this seemingly simple concept. Do the 43's and 53's have nameplates?? Just wondering. I mean, does AMG go THAT far?
And yes! We're all free to roam the forums and post where we'd like. Have these guys access to the Private Lounge?? I'm sure if they post their VIN there they'll be welcomed with open arms and get the free stuff they're always giving out....I have several posters and some other merch from them
Do you still get a complementary track day at an AMG driving academy when you purchase an AMG? Maybe not during the last couple of years due to covid?
Old 11-05-2021, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You make some great points, very interesting case studies I'm not exactly trying to ruffle any feathers although that is normally the reaction we get for trying to explain this seemingly simple concept. Do the 43's and 53's have nameplates?? Just wondering. I mean, does AMG go THAT far?
And yes! We're all free to roam the forums and post where we'd like. Have these guys access to the Private Lounge?? I'm sure if they post their VIN there they'll be welcomed with open arms and get the free stuff they're always giving out....I have several posters and some other merch from them
Do you still get a complementary track day at an AMG driving academy when you purchase an AMG? Maybe not during the last couple of years due to covid?
https://www.amgacademy.com/amgpurchasereward

Wonder why the 43's still have to pay. Real head scratcher.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 11-05-2021 at 12:29 PM.
hyperion667 (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 12:46 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63

Who is going to read all THAT?
Old 11-05-2021, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450

That was a recent change just before Covid. I went in 2018 free of charge.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:22 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 C43
And you continue the degrading; exactly what you have accused others of. This alone shows us how delusional you appear to be. That is APPEAR, not ARE. There is a difference.
AMG does make me feel special: it's a special car that not many people get to own/drive. And it's a special experience.
I feel sure your AMG is a special car. I get that, I am on Porsche number 6. Wife and I have now logged over 130,000 miles in two Porsches and a Honda S2000 in the last 5 years. We have criss-crossed the country plus Canada multiple times. 80% of the miles were on backroads and 90% of the time the top was down.

Driving a special car does not make me feel superior.

Can’t recall pulling up next to a guy in his customized Kia and telling him it was a POS.

Can’t recall going to a car show to walk around and denigrate the cars of others.

Can’t recall ever saying a disparaging word about another’s car if the person was enthusiastic enough to join a car forum.

In other words, a special car neither makes you special or superior. It’s a car guy thing and just basic civil behavior.

You and your buddies have striven to diminish the ownership experience for many first-time Mercedes owners. Good job.

Have a great life.

stockbmw (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 02:48 PM

2019 C43
I get you big man. You are really smart and really, really special.

Does that mean I get to keep that special rent-free space in your head?
Old 11-05-2021, 03:36 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Wink

I feel sure your AMG is a special car. I get that, I am on Porsche number 6. Wife and I have now logged over 130,000 miles in two Porsches and a Honda S2000 in the last 5 years. We have criss-crossed the country plus Canada multiple times. 80% of the miles were on backroads and 90% of the time the top was down.

Driving a special car does not make me feel superior.

Can’t recall pulling up next to a guy in his customized Kia and telling him it was a POS.

Can’t recall going to a car show to walk around and denigrate the cars of others.

Can’t recall ever saying a disparaging word about another’s car if the person was enthusiastic enough to join a car forum.

In other words, a special car neither makes you special or superior. It’s a car guy thing and just basic civil behavior.

You and your buddies have striven to diminish the ownership experience for many first-time Mercedes owners. Good job.

Have a great life.
Not sure if you understand human nature very well.
You continue shooting your little arrows, but before that go on about all your Pcar ownership experience......then conclude with a sardonic exit in saying have a great life. All the while as making assumptions: Pulling next to a KIA? Walking around car shows? Saying a disparaging word? A WORD? Just one?
About a car that isn't a 'one man one engine' built car from Affalterbach?
And as I said, no one has insulted you.....at least not me.
I'll not even ask you to consider how asinine you appear to be.
AND I never claimed to BE special or superior as you have said.
You like to distort and twist words don't you?
I am having a wonderful life thank you
Old 11-05-2021, 03:44 PM

2019 C43
Not sure if you understand human nature very well.
You continue shooting your little arrows, but before that go on about all your Pcar ownership experience......then conclude with a sardonic exit in saying have a great life. All the while as making assumptions: Pulling next to a KIA? Walking around car shows? Saying a disparaging word? A WORD? Just one?
About a car that isn't a 'one man one engine' built car from Affalterbach?
And as I said, no one has insulted you.....at least not me.
I'll not even ask you to consider how asinine you appear to be.
AND I never claimed to BE special or superior as you have said.
You like to distort and twist words don't you?
I am having a wonderful life thank you
The truth can be hard. Whatever makes you feel good.

I think you are into whataboutism. You poor guys are now the victims. LOL

Old 11-05-2021, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I get you big man. You are really smart and really, really special.

Does that mean I get to keep that special rent-free space in your head?
You don't exist to me. You've engaged with me, not the other way around. I occupy the space in your head in multiple threads on this forum.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:12 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
The truth can be hard. Whatever makes you feel good.

I think you are into whataboutism. You poor guys are now the victims. LOL
Okay.
I have no idea what that means.

Peace duder,
Old 11-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,246 Likes on 2,021 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Gentlemen, the 43 vs 63 discussion is getting old especially if posted simply to aggravate the members in the thread. Please keep it civil or I'll take some action.
FWIW, if AMG calls their cars an AMG, it is an AMG That's why these cars are listed in the AMG section of MBWorld as well.

Thanks

Last edited by Wolfman; 11-07-2021 at 11:41 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wolfman:
Bengo (11-06-2021), Rock (11-05-2021), stockbmw (11-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 03:18 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Hungalow
I like to antagonize mustangs with their exhaust on sport+
The exhaust on the mustang was really the only thing they got right on those cars. I wish my C450 sounded as good as the V8’s used to, but I totally antagonize them in every aspect. I’m fact one time I slowed down so he could catch me so I could ask him if he was coming or not haha.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:25 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
I have a great idea !!! - lets all jump in the A class forum and tell them they don't own real Mercedes.

MODERATORS - PLEASE DO YOUR JOB AND STOP THESE TROLLS ALREADY - FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD....
Old 11-06-2021, 05:15 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
both the AMG and M branding is to signify that the vehicles were created with more of a performance oriented focus - hence the higher output engines sportier/harsher suspensions and exhaust noises etc etc. The AMG and M branding was NOT created to signify the number of cylinders. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

If you want a special car - probably best to move onto a more special brand such as a Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren etc etc as it seems like you have out-grown this brand and its not for you any more.

Is your end goal by visiting all these forums and causing a stir for us to go out and de-badge our cars lolol?

At this rate what will you do when the electric AMG forums opens up??? I already feel your pain as will not be able to fall asleep. How will you convince all of them that they have fake AMGS.... oh the pain and agony!!!!!.... probably best to cut your losses now as you have already lost the battle the second AMG created a AMG for every MB class.
Bengo (11-08-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 05:33 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
I have a great idea !!! - lets all jump in the A class forum and tell them they don't own real Mercedes.

MODERATORS - PLEASE DO YOUR JOB AND STOP THESE TROLLS ALREADY - FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD....
Don't worry someone already cried to the mods so that should make you guys feel better