Sponsored by:

Help. Redstar Exhaust GESI GEN2 400cpsi 4.5" Downpipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 07:22 PM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 AMG C43 SEDAN EC Stage 1
Help. Redstar Exhaust GESI GEN2 400cpsi 4.5" Downpipes

I have been interested in getting downpipes for my 2018 c43 for a while now but after being on this forum for a while and searching every thread i could find i determined that i dont want to go catless bc of the raspy noise and smell. Of course id love an increase in performance but i am really just looking for that deeper and louder exhaust with a bit of performance but still having a chance of passing inspection in California. This is where i came across redstar exhaust. Upon further research they seem like the best option for me but unfortunately theres nothing on this forum that could help reassure me of my potential purchase. I am posting this in hopes of someone who may have installed these but didnt make a thread or of any others with experience in this department that could ease my decision. i know the downpipe discussion has been covered extensively, but not at all for this product which is what makes it concerning. I currently have a stage 1 eurocharged tune, mid resonator delete, renntech evm and K&N drop in filters as "mods" go, aside from the abundance of other cosmetics mods. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

http://www.redstarexhaust.com/produc...-amg-downpipes
Old 10-20-2021, 09:04 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Absolutely no guarantee that high flow cats will pass CA smog testing - and the fine is the same as that for catless. In a vacuum, 100% will fail the visual inspection if a tech is able to see (i.e. a state bar ref). Luckily, no song testing for cars older than 8 years old in CA, so you have time I guess. Also, canned stage 1 or 2 tunes are likely to be off - as less back pressure over stock (for stage 1) but more back pressure than catless (stage 2).
Old 10-21-2021, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts
S5,C450
We have catted DP's that when paired with the 02 spacer we recommend, wont give you a CEL and you will be in 02 monitor "ready status". we have had 8 members here and over 28 customers use this combo with no CEL and have passed inspection in Cali and NYC, NJ, ETC.

If you dont have a performance exhaust we will even give you 100$ off our Performance exhaust replica.
https://www.logosengineeringmotorwor...xhaust-replica