Sponsored by:

Check Brake Pad Wear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG coupe 2018
Check Brake Pad Wear

Hi, Today while driving around the city my check brake pad wear light came on. The brakes feel fine, the car only has 21k miles on it. I did a visual inspection and the brake pads seemed to have enough wear left on them. I had just gotten a car wash. Has anyone else seen similar issues ?
Old 11-19-2021, 12:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes Benz C450 amg
Originally Posted by Mozilla
Hi, Today while driving around the city my check brake pad wear light came on. The brakes feel fine, the car only has 21k miles on it. I did a visual inspection and the brake pads seemed to have enough wear left on them. I had just gotten a car wash. Has anyone else seen similar issues ?
The sensors do come up a little early for the brake pads, but it's to give you time to schedule the maintenance to change them. Can you wait and drive a little bit more? Sure you can, but you have to be cautious about how long and know that in order to be safe, you do need to change them. Also, miles don't matter as much as the way you drive the car. If you're going fast and braking aggressively, your pads will wear off a lot sooner than someone that doesn't drive as aggressively.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Enough searching here will anecdotally tell you it's likely only the rear pads, specifically the inside pad which you can't see. Rear pads are cheap and a relatively easy job to DIY. My rear pads went out around that timeframe as well.
The following users liked this post:
GWSHARK (11-20-2021)