Sponsored by:

Coilover Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 12:11 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Coilover Options?

Hello everyone I need some help on what I should do. My stock struts/shock absorbers are worn and need replacing. I really want to lower the car so I figured coilovers would give me the look I'm chasing while improving handling. I see KW has a kit for our vehicle but its a bit out of my price range($3500). BC racing says they don't make coilovers for the coupes ... I see there are a few other brands( D2 racing, Ksport, Neomax) that make coilovers but have not looked into them yet. Does anyone have experience with any of these coilovers? I was also thinking of buying the stock OEM strut and install lowering springs but I've read here on the forums that it makes the handling worse so I'm really not sure what's the best option. Would love for anyone on coilovers to share their experience(Price, installed yourself or took it to a shop, ride impressions, etc.). Thank you.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
16' C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Fluffy Nuggets
Hello everyone I need some help on what I should do. My stock struts/shock absorbers are worn and need replacing. I really want to lower the car so I figured coilovers would give me the look I'm chasing while improving handling. I see KW has a kit for our vehicle but its a bit out of my price range($3500). BC racing says they don't make coilovers for the coupes ... I see there are a few other brands( D2 racing, Ksport, Neomax) that make coilovers but have not looked into them yet. Does anyone have experience with any of these coilovers? I was also thinking of buying the stock OEM strut and install lowering springs but I've read here on the forums that it makes the handling worse so I'm really not sure what's the best option. Would love for anyone on coilovers to share their experience(Price, installed yourself or took it to a shop, ride impressions, etc.). Thank you.
Ive had kw and ksport, both did the same job and I didn't notice any difference in them, but mine were just daily driven. Honestly, if you don't plan on needing to adjust or lower anything just go to an LKQ or pick a part yard for good used ones. Or rockauto.com for stock units.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Datastream18
Ive had kw and ksport, both did the same job and I didn't notice any difference in them, but mine were just daily driven. Honestly, if you don't plan on needing to adjust or lower anything just go to an LKQ or pick a part yard for good used ones. Or rockauto.com for stock units.
Hey thanks for your response I appreciate your input. I've decided I'm going to buy stock struts and buy lowering springs to lower the vehicle. Are you able to vouch for rockauto? I've heard of them but never purchased anything from their website. They offer the struts for $295 compared to $375 on FCP Euro or any other website.