Sponsored by:

Sensor malfunction? (Dirty?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 04:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
Angry Sensor malfunction? (Dirty?)

So it's winter and the car's sensors get really dirty. This led to the car eventually turning them off. However, I have since washed the car AND delicately hand washed all (i assume all) the sensors. 6 rear bumper, 6 front bumper, front bumper camera, and both cameras under the side mirrors. Even with all this, the car refuses to re-engage the sensors and beeps until the vehicle shuts the system off. It confirms they are off by both lighting up the dash button as well as the icon on the front screen. When I try to force them back on (by pressing the red button by the passenger door), the car just beeps as if something is blocking them, and proceeds to show my the right ring around the car in the main screen, before shutting them off again a few seconds later. I have tried everything, or at least I think I have. Has anyone experienced this before? Unless I am missing something, or missing a sensor, I do not seem to put my finger on the problem. I have had the car much dirtier in the past, and a simple car wash always fixed the issue.

2019 c43

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2022, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,818 Likes on 2,552 Posts
2019 C63CS
At this point it's more likely that you have a defective sensor. It may have been hit by debris.