Sponsored by:

Distronic Retrofit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 10:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
Distronic Retrofit?

Has anyone done, or know if there is a way to retrofit distronic into a faceflift C43?

I have the collision avoidance system already installed from factory, does it use that radar and it’s a case of just having it coded in or would I need to source a new part?

Old 02-06-2022, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,581 Posts
2019 C63CS
RJ Automotive does a retrofit. You do need some parts, but they'll send you everything. They claim only the GLC needs a new radar sensor, but I'm not sure about that. My understanding was always that the radar sensor is only there if you have the painted Mercedes Star. But you'll provide them with your VIN, and they'll send everything you need. At a minimum you'll have to install new buttons on the steering wheel.

https://rjautomotive.net/products/di...ntrol-retrofit

EDIT: Just to add, this is a more basic version of DISTRONIC. With the Driver Assistance Package you get DISTRONIC PLUS, which adds stereo cameras, speed limit recognition, and integrates with the navigation system to add a bunch of capabilities such as adopting the current speed limit, automatically slowing down for curves, intersections, exits etc, as well as when you approach traffic congestions, and in stop&go traffic it follows the flow of the traffic instead of blindly accelerating if there's a gap opening in front of the car and then abruptly slowing down again if the gap closes. It basically doesn't just rely on the radar sensor, but also the stereo camera that comes with DAP.

Last edited by superswiss; 02-06-2022 at 12:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jonathan358 (02-13-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:53 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by superswiss
RJ Automotive does a retrofit. You do need some parts, but they'll send you everything. They claim only the GLC needs a new radar sensor, but I'm not sure about that. My understanding was always that the radar sensor is only there if you have the painted Mercedes Star. But you'll provide them with your VIN, and they'll send everything you need. At a minimum you'll have to install new buttons on the steering wheel.

https://rjautomotive.net/products/di...ntrol-retrofit

EDIT: Just to add, this is a more basic version of DISTRONIC. With the Driver Assistance Package you get DISTRONIC PLUS, which adds stereo cameras, speed limit recognition, and integrates with the navigation system to add a bunch of capabilities such as adopting the current speed limit, automatically slowing down for curves, intersections, exits etc, as well as when you approach traffic congestions, and in stop&go traffic it follows the flow of the traffic instead of blindly accelerating if there's a gap opening in front of the car and then abruptly slowing down again if the gap closes. It basically doesn't just rely on the radar sensor, but also the stereo camera that comes with DAP.
thanks for this, they’ve told me that there’s also some wiring that’s required for under the passenger seat? It’s all plug and play but by chance would you know what module that is under there that the wiring will need to be plugged into?
Old 02-11-2022, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,581 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by LBarto
thanks for this, they’ve told me that there’s also some wiring that’s required for under the passenger seat? It’s all plug and play but by chance would you know what module that is under there that the wiring will need to be plugged into?
No not sure. I think there are several modules. They didn't tell you?
Old 02-12-2022, 07:26 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by superswiss
No not sure. I think there are several modules. They didn't tell you?
Ah ok thanks, I think I’ve found that it’s the EZS module so it should be a case of finding a diagram for the can module so we can add the necessary wiring.
Old 02-12-2022, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43 cabrio
I wish I new this was possible. I would have definitely done this to my vehicle.