Sponsored by:

noisy interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 c43
noisy interior

Why does my 60k 2019 c43 interior noise sound like it is a cheap piece of ****. Seriously i was in awe of the power and exhaust option when i bought it and not expecting it to be quiet inside like a lexus but damm. Makes is seem like it is a cheap car. Even thought about abandoning MB all together or trying the Sclass in time.

Anyone else have this issue
Old 03-07-2022, 07:39 AM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
016 c450 AMG
I have a slightly older c450 and noticed 2 things rather quickly. Their is a lot of road noise from RF tires, and the dash/instrument panel has a bunch of creaks and squeaks..Not what I expected..The RF noise was helped a lot by a tire replacement..The other creaks and squeaks remain. Is this the kind of stuff you are talking about?
The following users liked this post:
MykhailoM (06-11-2024)
Old 03-07-2022, 04:37 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
With these cars you get a lot of interior squeaking noises and road noise due to hard suspension and wide wheel base; it is just the way it is. Noise insulation is actually pretty great because I can hardly hear my own horn if the music volume is a little high. But insulation cannot block the road and interior noise, only external ambient. I have owned BMW M and pretty much the same deal.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:38 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
I agree with the above-comments. Road noise is lessened with non-run flat tires. Also, my PFL coupe has some occasional interior creeks, but not bad at all. Finally, I also believe the sound insulation is pretty decent in the c43, as the difference between my downpipes and FI Exhaust between windows up and windows down is HUGE.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:03 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 C43
I too was unhappy with my cars sound levels and ended up adding more insulation to all the doors, the rear passenger area, the trunk floor, inside the rear wheel wells, and the two plastic underbody panels of the car. The car now has the noise levels you would expect of a higher level Mercedes.

With respect to squeaks and rattles, I would suggest removing the center console and applying cloth tape to all places that connect plastic to plastic. I covered all clips and mounting tabs throughout the assembly. Also, remove the outer chrome band and back it with the cloth tape.

Additionally, I run non-RFT tires (DWS06 Plus) and that makes a difference too.

It took a lot of time and work to do this, but the results made it worth the effort. All-in-all I used a 36 square feet of dampening material and 54 square feet of 3/8" jute carpet padding for added sound absorption. Just returned from a cross-country trip and the transformation was a game changer.

The following 2 users liked this post by ////AMG_C43:
BoyGeezy (03-08-2022), MykhailoM (06-11-2024)
Old 03-08-2022, 06:14 PM

C43
Originally Posted by ////AMG_C43
I too was unhappy with my cars sound levels and ended up adding more insulation to all the doors, the rear passenger area, the trunk floor, inside the rear wheel wells, and the two plastic underbody panels of the car. The car now has the noise levels you would expect of a higher level Mercedes.

With respect to squeaks and rattles, I would suggest removing the center console and applying cloth tape to all places that connect plastic to plastic. I covered all clips and mounting tabs throughout the assembly. Also, remove the outer chrome band and back it with the cloth tape.

Additionally, I run non-RFT tires (DWS06 Plus) and that makes a difference too.

It took a lot of time and work to do this, but the results made it worth the effort. All-in-all I used a 36 square feet of dampening material and 54 square feet of 3/8" jute carpet padding for added sound absorption. Just returned from a cross-country trip and the transformation was a game changer.
Any estimate of how much all those materials weighed in the aggregate? I would love to see a db meter test of your car versus a standard c43 (same roads, conditions, etc.) to highlight the improvement.
MykhailoM (06-11-2024)
Old 03-08-2022, 07:46 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 C43
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Any estimate of how much all those materials weighed in the aggregate? I would love to see a db meter test of your car versus a standard c43 (same roads, conditions, etc.) to highlight the improvement.
The dampener is listed as 24 ibs. and the jute padding lists for 12 lbs. I did the job in two steps and never considered trying to get a before and after reading. I have done the same thing on other vehicles and was confident that the results would be worth the effort. Pricewise, one of the best mods you can do for this car. Make that second-best; buttoning down the console should be fix number one.

Amazon Amazon

​​​​​​
Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
MykhailoM (06-11-2024)
Old 03-08-2022, 09:05 PM

C43
Originally Posted by ////AMG_C43
The dampener is listed as 24 ibs. and the jute padding lists for 12 lbs. I did the job in two steps and never considered trying to get a before and after reading. I have done the same thing on other vehicles and was confident that the results would be worth the effort. Pricewise, one of the best mods you can do for this car. Make that second-best; buttoning down the console should be fix number one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

​​​​​​https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Very cool!