Sponsored by:

2016 C450 RaceChip GTS Black Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 07:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
C450 AMG
2016 C450 RaceChip GTS Black Review

Howdy folks. So I got my C450 about 2 months ago from Carvana (28K miles on the ODO, I'll take it) and have been enjoying it. I purchased the Dinan Sport Performace Tuner which was fine, but I honestly hated the App which would constantly disconnect. I know most of you guys run a JB4, so since I like to be different I decided to snag this and check it out. I do a have a BMS Throttle Pedal so I try to spread the love evenly. lol. They had a sale and it was 660 shipped with their app, so why not.

Install was a breeze, turbo sensor and intake manifold sensor were the two it piggybacks, and then we mounted it to the upper right (if facing the hood head on) where there was lots of space and no moving parts.

It has a couple different modes, Eco, Sport, and Race. You can fine tune them a bit by bumping up the settings, which of course I did because I want ***** out nonsense. I drove around with a buddy for about 30 minutes and noticed everything felt really good, but shockingly my Dragy times sucked. Bad. I was getting mostly 4.5+ on everything and I was pretty annoyed, went out for a few more solo runs at night, and nothing really got better. I sent an email to RaceChip with my concern which I'm still waiting to hear back on. However, I might not need it.

I'm not sure why, but today she was a told beast. I'm still working on my launches, but out of 4 of them, 3 were 4.2 according to Dragy. It sucks that there isn't many flat straight roads around me, so I do what I can. My last 2 runs were very interesting because Dragy decided to invalidate them both, even though I have ran "validated" times on them previously so I don't get it. But anyways, they were both 4.2 flat, with one difference: I had my TT on for the first one (which is arguably the better road) and TT off for the second one (which is a bit busier). I had to ease off the throttle a bit for the 2nd run towards the top end, but looking at the individual Dragy numbers I noticed something. The TT On run was 0-10 at .72 seconds, whereas TT Off was .52, with an almost identical launch. Now, I'm not a smart person, but if we take the 4.2 with TT on, and remove those .2 seconds we got from the TT off that we got on the second run, that would make it 4 flat, which is what I was hoping for. Also, Dragy is well documented as doing 0-60 times more accurate when it's a bit of an extended run as opposed to just the 0-60 portion and a sharp slowdown which is what I have to do often because of where I live, so that gives me even more confidence that this is working well. For comparison, my best run with the Dinan tune ever was a 4.39.

So overall I'm pretty pleased with the RaceChip GTS Black, especially for the price I got it for. You can really feel the improvements in the butt Dyno department, and the numbers are going in the right direction for me. Just thought I'd let you guys know my experience with it!
Old 05-01-2022, 01:13 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
C450 AMG
Quick update: ran a 0-60 in 4.03. I'm very pleased. If ya'll got any questions about it lemme know!