C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 Custom Stock Airbox Turbo Intake Tube?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 07:43 PM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
2015 C400
Nice. Keep us posted, I’m not on FB. . Will be curious on performance and pricing.
The following users liked this post:
Ultimateone (10-12-2022)
Old 04-04-2023, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Amg C43
@LogosMotorworks any word on these?
Adam Chambers (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 07:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts
S5,C450
Originally Posted by MaverickC43
@LogosMotorworks any word on these?
We actually sold the project to private label, They are looking to do a carbon fiber version of the elbows- we cannot divulge whom though.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Amg C43
Kool story bro

“civic for life”
lol

bc u don’t get ur full payment if u don’t follow their rules 👍🏼
Old 08-12-2023, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
So here's what I've got in the works. I got some turbo flange adapters that will mount to the turbo. Both the turbo flanges and airbox inlet hole have a diameter of 2.75":

@Alriko where'd you get the turbo intake flanges?
MaverickC43 (08-13-2023)
Old 08-13-2023, 09:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43
Originally Posted by Big Walker
So here's what I've got in the works. I got some turbo flange adapters that will mount to the turbo. Both the turbo flanges and airbox inlet hole have a diameter of 2.75":

@Alriko where'd you get the turbo intake flanges?
They're the flanges that come with the MST intake kit, for MSTs inlet hose. I still have them. Never used them and ended up turning the car back to stock for trade in. PM me if you want them. If you want to PM me your zip I can send them to you for shipping cost only! I have no need for these anymore.
Old 07-06-2024, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C43
Originally Posted by Alriko
They're the flanges that come with the MST intake kit, for MSTs inlet hose. I still have them. Never used them and ended up turning the car back to stock for trade in. PM me if you want them. If you want to PM me your zip I can send them to you for shipping cost only! I have no need for these anymore.
Just wondering if you got rid of these. I've contacted MST and also CTS and they won't sell just the adaptor. MST also say they're inlet upgrade for their kit won't fit standard box but it looks very close with some slight mods.

Side note. Are logos still around. I've messaged on Facebook plus emailed off their website and nothing for nearly a month.
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Mercedes-Benz GLC 43 AMG Coupe
Cheap hack for almost stock look

Always heard a strange hissing sound when pulling hard and discovered the cracked flexible hose ( top section is perfectly fine, need to remove and inspect the under side where it is exposed to the heat from turbocharger). Same cracked flexible hose on both sides.

Cracked flexible hose

Replaced the faulty section with silicone hose.

Replaced with 70mm silicone hose

Initially took measurements for aluminium flange but while during the constant dismantling for measurements, I felt the plastic parts were very hot from the radiant heat from turbocharger. Ended up with silicone for the extra thermal insulation. These silicone hoses were bigger too. Taper from 63mm from turbocharger outlet >> 76mm to air box.

Left Intake

Right Intake

The engine cover will stay until for now until I get the new bigger air ducts fabricated.

Engine cover still works

Btw, this is on a RHD GLC43, should work too for C43. Do check the flexible sections for cracks underneath; less than 90k km on a 4 year old plus ride.
Old Today, 01:29 AM

2016 C43
Originally Posted by werks400
Always heard a strange hissing sound when pulling hard and discovered the cracked flexible hose ( top section is perfectly fine, need to remove and inspect the under side where it is exposed to the heat from turbocharger). Same cracked flexible hose on both sides.

Cracked flexible hose

Replaced the faulty section with silicone hose.

Replaced with 70mm silicone hose

Initially took measurements for aluminium flange but while during the constant dismantling for measurements, I felt the plastic parts were very hot from the radiant heat from turbocharger. Ended up with silicone for the extra thermal insulation. These silicone hoses were bigger too. Taper from 63mm from turbocharger outlet >> 76mm to air box.

Left Intake

Right Intake

The engine cover will stay until for now until I get the new bigger air ducts fabricated.

Engine cover still works

Btw, this is on a RHD GLC43, should work too for C43. Do check the flexible sections for cracks underneath; less than 90k km on a 4 year old plus ride.
This is how I was looking to do it. But with 70mm pipe seeing that was the measurement in earlier post.
Are the red bits straight 76mm or 76mm back down to the 70mm box size?
Also I see no adaptors for turbo inlet so that answers my question of if they're needed or not.

Tried to send pm but apparently don't have access for that.
Old Today, 02:20 AM

Mercedes-Benz GLC 43 AMG Coupe
Red section is straight 76mm. Remove the 2x T25 bolts and junk the stock plastic adaptor. Use 4 ply or thicker silicone hose, slowly trim to length (not a straight cut down; tapered as the tract is angled slightly down) and it will conform nicely to ID of the stock air box and fit snugly. Tested for over 10,000km with no issues of coming loose. Stock ride is 1.39 bar boost when drove hard.

Parts list:
Airbox >> 76mm ID straight silicone hose (trim to fit: Left ~110mm & Right 155mm length) >> 76mm ID aluminium coupler >> 63mm ID to 76mm ID silicone reducer 90 degrees >> Turbocharger 64mm OD inlet

Cost around $100 SGD for these parts. No significant change to butt dyno; drives just like stock.

Most plastic parts in the engine are getting brittle and broke when removed for the first time. Hence more of a preventive mod.

Last edited by werks400; Today at 05:07 AM. Reason: Edit max boost value
Old Today, 02:59 AM

2016 C43
Originally Posted by werks400
Red section is straight 76mm. Remove the 2x T25 bolts and junk the stock plastic adaptor. Use 4 ply or thicker silicone hose, slowly trim to length (not a straight cut down; tapered as the tract is angled slightly down) and it will conform nicely to ID of the stock air box and fit snugly. Tested for over 10,000km with no issues of coming loose. Stock ride is 1.5 bar boost when drove hard.

Parts list:
Airbox >> 76mm ID straight silicone hose (trim to fit: Left ~110mm & Right 155mm length) >> 76mm ID aluminium coupler >> 63mm ID to 76mm ID silicone reducer 90 degrees >> Turbocharger 64mm OD inlet

Cost around $100 SGD for these parts. No significant change to butt dyno; drives just like stock.

Most plastic parts in the engine are getting brittle and broke when removed for the first time. Hence more of a preventive mod.
Thanks for info. Was trying to find something on web of someone doing just this without the adaptors. I've got BMC replacement filters and tune so easing flow restrictions little is the aim.