Sponsored by:

Next Mod: WMI ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 10:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Next Mod: WMI ?

Hey guys im looking for some help as to what my next performance mod should be? I currently have a ECU tune, downpipes, and an air intake. Id ultimately like to add on a HPFP, Intercooler, TCU tune, and WMI. I plan on purchasing a snow performance kit so I just have a few questions before going through with it..

1. The snow performance WMI has a description that states two nozzles need to be used. If I plan to use an intercooler that only has 1 WMI port do I still need to tap into a charge pipe?

2. I currently have a OTS tune from Eurocharged, are they able to re tune the car for meth or would I need a custom tune at that point?

3. Is WMI the next mod I should be purchasing or something else?
Old 06-10-2022, 07:36 AM

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts
'15 C400 and '15 ML350
1. You should be able to run 1 or 2 spray nozzles depending on how much extra fuel you are needing.
2. Meth is controlled separately by a controller (like JB4) and is variable output based on throttle position and boost. If you are trying to break records then a custom tune to maximize boost and timing when meth is on would be needed. otherwise just running meth on your stage 2 tune shoudl still yield results since you are supplementing fuel and adding cooler charge.
3. I would do intercooler first since you need that for the nozzle bung. I have heard if you go HPFP +IC on our cars then meth is no longer needed.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:49 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by MatthewJ
1. You should be able to run 1 or 2 spray nozzles depending on how much extra fuel you are needing.
2. Meth is controlled separately by a controller (like JB4) and is variable output based on throttle position and boost. If you are trying to break records then a custom tune to maximize boost and timing when meth is on would be needed. otherwise just running meth on your stage 2 tune should still yield results since you are supplementing fuel and adding cooler charge.
3. I would do intercooler first since you need that for the nozzle bung. I have heard if you go HPFP +IC on our cars then meth is no longer needed.
I'm not looking to break any records but I would like to improve my 0-60 & 60-130 times. So I think I will go with your advice, Intercooler & HPFP first then meth IF necessary. As I said earlier Im not trying to break any records but I would like these parts(IC,HPFP,WMI) to perform to the best of their abilities. That's why I asked about a custom tune or a re flash. I believe the HPFP requires a re-flash to run a e mix so Ill get in touch with EC. If anyone has these mods please chime in. Would like to know whether it's plug and play or did you need a new tune? I could use all the advice you guys have to offer. Thanks for answering my questions I appreciate it.