Sponsored by:

Negative Rear Camber HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG 2020
Exclamation Negative Rear Camber HELP!

Hello I recently lowered my 2020 c43 AMG Sedan on H&R sport lowering springs however, I'm getting negative camber on the rear wheels,
has anyone experienced this or know what I need to do to get close to the factory specs? also would stock struts be just fine with the springs?
any help would be greatly appreciated !
Old 08-27-2022, 07:14 AM
SPONSOR

Received 153 Likes on 123 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Hi

Yes problem has come about as today’s models there is now only ‘Toe’ (directional) adjustment!!

No longer Front or Rear Camber to cater for other then showroom height conditions.

Day to day commuting encountering high cambered roads, wheel squat through lowering or load carrying, fitting wide profile tires along with no adjustment to cater for curb knock damage.

It’s all to do with cost cutting and ever increasing speed of auto assembly lines.

Camber and Caster adjustment is essential to adjust tire contact angles allowing to spread load more evenly.

Resolving costly, premature edge tire wear.

Excess edge load can also lead to higher impact, ruptured side walls rim damage.

See Spoiler Re Bolt-On Kits for The C300-450/C43 AMG

Spoiler

AUDI to VOLVO - KMAC Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings Since 1964 !
The following users liked this post:
AXO893 (08-28-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 08:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by K-Mac
Hi

Yes problem has come about as today’s models there is now only ‘Toe’ (directional) adjustment!!

No longer Front or Rear Camber to cater for other then showroom height conditions.

Day to day commuting encountering high cambered roads, wheel squat through lowering or load carrying, fitting wide profile tires along with no adjustment to cater for curb knock damage.

It’s all to do with cost cutting and ever increasing speed of auto assembly lines.

Camber and Caster adjustment is essential to adjust tire contact angles allowing to spread load more evenly.

Resolving costly, premature edge tire wear.

Excess edge load can also lead to higher impact, ruptured side walls rim damage.

See Spoiler Re Bolt-On Kits for The C300-450/C43 AMG

Spoiler

AUDI to VOLVO - KMAC Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings Since 1964 !
why is it so expensive?