Sponsored by:

New Here, just got a 2017 AMG GLC 43 - Tire and spacer question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC 43
New Here, just got a 2017 AMG GLC 43 - Tire and spacer question

Hi everyone. Just have a quick question- Read through a LOT of the tire posts. This is my daily driver here just outside of Denver Colorado. Came to me with Pirelli Zero Scorpion A/S pluses at 3/32 tread remaining as well as a slow leak in the front right tire that the tire shop said cannot repair with such low tread. The tire sizes that were on this when I took possession (F) 265/45/21 (R) 295/40/21.
After reviewing the limited tire options, and having had Yokohama Geolandars before I decided to go with Yokohama Geolandar X-CV and match the same tire sizes. Just had Firestone mount the tires for me and I am getting a LOT of rubbing up front. Going straight if I'm completely straight, it's almost gone, but the slightest move left or right and it starts rubbing. Turns out the overall size of the Yokohama front is about 1.1" taller, probably due to the All season tread I imagine. Firestone said I definitely need to get an alignment, but wondering if I should also go with a spacer up front - will that eliminate the rubbing? This apparently has the 8.5" front and 9.5" rear OEM AMG wheels as well.
Please advise-

Old 08-31-2022, 12:23 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 C43, 1966 230SL, 2006 Jeep Rubicon
Originally Posted by RobBurgan
... just got a 2017 AMG GLC 43 - Tire and spacer question ... Please advise-
You might get more info if you post in the GLC forum.