Sponsored by:

New owner - Questions and request for advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe
Smile New owner - Questions and request for advice

Hi all! I just purchased a 2019 C43 (coupe) with 15k miles. It’ll be delivered on 3/1, and while patiently waiting, was hoping the hive brain could provide some answers and advice!

First, anything I should pay special attention to upon delivery? (Known issues/defects, trouble spots, common aftermarket/fake MB parts, etc.) It looks completely stock, but want to have an awareness going into it.

Assuming I accept delivery, I’m already planning some initial mods. However, version numbers are a bit confusing. I assume it’s a w205 from my research, but when I look for parts (mainly for the GT style grill) I’m seeing misleading numbers for my year. Want to confirm it’s a w205, and how I would know if it has a camera in the grill. Also a bit confused about pre/post facelift… was it a mid-year update?

My car is pretty much a base model, having the multimedia package, 19” wheels, and AMG exhaust options. Only ‘must have’ was the exhaust, but really wanted the digital gauges and upgraded ambient lighting. I’ve found some kits online that mimic the ambient lighting, but wasn’t sure if there was a preferred kit/seller, or if someone had a good experience with an aftermarket kit. I’m sure it would be hard to upgrade to a digital cluster, but if I’m wrong here, please let me know. I’d also love to see some pictures at night of the stock non-64 color lighting, just so I know what to expect. (Couldn’t find any online)

The color is lunar blue, which I was torn on. Some pictures looked blue, some black, others purple. (Don’t want purple) hoping I’ll be happy when it arrives, and also thinking about front air diffusers - would the lunar blue look weird with a black front air diffuser/lip, or would it be best I get it painted body color? Anyone have pictures by chance?

I plan on installing an amp/single sub, so any posts/advice on best spot to run power wire through the firewall and which wires in the back to splice for the RCA converter would be handy, but I can Google when the time comes.

Really want to learn as much as I can about the car (was hoping to see a few stickies posted so I could read through) so feel free to share any threads that may be helpful, or just general advice!

Thanks so much all - can’t wait for her to arrive!
Old 02-23-2023, 05:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
MB GL350, 911 C2S
Originally Posted by ccouture22
Hi all! I just purchased a 2019 C43 (coupe) with 15k miles. It’ll be delivered on 3/1, and while patiently waiting, was hoping the hive brain could provide some answers and advice!

First, anything I should pay special attention to upon delivery? (Known issues/defects, trouble spots, common aftermarket/fake MB parts, etc.) It looks completely stock, but want to have an awareness going into it.

Assuming I accept delivery, I’m already planning some initial mods. However, version numbers are a bit confusing. I assume it’s a w205 from my research, but when I look for parts (mainly for the GT style grill) I’m seeing misleading numbers for my year. Want to confirm it’s a w205, and how I would know if it has a camera in the grill. Also a bit confused about pre/post facelift… was it a mid-year update?
I'm a new owner too and picking up my whip ('19 C43 Wagon) in April but can tell you that yes, yours is a W205. I dunno about the cameralocation though. I assume it's underneath the front emblem in the grille.

My car is pretty much a base model, having the multimedia package, 19” wheels, and AMG exhaust options. Only ‘must have’ was the exhaust, but really wanted the digital gauges and upgraded ambient lighting. I’ve found some kits online that mimic the ambient lighting, but wasn’t sure if there was a preferred kit/seller, or if someone had a good experience with an aftermarket kit. I’m sure it would be hard to upgrade to a digital cluster, but if I’m wrong here, please let me know. I’d also love to see some pictures at night of the stock non-64 color lighting, just so I know what to expect. (Couldn’t find any online)
Can't help you here but I have seen some kits with new vents on ebay for $500-ish but they're from china so I automatically assume they're a mega POS. Especially the vents. Check my thread from yesterday about the Burmester tweeters.

The color is lunar blue, which I was torn on. Some pictures looked blue, some black, others purple. (Don’t want purple) hoping I’ll be happy when it arrives, and also thinking about front air diffusers - would the lunar blue look weird with a black front air diffuser/lip, or would it be best I get it painted body color? Anyone have pictures by chance?

I plan on installing an amp/single sub, so any posts/advice on best spot to run power wire through the firewall and which wires in the back to splice for the RCA converter would be handy, but I can Google when the time comes.
Do search on this forum for "Burmester" and you'll find a few extensive threads on the subject.

Old 02-23-2023, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 173 Posts
Amg C43
There’s threads for All your questions.
I had a ‘19 that sounds a lot like yours.
I didn’t have all the toys and the car was awesome.
but if u want those options keep looking or u can get many of them added.
I’ve heard people having issues with the digital cluster. If it’s a cpo you need to be careful.
performance exhaust is a must