C43 amg injector replacement/cleaning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 08:52 AM
WVM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG
C43 amg injector replacement/cleaning

Hello ! I have a problem with my C43 amg, i have missfire cylinder 2. But that happends only when i accelerate to maximum but not always ! After the check engine is on, i stop the engine, restart it, ths check engine is always on but the car drives well even under maximum throttle.
i changes the coil pack and the spark plugs, same problem. The next thing my mechanic advise me is to change/clean the cylinder 2 fuel injector.
How do o get it out ? Is it easy job ? Some video maybe would help me ! 🙏Diagnosys LINK

Old 11-01-2023, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C43 AMG
It's not an easy job. Unless the injector is plugged with carbon (which I doubt) it's better to just change the injector and injectors are known to go on these cars from time to time. You will also need to code in the flow rate for the injector with a capable scan tool. Calls for around 5 hours to change just one injector.

Or go to a shop and they can install a fuel injector cleaning machine that will hook into the fuel line and clean off the injectors. But if the injector is leaky and you just try to clean it by taking it out you with have to re-do the job and replace it.