Sponsored by:

Checking in from Edmonton, Alberta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
Checking in from Edmonton, Alberta

Hey folks, just posting and saying hello. Was looking for ECM tunes available in Canada and stumbled on your forum. Been modding cars on and off for years, but this is my first MB that's worth the effort. 2016 C450, bought used with 95k kilometers on it. It came already tuned (which I'm trying to figure out how to find out what tune I have) with full Armytrix DP and exhaust system. Dyno said 410whp/450fp torque, which is entirely accurate considering I thought it would have been over 500 with the acceleration and g I felt when I first drove it. Just had CTS intakes installed, and about to add aftermarket intercooler end of month. Going under car on hoist, saw a few minor issues that are normal for a car this age, the drive shift flex rubbers have small cracks beginning to show, so that will need to be attended to. I guess my first question to this knowledgeable group would be how to determine what tune I have, so I can start the journey on my own. Goal is 500whp, with same area for torque. Car is a summer daily driver and toy, that I'll bring to track periodically (something that'll be new to me, always been a street racer)for fun. Thanks in advance, and hopefully over time I'll be able to contribute to the forum as much as I see others do. I'd like to post some pics, but I can't seem to be able to make it work.

Old 03-31-2024, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W205 AMG forum...
Old 04-02-2024, 11:31 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 C43, 1966 230SL, 2006 Jeep Rubicon
Originally Posted by Jrotten64
Going under car on hoist, saw a few minor issues that are normal for a car this age, the drive shift flex rubbers have small cracks beginning to show, so that will need to be attended to.
Check motor mounts, as they have documented failures as early as 60,000 miles and are laborious to change. I don't know about c450, but on c43 they are liquid filled and they leak black stuff on failure.