Few questions from a C43 newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG Coupe
Question Few questions from a C43 newbie

Hi all,
Proud owner of a beautiful 2019 C43 Coupe since last weekend. Getting to learn everything about the car and a few questions came up already:
  • is there an emotion start on that gen? I tried the paddles pressed before start button, but I got mixed results, and surprisingly it sounds a bit louder with the right paddle pressed instead of left, is that even possible?
  • looks like there is not a driving mode memory next time you start the car? I had it on my 2015 GLA, it would remember my previous driving mode if I start it again in the next 3/4 hours
  • any way to get rid of that seat belt warning every time you start the car? Doesn't make sense if it detects that you have your seat belt on already
  • do you guys have any issues with the petrol door not closing easily? It appears it depends how the petrol cap cable is torn inside?
Thanks all for any help!
Erwan
Old 07-04-2024, 07:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,501 Likes on 2,128 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Erwanoz
Hi all,
Proud owner of a beautiful 2019 C43 Coupe since last weekend. Getting to learn everything about the car and a few questions came up already:
  • is there an emotion start on that gen? I tried the paddles pressed before start button, but I got mixed results, and surprisingly it sounds a bit louder with the right paddle pressed instead of left, is that even possible?
  • looks like there is not a driving mode memory next time you start the car? I had it on my 2015 GLA, it would remember my previous driving mode if I start it again in the next 3/4 hours
  • any way to get rid of that seat belt warning every time you start the car? Doesn't make sense if it detects that you have your seat belt on already
  • do you guys have any issues with the petrol door not closing easily? It appears it depends how the petrol cap cable is torn inside?
Thanks all for any help!
Erwan
1. The 2019 C 43 is facelift so "Emotion Start" is present, it is activated by holding either paddle and then hitting the ignition. If you want a more consistent result, just push the ignition twice without your foot on the brake until the vehicle is in accessory mode (like a Christmas tree) then put the vehicle in sport+, foot on the brake and then start the engine.
2. There isn't at all.
3. That doesn't sound right, if you already put your seatbelt on before you start the ignition, the seatbelt warning shouldn't come on.
4. not at all but I don't have the facelift
The following users liked this post:
Erwanoz (07-04-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG Coupe
Hi,
Thank you for your replies!
1. Thanks for the tip of the double ignition press to choose the Sport+ mode prior to start.
2. It's hard to understand why this feature is on a 2015 GLA-class but not on a 2019 C-class. This would save us so many clicks at every start.
3. Do you mean that given I already have my seatbelt at start, there shouldn't be a warning showing up?
4. I think that bit is now under control. I just need to ensure the cable is straighten a bit.

Last edited by Erwanoz; 07-05-2024 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-05-2024, 06:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,501 Likes on 2,128 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Erwanoz
Hi,
Thank you for your replies!
1. Thanks for the tip of the double ignition press to choose the Sport+ mode prior to start.
2. It's hard to understand why this feature is on a 2015 GLA-class but not on a 2019 C-class. This would save us so many clicks at every start.
3. Do you mean that given I already have my seatbelt at start, there shouldn't be a warning showing up?
4. I think that bit is now under control. I just need to ensure the cable is straighten a bit.
You're welcome : )

Yes facelift W205 does not remember the drive mode as long as a 2015 GLA.

Yes, seat belt warning shouldn't show up as long as you buckle before starting the engine, unless there is a passenger in the front passenger seat or if there are heavy items enough to trigger the passenger sensor.