C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye Munich...Hello Stuttgart!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
Yep. I'm another BMW to C63 mover. Had the E46M3 and most recently a 550 sport. I drove the e92 M3 - it's a great car, a lot of fun to drive, cool sound (not as cool as the c63) but ultimately it lacked the one thing that my e46 M3 had and that everyn other car I've owned has lacked. The e46 simply felt special evey time I fired it up. The new M3 simply doesn't. Looking at the c63 (especially with the sahara beige interior I ordered) I think after 6 years and 3 cars since my e46 M3, I'll have a car that feels special again every time I turn the key.

I must admit I've never driven the C63 and only saw one in the flesh for the first time last weekend, parked on the street. Yet I know how much I'm going to enjoy it. It was built last Friday and is sitting somwhere between the factory and the ship. I seem to find myself running the VIN through the shipping website about 3 times a day to see if it's on the ocean yet!

In the end, when the toughest decision we have is between an M3 and a C63 life is pretty good...
Old 06-26-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by 2009c63soon
In the end, when the toughest decision we have is between an M3 and a C63 life is pretty good...

Nicely put my friend. I wish all my TOUGH choices in life were like this one.

See yeah
Old 06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sigma7
Now for the long, long, long, wait.. Can't wait to read posts from those lucky enough to get their hands on one this spring!!!!!!
Welcome to the club!

And a very true statement above, plus its a MB, its always better
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
Yet another BMW to C63 driver

I owned a '97 M3 Sedan and loved to mid-range thrust it had. I traded it for a '07 BMW 335i which I have owned for over a year now. I love the torque from the twin turbos, but when I saw the C63, I fell in love. I placed an order without a test drive, 05 September factory delivery. My expectations are quite high, but I do not expect to be disappointed.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by RM-6302
I owned a '97 M3 Sedan and loved to mid-range thrust it had. I traded it for a '07 BMW 335i which I have owned for over a year now. I love the torque from the twin turbos, but when I saw the C63, I fell in love. I placed an order without a test drive, 05 September factory delivery. My expectations are quite high, but I do not expect to be disappointed.
I assure you, it will Not disappoint. As the memebers above said it feels and drives better then the New M3 2008. I test drove the M3 and I'm glad I did at the time. I was in love with the M3 convertible in White and Tan interior but after hitting it on the highway, all of what I thought the car would be, it just wasn't, NO TORQUE... I then took my 1K deposit back and went strieght to MB for the C63 w/out a test drive I was sold by its presence and spec's. I did get to start it at first which impressed me further, but a few weeks later I was on a business trip in PA and actually test drove one in silver 2008(which someone on this forum purchased the week after)

If you're use to driving a stick shift, as I am , you will find yourself looking to throw a few gears because it has such a thunderous sound between gears Especially when you open it up....
Old 06-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by vraa
Rumor has it Mercedes is dumping their 7 speed automatic and trying to find a partner to build an 8 speed dual clutch system.

What I'm really excited about is just numbers:
BMW plans to sell 80,000 M3s.
Lexus is making only 4500 IS-F's
I can't find any numbers on the C63

I do remember reading that at stock hp levels, the C63s' engine will be "unstressed" -- hello boost!

Mercedes already has a multi-clutch system - it's called AMG Speedshift MCT (multi-clutch technology). It is based on Mercedes's 7 speed transmission and only uses clutch elements to change gears. It debued in the 2009 SL 63 AMG (available now) and will likely make its way through the AMG lineup over time.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Have you guys read M3post lately? Sooooo glad I went with the C63.

Multiple people are having problems with the EDC. Many are not happy with M-DCT. That car just has too many electronically-controlled systems IMO. Do you really need to program the steering feel, suspension compliance, throttle sensitivity, and shift times every time you fire up the car? (answer: yes, if you have an M3) C'mon. I just want to hop in and drive. FAST.

C63 is the way to go. This car is going to beat the new M3 in reliability, bigtime!

My .02
Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
wow i was just on the link taht someone jt posted..

that guy ArtM3 is a total douchebag.

i hate guys like him with a passion.. it's like saying the PS3 is the greatest game system ever, yet the Wii is doing so much better in sales and satisfaction.

thank you jt, for being a highly educated individual. the world needs more people like you. cheers!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:01 AM

09 C63
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
wow i was just on the link taht someone jt posted..

that guy ArtM3 is a total douchebag.

i hate guys like him with a passion.. it's like saying the PS3 is the greatest game system ever, yet the Wii is doing so much better in sales and satisfaction.

thank you jt, for being a highly educated individual. the world needs more people like you. cheers!
You must have really done something to **** Art off then, because I've been in contact with him for a couple years now. One of the most down to earth people I have ever had the pleasure of talking to in my life. Why are you calling him out here?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by AMGBeleza
You must have really done something to **** Art off then, because I've been in contact with him for a couple years now. One of the most down to earth people I have ever had the pleasure of talking to in my life. Why are you calling him out here?
if he is down to earth, i just don't see it. sorry, but he sounds completely mad with his fanboyistic views on mercedes in general. and the other d ck riders agreeing like drones seem the same. he doesn't seem rational to me with that discussion, repeatedly quoting the same posts over and over again. if he only had an open mind when it comes to such topics i wouldn't be so riled up, LOL. sorry if i offended you in anyway; just never seen such loyalty to a brand/marque!

edit: hot damn! your dog is GORGEOUS!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 AM

09 C63
if he is down to earth, i just don't see it. sorry, but he sounds completely mad with his fanboyistic views on mercedes in general. and the other d ck riders agreeing like drones seem the same. he doesn't seem rational to me with that discussion, repeatedly quoting the same posts over and over again. if he only had an open mind when it comes to such topics i wouldn't be so riled up, LOL. sorry if i offended you in anyway; just never seen such loyalty to a brand/marque!

edit: hot damn! your dog is GORGEOUS!
Nope, not offended at all. I just know how Art is, all numbers. And to this day the numbers stand true, M3 is a faster round the track and better performer around the track car. But guess what, everyday driving, I want the C63 and the new M3 is fugly.. (personal opinion). Yes, he is a dedicated M3 "fan", as was I before the new fugly design, but I think he was a little instigated...

edit: Thanks on the dog, he is the best!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by AMGBeleza
Nope, not offended at all. I just know how Art is, all numbers. And to this day the numbers stand true, M3 is a faster round the track and better performer around the track car. But guess what, everyday driving, I want the C63 and the new M3 is fugly.. (personal opinion). Yes, he is a dedicated M3 "fan", as was I before the new fugly design, but I think he was a little instigated...

edit: Thanks on the dog, he is the best!
i agree, the M3 is the faster car on the track, haha. but the c63 shouldn't be that far behind; 90% of the people who will buy either car will probably never use them to their full potential anyways.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 AM

09 C63
i agree, the M3 is the faster car on the track, haha. but the c63 shouldn't be that far behind; 90% of the people who will buy either car will probably never use them to their full potential anyways.

For sure! Unless you go to AMG school... HAHA... The C63 actually is very close. And, given a trained AMG driver vs a little experienced M3 driver... C63 could easily win on a track. The difference is significant, but only when drivers are equal. Regardless, I know for a fact I would love the car much more than the new M3. The quality, the roar, just the looks alone. I'm not going to be racing on the track with my car.

edit: BTW, Art mentioned in one of his posts on that thread that he just put money down on a C63...

Last edited by AMGBeleza; 06-27-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:28 PM

2009 C63 K1
I have a C63 on order. I just wanted to mention that BMW sells more M3's than all of the AMG branded cars put together. I kinda like that because our C63's will be more exclusive. Until now BMW has had the market cornered on performance and Mercedes/AMG has superior HP/TQ and raw speed. The C63 changes everything IMO. It is superior in HP/TQ and damn close to the handling of the M. To me BMW is slacking with the new M3 and I hope with the release of the new C63, it will incent them to do better.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by sigma7

Not wanting to mess with the inevitable first model year problems, my money was dropped on the '09 reservation list.. Now for the long, long, long, wait.. Can't wait to read posts from those lucky enough to get their hands on one this spring!!!!!!
I would rather spend a year getting to know the car and its little idiocyncratic flaws.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 AM

E63
E63 vs 335xi

For what it's worth...

The 335xi is fast, peppy, very tossable around corners and curves, gets 20+mpg in mixed city/highway driving, and a very fun car.

The problem is, I have an E63 as well...

@ quarter throttle, I have a luxurious yacht that smooths out all the bumps and road imperfections that the shorter wheelbase 3 series transmits right through to the cabin.

Beyond quarter throttle, the yacht shrinks instantaneously into a cigar boat, and does things no 2-ton sedan should be able to do...

The roar of the V-8 is Wagner-esque. Apparently, the entire neighborhood knows I'm coming home when I pull up to the garage...

The 335xi's acceleration pins you to the seat. The E63's pins you to the BACK seat...and gives you that rollercoaster headache from too many g's...

While I've only seen the C63 (and it looks badass compared to my E63, and I thought my E63 looked evil in black already...), I've never driven it so I cannot comment on the ride. All I know is the E63 is orders of magnitude more comfortable than my old C32 from the ride department.

What I CAN say though, is that engine, for day to day driving, is the most addictive symphony you will ever hear, feel, and control.

Once you get a 63, you will suffer the curse of "What the hell am I going to drive after this?" syndrome. Be warned: it will afflict you some time after you've picked up your car, and before the lease is up (it took me just 3 months before I'm worried about the day I have to return mine...)

I can't imagine the same engine in a smaller car tuned for performance instead of luxury. I'm sure the C63 will be an awesome driving experience.

Welcome to the club...
Old 06-28-2008, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by gcpa
What I CAN say though, is that engine, for day to day driving, is the most addictive symphony you will ever hear, feel, and control.

+1

nice review