IS-F Videos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
BenzBoy12, You are correct about your points but one....
Well which points was he correct about in terms of bashing Japanese V8's?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
let's not debate engines at this point..

in due time we will end up comparing F1, DTM, SCCA... ect

IMHO: If I had to choose an engine for my car it would be a Toyota. Done.

AMG engines are great.. but not reliable as a whole. Some parts are bullet proof and others are very weak. Well atleast before the 63.... too early too tell if they will hold up in about 2 to 3 years.

I rather have a Toyota V10 NA (similar to the one on the new Supra or New Lexus super car) vs a 63 AMG.

I rather have a lexus V8 than AMG v8.

Trust me, if they Lexus comes out with a turbo V8 or supercharged v8 I would choose it over the AMG.

I wanted comfort and power. Lexus has the comfort but lacking the power at this point.

just my opinion after owning 2 used AMG's.

hopefully if and when I do take ownership of a C63 (my 1st new AMG).. I would hope they are much more reliable.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350
Originally Posted by TopGun32

AMG engines are great.. but not reliable as a whole. Some parts are bullet proof and others are very weak. Well atleast before the 63.... too early too tell if they will hold up in about 2 to 3 years.

I rather have a Toyota V10 NA (similar to the one on the new Supra or New Lexus super car) vs a 63 AMG.

Trust me, if they Lexus comes out with a turbo V8 or supercharged v8 I would choose it over the AMG.

I wanted comfort and power. Lexus has the comfort but lacking the power at this point.

hopefully if and when I do take ownership of a C63 (my 1st new AMG).. I would hope they are much more reliable.
I am totally agree with you about Lexus/Toyota's reliablility. I have owned several Lexus and Toyota. There are not only troble free, but the service from Lexus is no compare to others at all.
However, I have been the owner of the CPO SLK 350 for several months. There are problems after problems. Well, good thing is that the shape of SLK is still my favor.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
The toyota of luxury cars trying to become the toyota of performance? I'll pass.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
Originally Posted by chriswebb
Hello All,

New to the forums and preparing to buy a sports sedan. Likely a C63...If I can hold out til April!

An IS shortcoming of a non-performance sort.

The cabin is small...I mean really small. My head touches the ceiling. I'm 6'4" which is tall but not NBA-tall. I have headroom clearance in every modern car I have driven including the Mini and Lotus Elise...But not in a Lexus sedan?

What's worse is that the seats in the IS didn't lower so I asked the sales guy sitting next to me and he cheerily replied "The seats go waaay back". I was totally shocked.

Maybe for the extra money the IS-F will have enhanced seat controls but...

...Even so, I still can't wrap my head around the idea of paying that much for a performance car that has no lineage to speak of and no real aftermarket. Will it? Maybe.

In the meantime the Euro cars in this niche get my vote.
No real aftermarket? Are you kidding? Have you ever seen a Hyper Rev magazine? A stock IS-F won't perform the best, but it will be enough for a lot of people and there is no comparison in reliability.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 560 Likes on 370 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
The toyota of luxury cars trying to become the toyota of performance? I'll pass.
Well, one Toyota in particular is still a performance paradigm, but that one was designed in the "good old days", and is actually pretty.

IS-F drivers are about to be the most hated people on the road, guaranteed. Guidos weaving through traffic, cutting everyone off and revving at Lamborghinis. I absolutely cannot wait to smash one to pieces. I have never, ever seen an AMG driver push his car like a complete a-hole, but I've seen plenty of Lexus, G35 and M3 drivers just completely misbehaving.

The IS-F belongs to a crowd that I do not want to be associated with.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Neiman-Marcus limited edition goes on sale tomorrrow for $68k:

This IS F "Special Build" features an Obsidian black exterior with perforated black leather trimmed sports seats, specially chosen white accent stitching, unique steering wheel with white leather accents, front headrests embossed with F logo, numbered Special Build badge and a Mark Levinson® state-of-the-art CD/DVD Premium Surround Sound Audio System with navigation and Bluetooth.

Available beginning Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 12:00 pm EDT. The number to call and order is 1.888.747.4504.

http://www.lexus.com/isf/isf/news.html

"Only 50 Neiman Marcus IS F special build sedans will be made. These limited edition vehicles will be among the very first IS Fs off the line and have an exclusive interior design of high-style black with white accent stitching. Each will feature a unique steering wheel with white leather accents, front headrests embossed with an F logo, hand-polished finish on the wheels and a sequentially numbered Special Build badge.

To place orders, customers may call toll free 1.888.747.4504, beginning at noon EDT on Oct. 18, 2007. This Neiman Marcus edition is offered exclusively in the Christmas Book."

Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Well which points was he correct about in terms of bashing Japanese V8's?
I was supporting them...did you read my post lol? And that Black looks so nice. Sorry, does look nicer than a C63 a little.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:28 PM

Audi
I really dislike the kit on the IS-F. I think it looks way better without the kit.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
I actually think it looks nice. Helps it to look wider. Regular ISs look too skinny, kinda like the original CTS. Kit makes it look proportional.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
+1

Originally Posted by TopGun32

Old 10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
I was supporting them...did you read my post lol? And that Black looks so nice. Sorry, does look nicer than a C63 a little.
Being a pretty happy IS350 former owner I have to say that I do like the IS-F but still not determined at all it looks better then a C63 but to each their opinion.
Both the Germans and the Japs have a totally different mind in style. I love both style but definitely think the C63 is more in your face while the IS-F is a fast looking sophiscated machine.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by c32used
Being a pretty happy IS350 former owner I have to say that I do like the IS-F but still not determined at all it looks better then a C63 but to each their opinion.
Both the Germans and the Japs have a totally different mind in style. I love both style but definitely think the C63 is more in your face while the IS-F is a fast looking sophiscated machine.
agree 100%. Amg is starting to really be more aggresive with their kits.