Sponsored by:

Nissan GTR vs C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 V10, 2 V8
Originally Posted by tsedeng
Wow impressive numbers. Just Like the $8,000 civic hatch with H22 turbo clearing the 1/4 mile in about the same time, or maybe 11.2 secs. At first glance, I thought the red GTR looked like the new Accord. Too bad, with all its power, performance, etc. the majority of the North American drivers would probably not be able to drive the car to it's full potential, so it won't really matter how fast and furious the car is, because on speed limited roads, it will just be another turbocharged ricer, with loud exhausts, and gigantic body kits...but in a benz, either you drive fast or slow, you will always be perceived as someone with CLASS. And besides, if Mercedes would chose to build a car that could blow the doors of any ricer car out there, they could easily do so no probs. I think the only real competition Mercedes has is BMW. That is why I own both..nuff said Peace ricer doods!!!!
it's not about the quarter mile. it's about handling. the skyline beats a 997 turbo in a course by 2 seconds. that's impressive. The skyline also gives u enough confidence that u can take a turn at 120 mph with no problems. If u are willing to corner a civic hybrid with a h22 turbo, make sure u inform me first about life insurance. I will put myself as a beneficiary and i myself will pay for the premiums.

What's the real definition of a real ricer? How about buying a Nissan Altima Coupe I4 and placing a GTR emblem on it with a loud exhaust that does nothing but noise pollution. If I drive a Lancer Evolution, does that make me a ricer? Depends. If I put on some 22's bling bling, I think so. If I put on some nice 18" SSRs, a loud turboback exhaust, a loud BOV, a front lip spoiler, i dont really think i am "ricing."

People who buy the GTR is for performance. I dont think anyone is going to buy it to compare its luxurious features with a mercedes or a bmw. the gtr can be compared to a porsche 997 turbo. tha is impressive. how many cars can really be compared to a 997 turbo? Very few for under $100K. Maybe a Lancer Evolution FQ400 but it barely comes close.

Quarter mile times aren't everything. 0-60 times arent anything. It is most likely how confident you are behind the wheel. Of course the numbers help but in the end, it's only you.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 AM

s65AMG, sl500
As said in many of the above posts, the GTR is superior in virtually all dynamic qualities, the only things the C63 will have is two extra doors a little more room in the back and a little better ride.

BUT the GTR will be bought mainly by the time of people that wear hats indoors, says it all really.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
Originally Posted by tsedeng
Wow impressive numbers. Just Like the $8,000 civic hatch with H22 turbo clearing the 1/4 mile in about the same time, or maybe 11.2 secs. At first glance, I thought the red GTR looked like the new Accord. Too bad, with all its power, performance, etc. the majority of the North American drivers would probably not be able to drive the car to it's full potential, so it won't really matter how fast and furious the car is, because on speed limited roads, it will just be another turbocharged ricer, with loud exhausts, and gigantic body kits...but in a benz, either you drive fast or slow, you will always be perceived as someone with CLASS. And besides, if Mercedes would chose to build a car that could blow the doors of any ricer car out there, they could easily do so no probs. I think the only real competition Mercedes has is BMW. That is why I own both..nuff said Peace ricer doods!!!!

It's ironic that the only MB owners who think they got CLASS and think their cars somehow give them extra game are lowliest C240/280 drivers.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:44 PM

Benz E20
i just saw pics of the new GTR, looks real nice and the price is probably going to be cheaper.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:00 PM

SLK 350
Just wait until the old lady next door ask you,

I am sorry! How much did you pay for your Nissan? 90K?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:37 AM

wow... this is the most civilized thread about GTR in all forums...

you guys gotta see the ones in bmw forums lol, 85% of their members are trying so hard to put down this car
Old 01-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 clk55
the GTR may get a little performance boost too. all the gossip i hear is that the new vette zr1 or blue devil or whatever the name it is going to be even more powerful to handedly beat the skyline. 1200-1500hp supra's arent all that rare. skyline will go the same route.

all in all it's crazy what the car manufacturers are doing. 400+hp cars are going to be more and more common.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ihatepotholes
wow... this is the most civilized thread about GTR in all forums...

you guys gotta see the ones in bmw forums lol, 85% of their members are trying so hard to put down this car
Well, at MBWorld, they're just trying to get the discussion moved out of view.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
I don't understand why anyone compares these two vehicles?
The GTR specs are nice but you'll never get your hands on one for even close to list. Whereas the C63 will be at sticker.
I was debating dumping my Cayenne S and buying a GTR as my winter "beater" because they are close in price. Guess what? Every dealer I talked to wanted $25K over sticker. Game over. Move on.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Evo had an interesting comparison between the GTR and the 997TT. They said that the performance on the GTR tails off massively on the hwy after 170mph compared to the 997TT. The P-car hit an indicated 201mph compared to 180mph in the GTR. I know these are not speeds that many will hit but they indicate that the GTR will not be too dominant on the freeways where I spend much of my time.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 PM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
Just can't pass over the "Hamburger" logo...once I can get pass that, GTR will be in my garage.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
I am very much intrigued to see comparisons between the top Porsche tuners and the top Nissan tuners...stock for stock the GTR has been measured against the 997TT, but as any enthusiast knows, the potential of these two titans is merely scratched in OEM trim. Cannot wait to see these cars at their street-legal limits, with a 1000HP GTR placed against a 9ff or RUF Turbo...
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 AM

'02 C32; '02 M5; '08 328i (US)
As much as I loved GT-R, I've grew out of it over the years.. I've had R32 and R33 in the past, they're the perfect toys for me back then when I was young. I'd perfer something more subtle, C63 isn't exactly that, but majority of the people won't know especially my business assoicates sitting comfortably at the back seats. (well... hash ride maybe, but still sitting comfortably haha!)

Most likely, I'll be getting the C63 later on this year, but I don't think I'd even consider the GT-R at my age now if it's going to be the daily driver. It would though make a great weekend or track toy if I ever go to track again LOL

And honestly, Z06 and GT-R are the ONLY sub-4 secs car you can buy at their price region? And prestigeous? There're over 10+ W203 in my parking lots LOL!

They're both great car, don't think you can go wrong with either one of them (or the M3) It all comes down to your personal preferece IMO...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM

C32
Originally Posted by M5CLK
And honestly, Z06 and GT-R are the ONLY sub-4 secs car you can buy at their price region? And prestigeous? There're over 10+ W203 in my parking lots LOL!
You are in Hong Kong, which I believe has the most MBs per capita. Yeah, even the bum picking up plastic bottles on the sidewalk sports a MB.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 PM

72 450SL
I was really close to buying a 997TT. I decided to spend half the money and get the GTR. It will be here in June. There is video proof of a Lamborghini Gallardo SL
beating the snot out of a 997TT. The GTR beats the same Gallardo by 6 1/100 of a second, in a 0-400m. Its a fantastic car.

Last edited by 200onthedash; 02-12-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 AM

2006 CLK350
Originally Posted by ProV1
It's ironic that the only MB owners who think they got CLASS and think their cars somehow give them extra game are lowliest C240/280 drivers.
+1. everyone can keep talking crap about this car. It is better in many ways. Yes, it is a nissan. Who cares? I'm sure the ppl who can afford to buy this car dont really care about "perceived status". At the end of the day people know this is a great car. The market markup is 20-50k. ANYONE willing pay that much more for a c63?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
.........some of the conversation here is part of what gives MB owners a bad rep. Looks like like the GTR is superior to the C63 in every aspect except for the "grey poupon" factor. I am not too naive not to see that the grey poupon factor exists, but I must say that I am suprised by how much it plays a part in our forum. With the GTR, we are talking about a car that lapped the ring at 7.4mins. This is supercar territory which the C63 is definitely not in.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 02-13-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 AM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Why are people even comparing the two? The GTR costs $20k more. And don't spout off about MSRP because you can't buy one even close to list.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by chiphomme
Why are people even comparing the two? The GTR costs $20k more. And don't spout off about MSRP because you can't buy one even close to list.
Some people are doing exactly that. Nissan NA will not give a second supply to dealers that gouge.

Anyhow, two very different cars. GTR is better handling and quicker everywhere but the freeway, but the C63 can seat five and will garner less attention.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:13 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Some people are doing exactly that. Nissan NA will not give a second supply to dealers that gouge.

Anyhow, two very different cars. GTR is better handling and quicker everywhere but the freeway, but the C63 can seat five and will garner less attention.

I hope that's true because I was going to buy one as a winter beater and checked with three seperate dealers and every one of them wanted $25k over list.
For that cash I'll put a deposit down on a GT3 and wait because my Porsche/Mercedes dealer doesn't gouge.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by chiphomme
I hope that's true because I was going to buy one as a winter beater and checked with three seperate dealers and every one of them wanted $25k over list.
For that cash I'll put a deposit down on a GT3 and wait because my Porsche/Mercedes dealer doesn't gouge.
I fully agree with your line of thinking that an extra $25k makes it a very poor buy. Not to mention the principal of never paying one cent more than MSRP. If you are prepared to wait and don't have to have the first one in town then prices will return to their rightful level. They always do.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
I fully agree with your line of thinking that an extra $25k makes it a very poor buy. Not to mention the principal of never paying one cent more than MSRP. If you are prepared to wait and don't have to have the first one in town then prices will return to their rightful level. They always do.
Exactly, and I would definitely get this markup in writing so you can put said stealerships in a sling with Nissan Corporate. They're not going to accept this kind of crap.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Exactly, and I would definitely get this markup in writing so you can put said stealerships in a sling with Nissan Corporate. They're not going to accept this kind of crap.
Been there, done that. Nissan NA doesn't give a s***. Just like the Shelby GT500, SL65, and C6 Z06, these cars will come down to MSRP once the hype dies down.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Been there, done that. Nissan NA doesn't give a s***. Just like the Shelby GT500, SL65, and C6 Z06, these cars will come down to MSRP once the hype dies down.
You are probably correct, Nissan will not care what their dealers charge, however remember about a year ago when Saturn came out with the Sky roadsters and the dealers where marking them up $5000.00 over MSRP? Well, GM DID come down on several dealerships for marking these cars up because the " Saturn Mission Statement" states a "no hagle" "you pay window sticker" marketing tactic. GM made several dealerships refund all of or a portion of the " add-on profit" to customers. This lead to lawsuites being filed by dealerships against GM as well as by cutomers against the dealerships, Saturn and GM. I have not heard what has been going on with these cases in several months.

It's called dealer greed...try to trade-in a GTR 2 weeks after you buy it, even if you get one of the first ones, I promise they will give you about $15,000 under MSRP or $40,000 under the MSRP + $25K premium mark-up they charged you in the first place.

The only way to curb this is to not buy from these kinds of dealers, but they know somebody will pay it, so that's why they can get away with it. I have never paid over MSRP for any car or motorcycle I have ever owned. There are dealers out there that choose not to rape their customers in hopes of earning a long term, lifetime customer. I am getting one of the first ZR1 this summer/fall, I am paying MSRP for it, sure they could sell it to the next guy for a $20,000 premium but they know I buy A LOT of cars and trucks for myself and my business, so why screw me, when they can keep me happy????
Old 02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by jrcart
You are probably correct, Nissan will not care what their dealers charge, however remember about a year ago when Saturn came out with the Sky roadsters and the dealers where marking them up $5000.00 over MSRP? Well, GM DID come down on several dealerships for marking these cars up because the " Saturn Mission Statement" states a "no hagle" "you pay window sticker" marketing tactic. GM made several dealerships refund all of or a portion of the " add-on profit" to customers. This lead to lawsuites being filed by dealerships against GM as well as by cutomers against the dealerships, Saturn and GM. I have not heard what has been going on with these cases in several months.

It's called dealer greed...try to trade-in a GTR 2 weeks after you buy it, even if you get one of the first ones, I promise they will give you about $15,000 under MSRP or $40,000 under the MSRP + $25K premium mark-up they charged you in the first place.

The only way to curb this is to not buy from these kinds of dealers, but they know somebody will pay it, so that's why they can get away with it. I have never paid over MSRP for any car or motorcycle I have ever owned. There are dealers out there that choose not to rape their customers in hopes of earning a long term, lifetime customer. I am getting one of the first ZR1 this summer/fall, I am paying MSRP for it, sure they could sell it to the next guy for a $20,000 premium but they know I buy A LOT of cars and trucks for myself and my business, so why screw me, when they can keep me happy????

That's awesome man. It sounds like an incredible machine, and its more civilized than I thought it would be. Congrats. I'm waiting for the write-up once you get it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs C63?