C63 Comfort, Sport or Manual Setting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing
C63 Comfort, Sport or Manual Setting

Hi All,

Just read an interesting review from motortorque.com (http://motortorque.askaprice.com/rev...ate-review.asp).
In the review it states that transmission modes between Comfort and Sport also changes the suspension and steering response ?!?

I haven't come across this is any other review and was wondering if this factual ?...

cheers
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 AM

08 CLS63
Originally Posted by batrax
Hi All,

Just read an interesting review from motortorque.com (http://motortorque.askaprice.com/rev...ate-review.asp).
In the review it states that transmission modes between Comfort and Sport also changes the suspension and steering response ?!?

I haven't come across this is any other review and was wondering if this factual ?...

cheers

Interesting find. If that is true, then I'm wondering if in other auto reviews, they put it on sport mode without knowing it stiffens the suspension and therefore claimed the ride to be too stiff... That was the main deal breaker for me and I put a deposit on the new M3. I think I'm having doubts again!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Yes its true. Its the same for my CL63. Comfort makes it feel like a Lexus, Sport makes it feel like a BMW. Quite fun actually.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Hi All,

cheers
Awesome find, I"m glad MB are adding the feature for the C63
Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
Completely false. There is NOTHING in the official press release that says this. The S/C/M button only controls the speed with which the transmission shifts, the shift points for various gears, and allows for true "manual" selection in M mode.

The C63 does NOT have adjustable suspension or dampers.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
Completely false. There is NOTHING in the official press release that says this. The S/C/M button only controls the speed with which the transmission shifts, the shift points for various gears, and allows for true "manual" selection in M mode.

The C63 does NOT have adjustable suspension or dampers.
It has advanced agility control. This allows for a driver selectable suspension setup. And trust me, the new cars S/CL/ and even C class with Advanced Agility Control are integrated with the S/C/M button.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
There is nothing in the press releases or anything from magazines which have reviewed the C63 indicating there is any form of "adjustable" suspension in the C63. Conversely, it is clearly written in the M3 press releases and in magazines about the wonders of the adjustable dampers in the M3.

I realize the S/CL and E-class cars have adjustable susepnsion (either with ABC or airmatic), and it is linked in the newer AMG models with the S/C/M button......but I haven't seen anything in the literature to support that for the C63. If anything I remember AMG saying a while ago they deciced against offering the C63 adjustable suspension to contain costs.

If I'm wrong, then good for MB and potential C63 customers......but I doubt I'm wrong.....

Trending Topics

Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Adjustable suspension is superb. It transformed the 997 GT3 into a useable everyday proposition while not diminishing its track prowess. Hitting mid corner bumps on rough pavement in my S4, like the 996 GT3, saw a jump and resultant lack of control and confidence.

Do I want to coast over the road like in a 7 (not quite but you get my point) or literally feel every element of the surface. With Comfort, Normal and Sport on the EDC it just depends on my mood. The differences between the three settings is marked.

Last edited by Carl Lassiter; 02-26-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM

sl 63
Hi All,

cheers
Have you looked at the date of the article ? It says 07 October 2007 ! They tested one of the preproduction cars which actually had adjustable dampers. This was the original design. But then some (very stupid) Amg folks decided that they weren't necessary. Not even as an option ! So i decided that i will buy the M3 sedan instead of the C63 Amg. A Mercedes that rides like a rock ? No thanks. This is actually very funny when you think about it: buying a bimmer instead of a mercedes because of CONFORT issues

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
It has advanced agility control. This allows for a driver selectable suspension setup. And trust me, the new cars S/CL/ and even C class with Advanced Agility Control are integrated with the S/C/M button.
No it has not. Only the normal C-class has it not the C63 AMG ! And that's a real shame because many clients who innitialy wanted to buy this car will buy the M3 with EDC instead. Talk aboust poor marketing decisions..
Old 05-03-2008, 04:06 PM

'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
If you look at the C63 configurator on the Canadian site it says "AGILITY CONTROL steering, suspension and selective damping"

I was convinced that the C63 suspension is fixed - still am. Anyone know to the contrary? is this just a website mistake? Thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by 2009c63soon
If you look at the C63 configurator on the Canadian site it says "AGILITY CONTROL steering, suspension and selective damping"

I was convinced that the C63 suspension is fixed - still am. Anyone know to the contrary? is this just a website mistake? Thanks
The Canadian website is correct. You are missing one important word. "ADVANCED".

Here are the two official descriptions.

1) AGILITY CONTROL has selective damping, which controls the shock absorber forces according to the driving situation. It uses hydromechanics (rather than complicated electronics) to offer soft damping when low suspension forces are at work, when driving along a straight road, for example and much firmer damping action when high forces are applied; for example, when cornering or taking avoiding action.

2) Mercedes-Benz has also developed the ADVANCED AGILITY CONTROL package with a “sporty” driving mode. This offers the driver a choice of two gearshift programmes: Sport and Comfort. Within these programmes the shock absorber for each wheel has infinitely variable electronic control.

I hope this helps the issue.