C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Performance Package Question

Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Performance Package Question

after looking for a c55, i now find myself on the list for an April build for a new c63... but regarding this performance package; i have seen it on the e63 and it is near a $7k option. i don't plan to track the car enough to justify that price (for me), any thoughts from people more knowledgeable than i? it'll be a daily driver, so i'm still thinking it over. the new pricing release makes this car very attractive.

one thing i will say, the c55's gas mileage looks better for commuter days.

thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 01:23 PM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
Originally Posted by etowns!
after looking for a c55, i now find myself on the list for an April build for a new c63... but regarding this performance package; i have seen it on the e63 and it is near a $7k option. i don't plan to track the car enough to justify that price (for me), any thoughts from people more knowledgeable than i? it'll be a daily driver, so i'm still thinking it over. the new pricing release makes this car very attractive.

thanks
Judging from the vids that I've seen, the PP is a must have. The C63 looks uncontrollable and anything that will help handling is needed.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
How much are they giving you the C63 for?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:59 PM

thanks
I would guess more in the 4.5K-5.5K range. To some degree the packages are priced at what the market will tolerate and on a car with a base under 55K, MBUSA has to be care full not to price it out of range.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Almost a Member!

C63
more thoughts

after a bit of research at mbusa, the performance pack for the e63 is $8500. i agree it may be cheaper for the c, and that the car needs an lsd, but still, the package seems quite high to me (maybe I'm wrong)....thus, for the 95% of the time i am driving the car, do i really need the package? I will say, the "aesthetic" aspect of the package is nice and I'd like to think i have the skills to push this car to its limits, but lets be real here, just because i have the car and have it on the track doesnt make me a full fledged dtm driver. (I've seen too many people think they are more talented than they really are on a race track).

instinct tells me, if you have to ask, you don't need it. like i said, I'm just interested in the opinion of those in the know that are more familiar with the package than i.

thanks again for any and all comments.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:20 AM

after a bit of research at mbusa, the performance pack for the e63 is $8500. i agree it may be cheaper for the c, and that the car needs an lsd, but still, the package seems quite high to me (maybe I'm wrong)....thus, for the 95% of the time i am driving the car, do i really need the package? I will say, the "aesthetic" aspect of the package is nice and I'd like to think i have the skills to push this car to its limits, but lets be real here, just because i have the car and have it on the track doesnt make me a full fledged dtm driver. (I've seen too many people think they are more talented than they really are on a race track).

instinct tells me, if you have to ask, you don't need it. like i said, I'm just interested in the opinion of those in the know that are more familiar with the package than i.

thanks again for any and all comments.
I just posted a reply similar to this one on another thread.

I would like to have an AMG with all the bells and whistles but I really don't need the PP package.

1. I will probably never drive the car faster then 155mph
2. For the amount of track time the car will see I really don't need the LSD.
3. I like the 18" wheels better than the 19" wheels
4. I don't need that extra braking power because again It wont see much track time.
5. No gain in hp.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:22 AM

AMG
Stiffer/lower suspension?

Does anyone know for sure if the PP will come with a stiffer/lower suspension setup?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
PP will also help a lot with traction in inclement weather. (not that it matters much to the OP lucky devil living in LA).
Old 02-27-2008, 10:22 AM

TL
Besides LSD, brakes..etc., does PP include anything in terms of different bodykit...etc?

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by IwantA124
I

1. I will probably never drive the car faster then 155mph
You just might. With that much power it gets their mighty fast. Also, knowing you can with cars can be nice. That's why I'm thinking of adding an LX570, luxury and fantastic off road ability even though 99 percent will be city driving.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:48 PM

Here is what the P30 package provides:

This P30 Performance Package will start with Model Year 2009 with June 2008 production and will include an Alcantara steering wheel, 186 mph top speed (up from 155 mph), compound front brakes and a limited-slip differential for $3900 MSRP.