C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Motortrend: M3 sedan vs C63 vs IS-F

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by PatSC23
I had the E46 M3 with SMG...loved the car and I miss it, but this time around its the C63 for me definitey

Im not big into track times as mine will never touch a track, so the lap times dont mean that much to me...to me, the C63 was just done right, front to back, inside and out...I cant stand the tail lights on the M3 sedan, but i want the 4 doors, IMO the interior wins hands down on the c63 as well...for me, it was a tough call as I still have some loyalty to BMW since I loved the M3, so it did come down to the minor cosmetic differences, performace wise I dont think you can lose with either cars...

as for the Lexus IS-F, the tailpipes are weird and the puffy seats just dont look aggressive enough

plus, I think BMW service sux, my car went in at least 7 times for an SMG fault they could never fix. i ended up using 3 different dealer, none of which would give me a loaner since i did not buy the car there. from what I hear, MB will even pick u up!

thats just my 2 cents

Wow thats strange. I have had really good luck with BMW service.
I think they're the best German company in after sales experience.
And I believe the other German car makers are being penny wise and pound foolish by not having the same free maintenance BMW does up to 50000 miles.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I noticed that the C63 model they use does not have the P30 Performance package. I'd think that it would perform a hell of a lot better if it had it? What say u?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by chiphomme
Wow thats strange. I have had really good luck with BMW service.
I think they're the best German company in after sales experience.
And I believe the other German car makers are being penny wise and pound foolish by not having the same free maintenance BMW does up to 50000 miles.

i agree the "free" maintenance is great on bmw's, they even cover brakes one time...i just had very bad luck i guess...

the loaner thing kills me
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 AM

C32
Originally Posted by Schiznick
It would certainly be a monumental step up from your C32.

What were you expecting?
No $****. It's been 4 years for crying out loud

It's been amazing how much better handling the car is supposed to be. Well, it's not.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:43 AM

C32
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
I noticed that the C63 model they use does not have the P30 Performance package. I'd think that it would perform a hell of a lot better if it had it? What say u?
Better at least. When Clarkson drove it on Top Gear he felt the car was a bit unbalanced, which an LSD would not help. It would make the car much more drivable at the corners however.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:09 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by PatSC23
i agree the "free" maintenance is great on bmw's, they even cover brakes one time...i just had very bad luck i guess...

the loaner thing kills me

Yeah the loaner issue it pathetic. Again I haven't had that issue. Though, when my M6 motor failed they gave me a freakin 328xi as a loaner (which lasted a month).
Old 03-26-2008, 03:09 PM
DNJ

CLS 63 AMG (previously) looking for another AMG
Smile

Originally Posted by Bilal
Time and time and time again....

FACT: M3 is faster around ANY track than the C63.

FACT: Different people buy different cars based on their different needs.

FACT: I personally prefer the C63 to the M3.

FACT: No one doubts that magazines prefer the M3 over the C63 any day of the week. (Psst...none of us care what they think, because its our money that buys these cars.)

Why is it so damn hard for people to comprehend that no-one cares whether the M3 is faster around a track than the C63. I swear, the complete mountain-out-of-a-molehill-type exaggerated differences in lap times based on seconds is somehow supposed to convince the average buyer to suddenly reconsider their purchasing decision. Why don't you buy the M3 instead of convincing an entire "MB" forum that one of the most praised AMG cars in history is such a bad buy?

Lexus ISF? Don't even get me started...

I hate to say it, but it's always the owners of the outgoing model that have to simply convince the rest of us that the new model of their car sucks - hmmm, I wonder why? It's the same thing over in the SL63 forum - SL55 owners trying to convince the rest of us how ugly the new SL looks or how inferior the new SL63 is - here's an idea - why don't you let the rest of us decide?

The newer model of any car is generally better than its predecessor.

Now, I'm not generally the argumentative and belligerent type of person, but enough is enough!

Good grief man!
Very well said!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
PUT DECENT ****EN TIRES ON THIS HEAVY ****EN CAR! AT LEAST PUT SAME TIRES AS ON M3! I'm so disspaointed with AMG for putting such a slim tires on such a heavy car!!! I bet it would do better on track!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
C63 is going to do some damage to the Munich companies market share. It is funny that the BMW guys think the 335 is better than the M3 and I run with the 335 guys alot. They have never advocated this new M3 as much as members here qoute mag tests. The C63 is a C class vehicle that certainly when compared to the model it replaces has some advantages. CLK BS dismantled the M6 on the track and all we heard was crying "why compare the M6 to the BS, thats should be ths CSl" blah blah blah blah blah.. At least use a p30 equipped vehicle for a track test for crying out loud.

C63 is a good value and will do very well against the M3 in towns all accross the USA
Old 04-14-2008, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
No but how do you expect such heavy car to perform well on such tiny tires? Take any heavy BMW car and it uses WIDE rubber. CLK BS wide, M6 WIDE, M5 WIDE, C63 for some ODD reason 235 and 255 WHY?

MARKETING. My guess is that it would out handle all other AMG vehicles?

I'm gonna try and put as wide as i can, 255 front 275/85 rear would circle around any m3.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Bilal
Time and time and time again....

FACT: M3 is faster around ANY track than the C63.

FACT: Different people buy different cars based on their different needs.

FACT: I personally prefer the C63 to the M3.

FACT: No one doubts that magazines prefer the M3 over the C63 any day of the week. (Psst...none of us care what they think, because its our money that buys these cars.)

Why is it so damn hard for people to comprehend that no-one cares whether the M3 is faster around a track than the C63. I swear, the complete mountain-out-of-a-molehill-type exaggerated differences in lap times based on seconds is somehow supposed to convince the average buyer to suddenly reconsider their purchasing decision. Why don't you buy the M3 instead of convincing an entire "MB" forum that one of the most praised AMG cars in history is such a bad buy?

Lexus ISF? Don't even get me started...

I hate to say it, but it's always the owners of the outgoing model that have to simply convince the rest of us that the new model of their car sucks - hmmm, I wonder why? It's the same thing over in the SL63 forum - SL55 owners trying to convince the rest of us how ugly the new SL looks or how inferior the new SL63 is - here's an idea - why don't you let the rest of us decide?

The newer model of any car is generally better than its predecessor.

Now, I'm not generally the argumentative and belligerent type of person, but enough is enough!

Good grief man!
+1
Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 AM

'02 C32; '02 M5; '08 328i (US)
If track time is all you care, shouldn't GT-R > M3+C63+IS-F?? Plus judging from past gens, GT-R should be as reliable as a Lexus too.