Sponsored by:

cheap interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M5, 08' C300, 02' WRX
Most people who is in the market for C63 would be more performance oriented than luxury-oriented... if I was heading up MB NA Marketing, I would focus on the performance aspect of the product and luxury package as optional. In the end, looking at the different performance test, looks like that C63 is on top of their competitors.

If you think MB is cutting corners in the interior, their not the only one... Since we can't really compare the C63 with E90 M3 yet... I will use this as a comparison... Before I purchased the C300 4matics, I was close in buying a 328xi... with similar option, they both are priced at the same ball park... The leather instead of leatherette will cost $$$$ extra... so in essence, MB is offering a similar pricing with the same option to remain competitive in the market... now it is up to us consumer to pick which products suits you best... keep in mind, C series is the lower end model for MB, we can't expect too much from it...(I noticed most of you who posted owns CL or CLS or AMG models)
Old 04-03-2008, 03:28 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by extassy
Most people who is in the market for C63 would be more performance oriented than luxury-oriented... if I was heading up MB NA Marketing, I would focus on the performance aspect of the product and luxury package as optional.
I don't agree with this statement! If I go to MB for a performance car, then I expect to get a luxury car too... hence the fact I went to MB and not Ford.

According to you, if all I wanted is performance and don't care about luxury, then I should add the mustang 500, Charger SRT, MAGNUM with hemi, bmw and Cadillac ahem ahem to the pool of options! Yeah…sure!

Last edited by STLTH_AMG; 04-04-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=STLTH_AMG;2745763]
Most people who is in the market for C63 would be more performance oriented than luxury-oriented... if I was heading up MB NA Marketing, I would focus on the performance aspect of the product and luxury package as optional. QUOTE]

I don't agree with this statement! If I go to MB for a performance car, then I expect to get a luxury car too... hence the fact I went to MB and not Ford.

According to you, if all I wanted is performance and don't care about luxury, then I should add the mustang 500, Charger SRT, MAGNUM with hemi, bmw and Cadillac ahem ahem to the pool of options! Yeah…sure!
+1000 MBenz AMG are high powered LUXURY cars not sports cars.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
[QUOTE=jonmartin;2745845]
Originally Posted by STLTH_AMG

+1000 MBenz AMG are high powered LUXURY cars not sports cars.
+1001

Which is why I bought a C55 in the first place. The M3 was TOO sporty for me actually.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Why laughed at?
I think my post made reasonably clear the answer to that question.

As for the rest of your post, I see your point but I think you miss mine; at any rate, you may understand what I'm saying too, but we are talking about two different aspects of the same thing. Your persistence with the "apples and oranges" meme is only evidence of this.

I think the C63 fits in well with the new M3 and Audi RS4, Lexus ISf and whoever else is bringing a stock sedan with a big engine to the party. It's not difficult to see that these mfr's are taking a huge premium for the engine alone, since they do very little else to enhance the driving experience (specifically the interior materials and quality) over that of the stock base model of what are in each of the foregoing cases the low-line entry-level bread 'n butter cars in their line-ups.

They started it with the 500E in '92, which was what, about $80k compared to $30 or so for a 300E? I suppose this is something that has always been thus, so I'm just pissing in the wind!

OT, why is it that an Alcantara steering wheel makes a car feel more luxurious?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:08 AM

06 C55
dash

I hate hate hate the dash on the new C's.

There is no comparision between the sporty dash on the C55 and the new C.

I would love to have the C63 for the motor, but honeslty....I won't be trading the C55 for a C63.

If / when it comes time to sell the C55, I'll be looking back to Audi / BMW. RS4, RS5, or M3.

Which...is sad....because I think the C55 is a wonderful car. It's not a reflection of what I'd be leaving, it is more of a reflection of what I would be going into.

I just can't take the new C looks - inside and out.

Makes me kind of sad.....because I wanted to love the C63 as much as my C55
Old 04-04-2008, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I am not even asking for a leather dash in the C63. I just want a plastic that is more comprable to what was used in the W203 or any other Mercedes sedans (S-Class/E-Class). The new plastic has a strange scratcy feel and a bad sheen which is amplified because of the black dash it is more reflective. This reflectiveness and texture are what make the interior cheap to me. Oh and I wouldn't mind another piece of wood on the dash, perhaps over the glovebox. Other than that, it isn't that bad.

Someone mentioned the headliners. I like how Mercedes used to use all grey headliners, I think it looked great against a black interior. I really dislike the all Black headliners in the sport models of the C-Class...I think it looks too claustrophobic.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
I've sat in a C63 and can say, it's way more sport than luxury. It's got the luxury pieces there, but the seats are straight out of a race car.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Almost a Member!

My point was if you are looking for just luxury and not performance you can settle for a non-AMG cars... if you are looking for added performance (performance oriented) then as car enthusiast, one would go for the AMG models... and again not a pure sports car... rather a high performance, high powered, luxury sport sedan.....

as I said earlier... people in this market tend to be more performance oriented rather than those who would be happy with the non performance-oriented but still luxurious C300 or E350 or CLK350 etc ... u get the drift...

but hey... what do I know right?
I am personally happy with my C300 4-matics, it is a great commuter car and winter car, I personally don't think that it look cheap just like its big brother the C63 has been perceived by most posters on this thread... Or maybe I have made a mistake for choosing a MB and should have stuck with BMW?

One last point of view... I have worked very hard to be able to earned all the cars I had and currently have... I remember the day when my father gave me a 1977 VW Combi (Bus) to learn how to drive, then a 1976 Peugeot and ended up with a 1980 Corolla in High School (This was in the early 90's)... And now... that I can afford "luxury" cars, it is impossible for me to call a Mercedes or BMW cheap looking... cause I fwould find myself to be very arrogant and narrow minded to make such comments... Maybe I'm wrong to think that way... but either way I'm very grateful and I feel blessed to be able to drive the cars I have today... Peace out!!! have fun with your cars and be careful out there on the road
Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 AM

'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
W204 interior upgrades

My '09 C63 is arriving in July and I've been looking into interior upgrades.

Brabus have a leather kit for the dash, center console, armrest and doors. this would give all that want it the premium interior feel. It's ~$5,000 but i think you have to get the interior stripped down and parts shipped to germany for the fitting - likely to lose use of the car for a few weeks. Do a google search on the Brabus c63 bullit and you'll see some pics. CEC wheels has a US price list. Here in NY, there is a local distributor, AI Design, that will do the work. They also offer there own interiors too. You get to pick anything you want, including contrast stitching etc. Waiting to here the price. Will let you all know.

I do have to say this, sitting in a C350 sport yesterday, even the stock interior (and the AMG will be better than that) felt pretty good. I have a loaded BMW 550 sport right now and it felt old fashioned after sitting in the C. I might even keep my c63 interior stock. sahara beige leather, black wood -think it'll be pretty nice..
Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 AM

C63, SLK55
My point was if you are looking for just luxury and not performance you can settle for a non-AMG cars... if you are looking for added performance (performance oriented) then as car enthusiast, one would go for the AMG models... and again not a pure sports car... rather a high performance, high powered, luxury sport sedan.....

as I said earlier... people in this market tend to be more performance oriented rather than those who would be happy with the non performance-oriented but still luxurious C300 or E350 or CLK350 etc ... u get the drift...

but hey... what do I know right?
I am personally happy with my C300 4-matics, it is a great commuter car and winter car, I personally don't think that it look cheap just like its big brother the C63 has been perceived by most posters on this thread... Or maybe I have made a mistake for choosing a MB and should have stuck with BMW?

One last point of view... I have worked very hard to be able to earned all the cars I had and currently have... I remember the day when my father gave me a 1977 VW Combi (Bus) to learn how to drive, then a 1976 Peugeot and ended up with a 1980 Corolla in High School (This was in the early 90's)... And now... that I can afford "luxury" cars, it is impossible for me to call a Mercedes or BMW cheap looking... cause I fwould find myself to be very arrogant and narrow minded to make such comments... Maybe I'm wrong to think that way... but either way I'm very grateful and I feel blessed to be able to drive the cars I have today... Peace out!!! have fun with your cars and be careful out there on the road

NO! I'm still not going to buy it!! lol. I want both, performance and luxury and that's that! if I can't find it in the C then show me what's next. so you're trying to convince me that there is no such thing as luxury and performance??, are you an MB salesman or someone affiliated with their sales?? lol. just joking.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by STLTH_AMG
NO! I'm still not going to buy it!! lol. I want both, performance and luxury and that's that! if I can't find it in the C then show me what's next. so you're trying to convince me that there is no such thing as luxury and performance??, are you an MB salesman or someone affiliated with their sales?? lol. just joking.
LOL... get the S63 or CLS63... or even better the S65

Offcourse there is such thing as luxury and performance but they are also at much higher premium...

Hahaha... do I really sound like an MB salesman? I just bought my 1st Mercedes 4 days ago...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM

Offcourse there is such thing as luxury and performance but they are also at much higher premium...
But that's the rub. It doesn't have to be that way. I think the W204 exterior is really nice, but the interior doesn't do it justice. When you then pay the premium for the C63, it's frankly criminal. The lack of attention and pride to the W204 interior undermines the huge potential of the W204.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM

C63, SLK55

Hahaha... do I really sound like an MB salesman? I just bought my 1st Mercedes 4 days ago...
Yes you do sound like one, you're trying too hard to convince me that the cheap interior is fine lol. I said show me whats next already. lol