C63 at Wachovia Championship In Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG
C63 at Wachovia Championship In Charlotte, NC

Good Afternoon,

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a c63 at the Wachovia Championship in Charlotte, NC at Quail Hollow Golf Course. Beck Imports has a tent of cars adjacent to the golf course and is letting spectators sit in the car, as well as actually start it. Just wanted to let the local people know, because there has not been a c63 that has been available to check out in the Charlotte area MB dealerships. Pictures attached - the color is pladium silver. ( trying to upload pics?)

P.S- My Dad is 6'5 250 and sat in the car, and didn't have a problem with the seats at all. He said they were quite comfortable.

Last edited by KeayNATOR; 05-02-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Just so you know, that is not Beck's car....and that is not Beck's tent....it is actually MB corporate's tent and they (MB) supplied the cars.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:31 PM

None yet
I will be traveling to Charlotte tomorrow
and would like to stop by...is it difficult to go check out the car without getting wrapped up in the tournament? Or could I easily drop by?
Thanks
Old 05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
Just so you know, that is not Beck's car....and that is not Beck's tent....it is actually MB corporate's tent and they (MB) supplied the cars.
I went there last year and saw many nice cars.. SLRs, SL65s, Bachs, etc etc...
Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 PM

CLS 55 AMG
OK, if you want to get critical and picky.. that's a-ok. My salesman who is selling me my c63 (from beck) was hosting the tent and was in charge of answering questions regarding the cars. I learned this afternoon the the c63 is actually owned by South Charlotte MB in Pineville, they will receive the car Monday and I am going in to test Tuesday Morning. All of the cars that are on display in the tent will be going to South Charlotte MB. This is what I was told my MB of South Charlotte, So I am neither wrong nor right because I got the information from someone else.

On another note, it is very hard just to stop by and see that cars. You need to get tickets for the tournament and find parking which is usually miles and miles away from the actual location of the championship.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 AM

None yet
Thanks KeayNATOR...heading out to Charlotte and will not attempt to visit the tournament just to see the car. My dealer here in Winston claims he has no info on options and specs for ordering, sounds like I need a new sales guy after seeing all of these people ordering! Was really wishing to drive one first prior to ordering.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Originally Posted by KeayNATOR
OK, if you want to get critical and picky.. that's a-ok. My salesman who is selling me my c63 (from beck) was hosting the tent and was in charge of answering questions regarding the cars. I learned this afternoon the the c63 is actually owned by South Charlotte MB in Pineville, they will receive the car Monday and I am going in to test Tuesday Morning. All of the cars that are on display in the tent will be going to South Charlotte MB. This is what I was told my MB of South Charlotte, So I am neither wrong nor right because I got the information from someone else.

On another note, it is very hard just to stop by and see that cars. You need to get tickets for the tournament and find parking which is usually miles and miles away from the actual location of the championship.
Not trying to get nit-picky, just wanted the correct information to be conveyed. The C63 and the CLK63 will go to MB South Charlotte (as far as I know). The SL63 is going to Beck's (as far as I know). Congrats on your C63order, I can definitely vouch for them as they are animals.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:32 PM

CLS 55 AMG
Bandit- if you want to test drive the c63, the car that is at the Wachovia Championship will be at MB (South Charlotte) on Tuesday. I am going to test drive the car that day due to the fact that I want to see what it is like before purchase a c63. I will give you the salesman's contact info if you would like to travel down to test drive the c63 - one let down though - this care doesn't have NAV
Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
No Nav????? Who would spec a car these days without it. Even if you did not need it the resale would be tougher. Once you have a car with Nav you never go back.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:44 PM

CLS 55 AMG
Exactly my thinking as well!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I was just there on biz and staying at the marriott that MB and players families were. I saw a ton of MB's in the lot and thought "wow thatd be funny if a c63 is here", didnt think anything of it. I missed it obviously...damnit!