C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock GT-R 'Ring time down to 7 min. 29 sec.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Post Stock GT-R 'Ring time down to 7 min. 29 sec.

"The lap times were recorded on April 16 and 17 and were for a stock-standard base specification GT-R fitted with the same Japanese market tires as the cars in showrooms."

Nissan has made some last second tweaks to the stock GT-R that supposedly makes it even handle better and faster than the one we all read about last month. U.S. Spec cars will have these tweaks also.

Holy crap so when people said the V-Spec will get it down to 7 min. 20 sec. or less they weren't kidding!

Road and Track magazine this month says the V-Spec will hit 60 MPH in 3 seconds flat even in bad weather! In nice dry weather they said it could dip into the low 2's!!!!! Thats insane.... and it means that it'll be solidly faster than a CLK Black Series, Porsche GT2, F430 Scuderia, SL63 or SL65, etc.. It will be interesting to see what ECU/Exhaust upgrades will do to the V-Spec.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...29s/#more-5671

Last edited by SL65amg; 05-06-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by SL65amg
"The lap times were recorded on April 16 and 17 and were for a stock-standard base specification GT-R fitted with the same Japanese market tires as the cars in showrooms."

Nissan has made some last second tweaks to the stock GT-R that supposedly makes it even handle better and faster than the one we all read about last month. U.S. Spec cars will have these tweaks also.

Holy crap so when people said the V-Spec will get it down to 7 min. 20 sec. or less they weren't kidding!

Road and Track magazine this month says the V-Spec will hit 60 MPH in 3 seconds flat even in bad weather! In nice dry weather they said it could dip into the low 2's!!!!! Thats insane.... and it means that it'll be solidly faster than a CLK Black Series, Porsche GT2, F430 Scuderia, SL63 or SL65, etc.. It will be interesting to see what ECU/Exhaust upgrades will do to the V-Spec.

.........mmmmmmmmmm. This may be the only non-mercedes car that I'll own. The car makes sense on so many levels from an enthusiast's point of view.

Ted
Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.........mmmmmmmmmm. This may be the only non-mercedes car that I'll own. The car makes sense on so many levels from an enthusiast's point of view.

Ted
Its the greatest buy for the money!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:31 PM

2005 MB E500
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin

Ted
Great performance and good value. I would buy it...eventhough it not a MB...
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Unreal performance. Asking wife now if I can unload the E55 for this...fingers crossed.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:30 AM

Question correction....

2 things...

e55 baller: Are you going to get the V-Spec or regular GT-R? Or wait 2 years and get the super-steroid V-Spec "Evo"?

Also: Correction from my original post... Road And Track Magazine said the V-Spec should go 0 to 60 MPH in the high 2 second range in good dry weather, not low 2's.... that's still sick wicked fast though... and thats before some of you guys do some choice mods to the V-Spec to get it even faster.... A chipped V-Spec will truly be a baby Veyron like others have said... and all for around $120,000.

Interesting question for us all to ponder: A Chipped V-Spec against a ZR-1: Who will prevail? Straightline and on the twisties.....?

Last edited by SL65amg; 05-07-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:50 PM

Question ?

?

Trending Topics

Old 05-09-2008, 03:14 AM

Post Stock GT-R hits 60 MPH in 3.2 seconds in latest Motor Trend

A stock GT-R hit 60 MPH in 3.2 seconds in the latest Motor Trend magazine issue. Good Lord...... The V-Spec will surely hit it in 2.9 as Road and Track is forecasting then.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
A chipped V-Spec will truly be a baby Veyron like others have said... and all for around $120,000.
This is an absolutely incredible car, no question. The V-Spec should be even better.

The ONLY thing I don't care for is Nissan's attempts to take "big brother" to a whole new level. I read that (at least on the Japan-spec model) the car's computer is sophisticated enough that the speed limiter stays in place until the car's GPS recognizes the location as a Nissan-approved track, where it shuts off. And simply changing wheels makes the car go into limp-mode, because of the proprietary design of the TPMS in the valve stems (IIRC). Also, allegedly Nissan dealers will be able to tell if you've done any changes to the car's ECU, and if so "poof" there goes the warranty. I'm sure, in time, the big tuners (Mine's, HKS, Blitz, Greddy, etc.) will figure out how to unlock lots of excess power from the R35, but I just don't get the "mod-unfriendly" attitude from the manufacturer...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 AM

08 e90 m3/09 c63/ 06 cls55 /
c32Amg-DTM

The GTR's GPS based speed limiter is only utilized in Asia as the US spec will not have the speed limiter in place. With that being said companies like Amuse, Mines have already cracked the ECU with just upping the boost and popping on an exaust they have their slightly modified GTR pumping out 620 hp already. Of course who knows how long the transmission will hold up since I don't think it's meant to stand up to those power levels.

example of the amuse GTR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyME0t3ZAeM

Locally Cobb is also working closely with the GTR for a series of mods.

Also, anyone familiar with the piggyback systems off the Subarus, Bmw335i and Evo's would be able to get around the ecu history. My 02 wrx had the same thing, the service mechanics could tell how fast you've been going but with a proper piggyback system like Procede from Vishnu the installation and uninstall take less than 20 minutes and no one would be the wiser. Also, any manufacturer would void the warranty if they found out you modified the ECU, but with a proper piggyback system as I mentioned earlier that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the mod unfriendly attitude, its probably to do with the fact that 1) the creator of the GTR believes that the car is set up perfectly from the factory as it has been extensively tested and tweaked on the track. If anyone's played GTA IV they did have a funny quote about modifying cars
pretty much something to the effect of after top engineers spend millions tweaking and perfecting a supercar you can take it to slap on some chrome wheels and get tuned by some back alley mechanic on the east side. K not that funny anymore, but you get the idea.

Also, I'm sure nissan doesn't want abominations like the riced out cars of yesteryear. They want to maintain a more respectable image with the GTR, instead of having it appear as a Hoon-mobile. Thankfully, the garish unpainted kits and ghetto lambo doors are less prevalent these days. Of course, I'm sure their pricing will also help reduce the tasteless mods.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

Low 2s for a V spec is Bugatti terrortory so would like to see it go up against that Titan in a straightline as the many others that have failed at that attempt...I put my $$$ on the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 FTW!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I'm in love with this car. I'm definitely putting in an order for a standard GTR, then when the ultimate version of the V-Spec drops, if I'm still in love, I'll go for it. But odds are that BMW's new FI M-Car will be out and that just has to be in my driveway.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:09 PM

2001 Ford Lightning/2003 Mustang Cobra
Interesting question for us all to ponder: A Chipped V-Spec against a ZR-1: Who will prevail? Straightline and on the twisties.....?
I think that is the million dollar question right now my friend. I would not doubt it if GM is looking closely at all the hype the GT-R is currently making. The beauty of forced induction is that you can make the slightest improvement and pick up A LOT of hp. My choice goes to the ZR-1, but I am biased.