Sponsored by:

drove c63 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 10 c300 Nissan truck
drove c63 today

I preordered a steel gray form my dealer about 2 months ago and the car arrived Wednesday. They had the car ready today for a test drive. I currently have an 07 e550 and before that a 05c55 so I can conpare it to these mb v8s The first noteable difference is the sound of the 63 it barks at start up Also as you drive the 63 it rev much faster and you sence that engine parts are lighter than the other 2 v8s The engine note from inside the car is not overly loud and driving the car at low rpms is comfortable and would be great as a long distant cruiser The steering is quick and precise with enough boost to make parking easy The suspension is near perfect not harsh at all yet it stays flat in curves Now my dislikes The inside design is not my favorite The seats are good but everything else is just like other c classesThe dash and side doors are black even when you order grey It would look much better if everything was grey even the steering wheel but it isn't Also the plastic is too textured it would look better if it were smooth But the one thing that may prevent me from buying this car is each time we started it up a small puff of oil would exit the tail pipe Maybe the engine is made to use oil but as of now it isn't sitting well with me Monday I'll deside to buy or not But one thing is sure this one fun car to drive
Old 05-17-2008, 10:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Are you sure it was oil and not water vapor?
Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
that comes with the PP option

you light a match, and then the exhaust spits fire
Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Man I sure hope thats water vapor and condensation not oil.

It could also (not likley but) be some cosmoline type stuff sprayed in the exhaust system to held with rust on the boat over here. If so it would go away after a short time.

I would be very disappointed is this thing used a quart of oil every 1000 miles.

Anybody out there with a C63 having the same problem.

-Troy