Sponsored by:

**MY C63 LEASE**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW 650ci
btw, thanks for all the good input fellas...

main reason i made this thread
Old 06-12-2008, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
i asked him what happens in DLA goes out of business

he said that SWAP A LEASE (they are partners with them supposedly), would take possesion of my car and swap it..he said they'll do it, not that i would have to sell it
This really sounds like

Swap A Lease (SAL) is like a marketplace. They bring buyers and sellers together, and charge a fee somewhere in the middle. Since when did they get into the business of buying cars negotiated on other people's terms and take the risk of trying to resell at a profit? Not to mention the overhead of storing, reconditioning, shipping, etc.

he also said that is in the contract aswell

i agree with you guys....sounds to good to be true, so im waiting for the conratc and small print
Just because it is in DLA's contract with you doesn't mean SAL will take your car after 24 mos. Unless you have a contract with SAL, how are they obligated to you in any way?

If DLA is shut down, good luck trying to enforce any of the guarantees in the DLA contract.

Also funny how his answer doesn't revolve around their track record, their capitalization, their backers or any stories around a 'very low probability' of them going under. He himself seems to assume DLA will shut down at some point, "but hey SAL will still take your car whenever you want out!"
Old 06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by 1985mb
This really sounds like

Swap A Lease (SAL) is like a marketplace. They bring buyers and sellers together, and charge a fee somewhere in the middle. Since when did they get into the business of buying cars negotiated on other people's terms and take the risk of trying to resell at a profit? Not to mention the overhead of storing, reconditioning, shipping, etc.

Just because it is in DLA's contract with you doesn't mean SAL will take your car after 24 mos. Unless you have a contract with SAL, how are they obligated to you in any way?

If DLA is shut down, good luck trying to enforce any of the guarantees in the DLA contract.

Also funny how his answer doesn't revolve around their track record, their capitalization, their backers or any stories around a 'very low probability' of them going under. He himself seems to assume DLA will shut down at some point, "but hey SAL will still take your car whenever you want out!"

when he said its in the contract, he meant the one form the bank

i could care less what DLA contract says, id be signing with the bank

again dude, im just as skeptical as you are......BUT if it turns out its legit, its worth the effort ive put in

my final decision will be based on the contract from the bank....NOT WITH DLA or SAL
Old 06-12-2008, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
OK, i guess we'll just have to see what the bank contract looks like
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by 1985mb
OK, i guess we'll just have to see what the bank contract looks like
yea....hey hopefully he aint full of sh*t

but just to be on the safe side, i ordered one and left a deposit with ray catena

got a sick deal there too

so its a waiting game now i guess
Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
This is very interesting, You know that Leasing companys buy the car from a dealer who in tern makes a profit on the leaseing company, who then marks the car or the rate so they can make money too, Ya it can be lower then MSRP but always higher then cost. Im sure you guys must know this.

Leasing is just a form of payment for your car. A car has a price and a value, at the end of the day it will also deprieate the same as any other car.
This means that the money lost will have to be paid out one way or the other, its just bussiness and wouldnt make sence if everyone wasnt making money. So the real question is, What is YOUR financal obligation to the car?
How much money will it cost you all totaled up after 24 months?
vs an MB lease for 24 months?
You MUST know if you can just walk away like any MB lease after 24 month.
This 60 month stuff seems like a way to commit you too the car longer.

If you are commited to the car for 60 months, You will likey have to give it back and or still have a huge buy out and the end of 60 months.

I have to agree, sound too good to be true. Every time I have seen somting that looks too good to be true, it was always too good to be true.

I have never heard of this type of lease, so I would be very interested to know how it all works out, Like everyone says be carful and I hope it all works out good for you.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
This is very interesting, You know that Leasing companys buy the car from a dealer who in tern makes a profit on the leaseing company, who then marks the car or the rate so they can make money too, Ya it can be lower then MSRP but always higher then cost. Im sure you guys must know this.

Leasing is just a form of payment for your car. A car has a price and a value, at the end of the day it will also deprieate the same as any other car.
This means that the money lost will have to be paid out one way or the other, its just bussiness and wouldnt make sence if everyone wasnt making money. So the real question is, What is YOUR financal obligation to the car?
How much money will it cost you all totaled up after 24 months?
vs an MB lease for 24 months?
You MUST know if you can just walk away like any MB lease after 24 month.
This 60 month stuff seems like a way to commit you too the car longer.

If you are commited to the car for 60 months, You will likey have to give it back and or still have a huge buy out and the end of 60 months.

I have to agree, sound too good to be true. Every time I have seen somting that looks too good to be true, it was always too good to be true.

I have never heard of this type of lease, so I would be very interested to know how it all works out, Like everyone says be carful and I hope it all works out good for you.
yup, too good to be true, but worth finding out if it is

i was assured that i would see IN BLACK AND WHITE on the banks contract that i can get out of the car after 24 months, with no commitment what so ever!!!

so im waiting to see if the proof is in the pudding

24 months at 1000 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then benzes 1200 for 39