speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63
Originally Posted by CLK Masters
The problem is that YOU STOPPED!!!!!!

that's why 90% of the time I'm on my Motorcycle, usually as soon as the cops turn on their light they turn them right back off. And if they don't, 3.7 Lb per Horsepower says ALOT.
Can't out run the radio..

Bend the tag and try but its risk-reward...
Old 06-13-2008, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by mcc3456
Actually from what I understand, they impound your C63 and make drive a C300 for 100 hours of punishment...sort of like community service.
HAHAHA, thats funny.
Anyone watch Motoring? theres a guy, Jim (kensy) not sure of spelling, But anyway he talks about speed limits, I was very surprised but he feels the same as me. He says our speed limits need to be increased to 130Km on highways, 100 is just to slow for todays modern cars. If regular speeds in Canada are 130, then you tend to get less speeders, look at europe. smaller and less quality roads but higher limits and less crashes. Very interesting.

Sorry to get off topic, get a liar I mean lawyer. Dont get mad lawyers im just jokin
Old 06-13-2008, 01:38 PM

C63
I got nailed in Nashville the 3rd day out in my C63. State trooper at the end of the on ramp onto the highway. He wrote the ticket for 83 (I think) in a 70. There were too many trucks for him to have clocked me...and he wrote AM instead of PM for the time of the infraction. I know he was going for the silver car with a paper tag moving slightly faster than everyone else. Went to court Wednesday and the officer wasn't there, plead not guilty and the judge offered traffic school. I still plead not guilty, he asked other officer when the officer's next court date was and he continued it. What an A**WIPE. WTF?? If the officer isn't there no one to prosecute the case, simple as that.

I agree speed limits need to be raised. Speeding violations are not to "protect" the roads, they are to increase revenue for the States. A crock.

Hooray for the bikeman. I got a GSX-R 650 last year never been into bikes but I heard one too many story about running from cops. Learning to ride now!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:47 PM

'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
Ok, that's it. the day after I pick mine up, the K40 is being fitted. Too much of a target otherwise!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:29 PM

'08 CL63
Originally Posted by tanktube67
I was just waiting for this topic to be posted, to much power.
It's not the power....it's the..........driver
Old 06-13-2008, 10:40 PM

'08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Rider1
It's not the power....it's the..........driver
Agree. Just don't go apesh*t on expressways and know where the cops hang out...and where they don't. So many backroads where I live you can have a blast and not come close to seeing the fuzz. And also...don't race...ever.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
HMmm... Not too sure with some of the comments above.

I do not think New Jersey speeding tickets end up on a New York License. I have received speeding tickets in New Jersey and they are not on my Driving Extract for New York State.

I believe you are safe in that regard. Be careful, but it is not the worst thing in the world, show up to court after having took a 5-Hour Defensive Driving Course and you'll be fine.

All these guys care about is making money...

Tee_Tz.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Your basically F'd. Everybody knows you NEVER speed on the GSP! Sate Troopers don't mess around in court,you can best believe the Trooper will show up&try to nail your coffin shut.Get a lawyer,you will need one.

And to the poster who said "you shouldn't of stopped"...They WILL catch you.And when they do,each&every town you sped through on the GSP while running from the police will write you a ticket for each&every violation.Happens all the time in Jersey,you will be arrested and be handed dozens of tickets with no chance in hell of ever getting your license back

Last edited by oldgixxer; 06-15-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Originally Posted by tee_tz
HMmm... Not too sure with some of the comments above.

I do not think New Jersey speeding tickets end up on a New York License. I have received speeding tickets in New Jersey and they are not on my Driving Extract for New York State.

I believe you are safe in that regard. Be careful, but it is not the worst thing in the world, show up to court after having took a 5-Hour Defensive Driving Course and you'll be fine.

All these guys care about is making money...

Tee_Tz.
I agree. Points DO NOT transfer back to NYS DL. I had a speeding ticket last year of doing 94 on 55, the trooper came to me with the speeding ticket and said just pay it. I hired my friend who's a lawyer in NJ, plea it down to a 2 pointer & paid the fine + court fee, and the points never showed. Come to think of it, it was a year and couple months ago. You WILL need a lawyer for your case!

GSP is known to be packed ALL THE TIME, and state troopers there are no joke. I know most of us like to do some speed contest once in awhile on the highways, especially with a powerful car like the C63, but none of the NJ highways is safe to do it, maybe you should come to one of the Long Island meets.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 M3
Originally Posted by CLK Masters
The problem is that YOU STOPPED!!!!!!

that's why 90% of the time I'm on my Motorcycle, usually as soon as the cops turn on their light they turn them right back off. And if they don't, 3.7 Lb per Horsepower says ALOT.
Wow, I haven't heard anything this stupid in a long time. You're basically saying the best decision he could have made was to try and outrun the cops. I'm sure he'd appreciate that advice when he's laying face down in the asphalt with some troopers knee on his neck right before they cart him off in the back of a cruiser. At least he drove back to his own home in is nice air conditioned cabin sitting on leather buckets and didn't have to spend the night with the folks that REALLY deserve to be separated from the general public.

And don't forget... ain't nothing faster than a radio my friend, even your 3.7lbs/hp. And that says ALOT.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Exclamation

If you don't have a sharp eye for police cars & motor bikes then PLEASE DO NOT RACE. And by sharp I mean being able to tell if a police car is around you just by the police car's lights. Also be careful in traffic because they like to be around. It isn't worth it getting you C63 impounded for. Here in Cali I believe they can give a nice fine plus take your car if your above 20 over the speed limit. I do not know about the East Coast but your lucky u got away with what you did.

Be Safe & Be Greatful For Your Car!

Merc-Skycap
Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
You are lucky. In Florida you would be in Jail on a $1000 bond not to mention all your legal costs/fines (usually totals close to $10k+ and Revoked License).
That's not tru I got caught by Vascar(airplane) heading to Kendall on a Sun going 100mph in a 60. Ticket was 240.00 I paid an attorney and got the ticket DISMISSED Nov.,2000! This was with my NY license . NO POINTS.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-20-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mthis
yesterday I got pulled over in nj in the garden state parkway for racing on parkway. Speeding 100+ and improper passing. Is that rele bad this is the first time getting tickets in nj. Does anyone know if it would do anything to my new York lisence? And if anyone know anything about does tickets about how bad they are
Albany will only find out if you don't goto court and pay the fine. This is the only way it would show up on your NY record. That is the only way you'll get pts as well not to mention they could also suspend or revoke your NY license in both states if you don't ans.the ticket period.

After all is said and done they will probably only suspend your license in NJ for 30 days but you will have to follow up whether you get an attorney to help you or just pay the fine.

Your NY record and driving priviledges will be fine in all other states except in NJ for 30 days. Also no points ,but only if you ans the tix and follow thru whether with a lawyer or by going to court and defending yourself which I do not reommend you doing. That's the attorney's job.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-20-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
I agree. Points DO NOT transfer back to NYS DL. I had a speeding ticket last year of doing 94 on 55, the trooper came to me with the speeding ticket and said just pay it. I hired my friend who's a lawyer in NJ, plea it down to a 2 pointer & paid the fine + court fee, and the points never showed. Come to think of it, it was a year and couple months ago. You WILL need a lawyer for your case!

Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
GSP is known to be packed ALL THE TIME, and state troopers there are no joke. I know most of us like to do some speed contest once in awhile on the highways, especially with a powerful car like the C63, but none of the NJ highways is safe to do it, maybe you should come to one of the Long Island meets.
Especially not the GSP.