Sponsored by:

Parktronic on a C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S600, GL450
Parktronic on a C63?

Has anyone had parktronic put on a C63? I am ready to pull the trigger and get one but I would really like to get proper parktronic on the vehicle. I do not want the lousy backup sensor kit that mercedes is trying to offer which I think looks terrible and ruins the aesthetic of an otherwise beautiful vehicle.

If anyone out there has an information of this I would appreciate it.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Take it to see Chris Church at Stereo King in Clackamas. Awesome installer/fabricator. There are several other shops also that i know can do the job.

Why not just get a rear camera interface...hopefully you have the multimedia package
Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 AM

S600, GL450
Originally Posted by jbondox
Take it to see Chris Church at Stereo King in Clackamas. Awesome installer/fabricator. There are several other shops also that i know can do the job.

Why not just get a rear camera interface...hopefully you have the multimedia package

Thanks, JBONDOX.

I have heard of Stereo King, I will check them out. I also did not realize that you could get the backup camera as the option was also not available from MB. (Then I noticed the camera thread further down the page)
Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by Skycatcher
Thanks, JBONDOX.

I have heard of Stereo King, I will check them out. I also did not realize that you could get the backup camera as the option was also not available from MB. (Then I noticed the camera thread further down the page)
We actually just had a new C63 done this weekend for a customer who bought it from us. It has parking sensors in both the front and rear bumpers and also the backup camera option. I attached some pictures of the car so you can get an idea of how it looks. I also had my car done a few months back: not a C63 (sigh) just a regular C but the sensor positioning in the bumpers is the same and it looks really nice, far better than the dealer provided option which I agree is not great.
Attached Thumbnails Parktronic on a C63?-c63_1.jpg   Parktronic on a C63?-c63_3.jpg   Parktronic on a C63?-c63_4.jpg   Parktronic on a C63?-c63_5.jpg   Parktronic on a C63?-c63_6.jpg  

Parktronic on a C63?-c63_7.jpg  
Old 06-11-2008, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by XJ9
We actually just had a new C63 done this weekend for a customer who bought it from us. It has parking sensors in both the front and rear bumpers and also the backup camera option. I attached some pictures of the car so you can get an idea of how it looks. I also had my car done a few months back: not a C63 (sigh) just a regular C but the sensor positioning in the bumpers is the same and it looks really nice, far better than the dealer provided option which I agree is not great.
hey, beautiful work

where are you guys located

the parking sensor on the center console near the windshield looks almost like the stock euro ones

you guys install that im guessing...what do you do, glue/bolt it down?

also, do you have a close up pic of the parking sensors in the bumper?

i wonder how the sensors in the bumper looked compared to the euro oem
Old 06-11-2008, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by XJ9
hey, beautiful work

the parking sensor on the center console near the windshield looks almost like the stock euro ones

Old 06-11-2008, 10:11 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
A black car
Hmm... so you can get the full Parktronic package installed on the C63 aftermarket?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:11 AM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
hey, beautiful work

I work here at the mercedes dealer here in chicago but we dont do the installation work on the vehicles; thats all done by Rob and the Midcity guys.

below is a link to an earlier thread with some good pics of the bumper with the same sensors in it

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...292&highlight=
Old 06-12-2008, 10:57 PM

S600, GL450
Originally Posted by XJ9
Thanks for the Information, XJ9. I love the way the parking sensor displays look, very factory. Also the camera mount looks just like my GL.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
The standard Factory fit is crap
Old 05-28-2012, 01:50 PM

C63
Thumbs up

what is the brand name? ?? so nice work~~