Carbon Fiber on back order????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by dlbello
I was told from one of the Largest dealerships in NYC that the CF will not be available at all for the C63. As of yesterday this was the latest MB update, I did mention to dealer of some people on the forum saying that there dealer is telling them Oct for CF, he said absolutely Not true.
im gonnna call my guy tomorrow and have him make some calls
Old 06-22-2008, 05:14 PM

c63, Caterham 7, 335cic
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
really?

Can you tell me where
Carlsson in Germany. They have a nice kit at a much more competitive price.

There's no shortage of CF. Not only is it used on Boeings & Airbus airplanes, but many smaller aircraft & race cars. We use it on many of of ours race cars and its easy to fill orders!

Its just that MB/AMG buy these pieces from sub contractors and MB/AMG wont place an order until they have mucho interest.

There is not presently a significant interest. (Dont shoot the messenger!)

Yes I know you absolutely want it and yes its nice but its not in demand.

Look at what Carlsson or others offer if its a must have!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by bizguy4u
Carlsson in Germany. They have a nice kit at a much more competitive price.

There's no shortage of CF. Not only is it used on Boeings & Airbus airplanes, but many smaller aircraft & race cars. We use it on many of of ours race cars and its easy to fill orders!

Its just that MB/AMG buy these pieces from sub contractors and MB/AMG wont place an order until they have mucho interest.

There is not presently a significant interest. (Dont shoot the messenger!)

Yes I know you absolutely want it and yes its nice but its not in demand.

Look at what Carlsson or others offer if its a must have!

carlsson is sold out
Old 06-22-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
DELAY NO MORE! lol

something for my cantonese speaking homies.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
im gonnna call my guy tomorrow and have him make some calls

Please let me know ASAP... I'm also looking for the CF, but if its Not available then its Birdseye for me. It won't be a show stopper for me just a little pissed
Old 06-22-2008, 06:04 PM

2001 Ford Lightning/2003 Mustang Cobra
I was told 2-3 week delay from my dealer. I seriously doubt they will cancel that option.

I'm also pretty sure that if their was a shortage MB would have known from previous models(E63 AMG) and would not have made it an option on the 09 Models. Think about it, why would they offer an option they might not be able to fulfill. I am sure its nothing more than just a delay.

Lets not forget either we are talking about interior trim pieces, some cars such as the new Corvette ZR1 and Z06 have complete body panels made out of CF, I don't see them having any problems.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Derek@DRI
I was told 2-3 week delay from my dealer. I seriously doubt they will cancel that option.

I'm also pretty sure that if their was a shortage MB would have known from previous models(E63 AMG) and would not have made it an option on the 09 Models. Think about it, why would they offer an option they might not be able to fulfill. I am sure its nothing more than just a delay.

Lets not forget either we are talking about interior trim pieces, some cars such as the new Corvette ZR1 and Z06 have complete body panels made out of CF, I don't see them having any problems.
This was strieght from the site manager mouth, he received an email notice stating No CF vailable for the 2009 C63... I'm hoping he's wrong and your right, if you have any definitive information plz let me know. I'll ping him again and again...
Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 PM

2001 Ford Lightning/2003 Mustang Cobra
Well after seeing this thread, I called my Dealer. I was told their was a delay but only 2-3 weeks. I was told if their was a problem the option would have been dropped, but it was not just delayed.

Now how true is this? I don't know but I would find it really hard to believe that CF is being discontinued when just the other day a member posted his new C63 with Carbon Fiber trim.

The only reason I can think that your dealer said that to you would be so that you just change to another trim option and get the car in quicker, other than that I don't see why he would lie, but then again I don't see why mine would lie either.

The real question is are other models with CF trim available being fulfilled. Such as the E63, SL, etc? If they are than its obviously just a back order on the C63 Trim. I am sure AMG subcontracts the trim, and the company making them did not forsee so many orders and/or AMG probably ordered X Amount of Trim Kits, sold more than anticipated and are now at a shortage. I would think AMG have purchasing analysts who project what % of C63s will be ordered with CF Trim and purchase Kits accordingly, it seems it was more popular than projected. What does this mean, AMG orders more CF trim kits, it will take slightly longer but in the end all orders are filled. At least thats how companies usually work.

Last edited by Derek@DRI; 06-22-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
A black car
In Canada the CF option is only available as part of the AMG Performance Package.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Derek@DRI
Well after seeing this thread, I called my Dealer. I was told their was a delay but only 2-3 weeks. I was told if their was a problem the option would have been dropped, but it was not just delayed.

Now how true is this? I don't know but I would find it really hard to believe that CF is being discontinued when just the other day a member posted his new C63 with Carbon Fiber trim.

The only reason I can think that your dealer said that to you would be so that you just change to another trim option and get the car in quicker, other than that I don't see why he would lie, but then again I don't see why mine would lie either.

The real question is are other models with CF trim available being fulfilled. Such as the E63, SL, etc? If they are than its obviously just a back order on the C63 Trim. I am sure AMG subcontracts the trim, and the company making them did not forsee so many orders and/or AMG probably ordered X Amount of Trim Kits, sold more than anticipated and are now at a shortage. I would think AMG have purchasing analysts who project what % of C63s will be ordered with CF Trim and purchase Kits accordingly, it seems it was more popular than projected. What does this mean, AMG orders more CF trim kits, it will take slightly longer but in the end all orders are filled. At least thats how companies usually work.
I did question the different ways why it might not be available as you noted, I'm done with second guessing. If a few of us can confirm the truth or lack of please do!!! My dealer went as far as to go out to get a custom company to come into his dealer to install the CF for the C63's. I've spoken to him a few times and seems to be streight up (The site manager that is...) I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one, after all this is the heart of Brooklyn and a very larger dealership with alot of Italian customers.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM

2003 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan/2008 M3 Coupe M-DCT/1996 328i (Gone)/1988 190E 2.3 (Gone)
I did question the different ways why it might not be available as you noted, I'm done with second guessing. If a few of us can confirm the truth or lack of please do!!! My dealer went as far as to go out to get a custom company to come into his dealer to install the CF for the C63's. I've spoken to him a few times and seems to be streight up (The site manager that is...) I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one, after all this is the heart of Brooklyn and a very larger dealership with alot of Italian customers.
Unless the info. came from Mercedes-Benz of Manhattan, I will just ignore it.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
OK, I called my guy at Ray Catena (he is #1 in sales and has been there for 15 years)

i told him all the conflicting stories about CF

he made some calls and confirmed

I NOW HAVE A BUILD DATE

1st WEEK OF AUGUST *WITH* CARBON FIBER!!!

he told me i will be the 1st car at CATENA with CF

he said there is a delay, but not a big one, and 1st week of August im in with CF

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

he said if anyone else wants CF, he can get a build date a week or two AFTER my build date

but he checked and double checked.....1st week AUGUST build!!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:22 PM

OK, I called my guy at Ray Catena (he is #1 in sales and has been there for 15 years)

i told him all the conflicting stories about CF

he made some calls and confirmed

I NOW HAVE A BUILD DATE

1st WEEK OF AUGUST *WITH* CARBON FIBER!!!

he told me i will be the 1st car at CATENA with CF

he said there is a delay, but not a big one, and 1st week of August im in with CF

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

he said if anyone else wants CF, he can get a build date a week or two AFTER my build date

but he checked and double checked.....1st week AUGUST build!!
Hey Thanks for the update... and sorry about the problems you're encountering.

I spoke to my sales Rep. and basically he said no one knows (Dealers) when the exact "Slot" will be available in August for CF and that if I don't take the available 7/10 that I would lose it. My take on this is that 99% of all sales people are BS artist. Sooo that being said, I told him, if I lose my July slot and have to wait past August for a build date then I would go to Ray Catena for an earlier delevery date...He basically said, there should be an August target date but he wont know until August on how things pan out. I'm pretty sure he's not being fully open with me on who or how many people are looking for the same CF slots....
Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Hey Thanks for the update... and sorry about the problems you're encountering.

I spoke to my sales Rep. and basically he said no one knows (Dealers) when the exact "Slot" will be available in August for CF and that if I don't take the available 7/10 that I would lose it. My take on this is that 99% of all sales people are BS artist. Sooo that being said, I told him, if I lose my July slot and have to wait past August for a build date then I would go to Ray Catena for an earlier delevery date...He basically said, there should be an August target date but he wont know until August on how things pan out. I'm pretty sure he's not being fully open with me on who or how many people are looking for the same CF slots....
well my guy said the CF slots just opened up

they have cars with june and july build dates but no CF

he said i have the first open CF slot, and its the 1st week of august

he said he can get another CF build date 1 or 2 weeks after mine

so if ur interested i can give you his #s

but an august build date is not toooo much of an additional wait
Old 06-23-2008, 05:00 PM

well my guy said the CF slots just opened up

they have cars with june and july build dates but no CF

he said i have the first open CF slot, and its the 1st week of august

he said he can get another CF build date 1 or 2 weeks after mine

so if ur interested i can give you his #s

but an august build date is not toooo much of an additional wait
Thanks... I may go that route just to pressure and keep Sovereign honest, so far I've received some BS which I'm not happy about but I think I can still pull off some "Give me's" the mngr said he would do something (discounts) but he said it would be at the time of the build date sooo I'm thinking he won't be able to discount the car or options so I'll get other things like details, oil chgs, car cover ect... which will amount to some money at the end. I'm buying this car strieght so it will be very little paper work for them and a good return for me...

Please forward me your contact info so that I have a refference, if I need to fall back on for a final deal w/ CF... Thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG
Just called today to see if my VIN number was in for my 7/30 build and he said it has been delayed he believes because of the Carbon Fiber...

Any idea on the delay time?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 E55
Was told today that my car came into port today...and it was ordered with CF, a July 10 build date. Should be at the dealer within a week. We'll see. I was told it does have the CF and "strings" were pulled to get the allocation to order it. Apparently there is no shortage of CF, etc. They are just severly limiting the number of CF builds. Who knows if just dealer bs. This is my 4th car from this dealer, and they haven't done me wrong yet... Anyone want an 2006 CLS 55 I am now trying to sell.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by EPower
Was told today that my car came into port today...and it was ordered with CF, a July 10 build date. Should be at the dealer within a week. We'll see. I was told it does have the CF and "strings" were pulled to get the allocation to order it. Apparently there is no shortage of CF, etc. They are just severly limiting the number of CF builds. Who knows if just dealer bs. This is my 4th car from this dealer, and they haven't done me wrong yet... Anyone want an 2006 CLS 55 I am now trying to sell.
Good so just a "slight" delay in putting it together I imagine... makes me worry less thanks lol
Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 AMG GT63S, 2020 Ferrari 488 PISTA
Does anyone have a PIC of the Carbon Fiber?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 AM

09 c63
Originally Posted by Verb04
Does anyone have a PIC of the Carbon Fiber?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by zeroordie196
wow that hot!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 PM

2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
my MB dealer just called me and told me that the CF option is on back order, and may delay the order significantly

he said he'll know in a week, but he also mentioned the he dosnt think any cars with a july build will not have the CF option

does anyone else have any info or insight on the CF delay???
hey, bro, i begin to worry about mine now, does the Canadian model have the same problem of CF shortage, coz mine I think is early June built and supposed to be delivered by the end of July. Hope anybody can give me some suggestions
Old 08-06-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by jackrycheung
hey, bro, i begin to worry about mine now, does the Canadian model have the same problem of CF shortage, coz mine I think is early June built and supposed to be delivered by the end of July. Hope anybody can give me some suggestions
im almost positive canadians are fine

in the US CF is a stand alone option, i think it comes standard on the canadian PP package

you guys also get keyless go, and we dont
and maybe parktronic
Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 PM

2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
im almost positive canadians are fine

in the US CF is a stand alone option, i think it comes standard on the canadian PP package

you guys also get keyless go, and we dont
and maybe parktronic
I c, keyless go and CF trim are part of the APP, but we dun have parktronic at all unless u special request. Thanks a lot for your opinion my frd
Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
no problem brother, enjoy it !

wish i had a canadian spec C63

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber on back order????