Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Black C63 AMG
Congratulations. Your car looks fantastic! Are you Belgian? I used to own a e36 M3 Sedan, and I have test driven the new M3 Sedan and I currently own a 335i coupe. I have not driven the c63 yet, but your comments are exactly what I would have expected. The new M3 is quick, no doubt, but you have to push it hard to get it to go. I expect strong V8 torque from the c63, kinda like my old Mustang GT, just more and better!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:37 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by kimiFan
I know you didn't ask me but, I thought I'd share my opinion with you. This is purely my opinion. I owned an 04 E46 M3 w/19" wheels. as far as I'm concerned their completely different cars.

To me the M3's suspension felt stiffer like you felt every little bump nook and cranny on the road. the C63 does feel the road in a responsive manner but in a more dampened sort of subdued way, like a mercedes.

As far as the handling goes it's kinda the same thing the M has heavier more direct responsive steering than the C63. The C63 seems to have a more power assisted feel to it making it feel a little looser and less direct. More like a Mercedes, and remember that all this is partially due to the heavier car the more solid feel when opening & closing doors, road stability etc. It really comes dowm to personal preference. I'm personally in love with my C63 regardless, but if your expecting to sit in C63 and have it perform or feel like the M3 it wont be or do that it's a MERCEDES!!! so if you like that feel you got from the old M, don't think you'll get that here. Their different animals

As far as power goes, there is no comparison, the Merc wins hands down. As far as all these comparisons go I have no idea what the new M is like nor do I really care. It's like comparing apples to bananas to oranges. Their all very different. That being said I think I'll enjoy my C63 more than any of the others cars I've owned to date, and that speaks volumes.

Yes the M & the C63 are competeing for their share of the market place but still in different ways. Wouldn't trade my C63 for any of the above mentioned cars. hope that helps. Cheers!
Thanks for the info...very helpful. I was actually hoping the C63 was going to be a little less rigid than the M3. Sounds like it is. I have ordered the PP in mine so it should not be a shock to me since I am used to the stiff suspension of the M's. Although I have not driven the new M3, I am thinking it would be boring compared to the C63. The New M3 does not seem like much of a leap from the old one.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
so ur car has the PP, and its still NOT as stiff as the M3

wow, impressive