Is that a Rhodesian Ridgeback?

I have one as well, a pup from the champ in Germany actually

Awesome dogs
Old 06-30-2008 | 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by AMG3Y3CON
Is that a Rhodesian Ridgeback?

I have one as well, a pup from the champ in Germany actually

Awesome dogs
Yeah it is, we have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks. There both show dogs, I'll spare you the details on their pedigree & championship resume.

That's a conversation for my wife. But yes they are awesome dogs, everybody has their favourites, but mine are Ridgebacks for sure!
Old 06-30-2008 | 05:11 AM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by kimiFan
Yeah it is, we have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks. There both show dogs, I'll spare you the details on their pedigree & championship resume.

That's a conversation for my wife. But yes they are awesome dogs, everybody has their favourites, but mine are Ridgebacks for sure!
Awesome! Not a bad ride too
Old 06-30-2008 | 05:25 AM

Awesome! Not a bad ride too
Thanks!
Old 06-30-2008 | 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
I'm going on an extensive road trip with the car, hopefully when I'm back I'll be able to give a more in depth review of my likes, dislikes and issues. The engine will also be broken in by then.

I have driven all of my other cars on extensive road trips, so it should be interesting to see how the C63 stacks up

Here is a photo of my pouch bracing himself while we drive sorry about the quality, moving cell phone shot.
wow, look at his claws dgging into the back of those AMG seats
Old 06-30-2008 | 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
Yeah....kiss the new car smell goodbye too.
AMG as a pet hauler? Just buy a station wagon.
Old 06-30-2008 | 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stiggs
Yeah....kiss the new car smell goodbye too.
AMG as a pet hauler? Just buy a station wagon.
DUDE! A. My dogs don't stink, I'd almost venture to bet there as clean as you

B. They hardly shed, and if they do, who cares! That's why they invented vacuum cleaners.

C. It's only a car! If I'm that afraid of putting a dog in it? Maybe, I should'nt drive it, I mean hell, what if I got into an accident? God forbid. I guess I should just park it, and look at it! BUT WAIT! be careful, dont park it on the street!!! You never know.

D. Your obviously not a dog lover, fine that's your prerogative. Maybe you've owned freak show dogs in the past? Sorry for you!

E. My dogs have travelled the world, and stayed in some of the finest hotels, they know how to behave, & even if they didn't I still dont think it would stop me.

F. AMG as a pet hauler? Dude, are you on CRACK!! Get over it, It's car, it's meant to be driven, and used for transport.

G. Do you own a dog? What car do you drive? Maybe you should get a dinky toy, and put it on your mantlepiece Provided you have one?

Have a nice day, PS maybe you should visit Michael Vick! When you get a chance.

Last edited by kimiFan; 07-01-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2008 | 03:18 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG

B. They hardly shed, and if they do, who cares! That's why they invented vacuum cleaners.

C. It's only a car! If I'm that afraid of putting a dog in it? Maybe, I should'nt drive it, I mean hell, what if I got into an accident? God forbid. I guess I should just park it, and look at it! BUT WAIT! be careful, dont park it on the street!!! You never know.

D. Your obviously not a dog lover, fine that's your prerogative. Maybe you've owned freak show dogs in past? Sorry for you!

E. My dogs have travelled the world, and stayed in some of finest hotels, they know how to behave, & even if they didn't I still dont think it would stop me.

F. AMG as a pet hauler? Dude, are you on CRACK!! Get over it, It's car, it's meant to be driven, and used for transport.

D. Do you own a dog? What car do you drive? Maybe you should get a dinky toy, and put it on your mantlepiece Provided you have one?

kimifan,

I'm with you on man's best friend. I've got a champion blood line Black Lab and he is the greatest. I also do not quite understand the guys who treat their cars like porcelain vases. It was designed and built to drive. I like the look of a clean car more than a dirty one like the next guy, but to put it on a pedestal and look at it is against everything that the folks at AMG meant for the car.
Old 06-30-2008 | 04:15 PM

What I like!
I love the dog pics! You should make that your avatar!

I'm a fan of Kimi and Alonso (even still) and it seems Kubica has talent and a great "temperment" (is that a dog-term? ) Hamilton has loads of driving talent, but I'm not sure he has the rest of what it takes to be great. With his skills, he shouldn't still be making "rookie" mistakes.... my .01

Have a great road trip and we're looking forward to your reports.
Old 06-30-2008 | 05:05 PM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG

LMAO!! Yeah those dogs are much more expensive than most people imagine and I bet they are cleaner than most people around here haha. Mine looks at me retarded if I try to give her dog food... spoiled show dogs! Gotta love em!

Enjoy the trip!
Old 06-30-2008 | 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
I love the dog pics! You should make that your avatar!

I'm a fan of Kimi and Alonso (even still) and it seems Kubica has talent and a great "temperment" (is that a dog-term? ) Hamilton has loads of driving talent, but I'm not sure he has the rest of what it takes to be great. With his skills, he shouldn't still be making "rookie" mistakes.... my .01

Have a great road trip and we're looking forward to your reports.
Good idea Hans, re: The avatar.

I have to agree with you about Hamilton, when he first arrived I thought he was the real deal, obviously loads of driving talent, but I'm not sure he has the refinement and the rest of the package to be truly great. Of course he's still young, and has lots to learn, which he could do! But with some of the bone headed moves he's been doing, the jury's still out.

Ah yes! Temperment, a key to a great driver, as well as a great dog.

As far as the other young drivers go, I guess time will tell wether they're for real, or a flash in the pan. I have heard some rumors that Kimi might retire soon, this might be his last season, I find that hard to believe, but anythings possible. Cheers!
Old 06-30-2008 | 06:44 PM

LMAO!! Yeah those dogs are much more expensive than most people imagine and I bet they are cleaner than most people around here haha. Mine looks at me retarded if I try to give her dog food... spoiled show dogs! Gotta love em!

Enjoy the trip!
Thanks. Hey what breeder is your pup out of? Just curious?
Old 06-30-2008 | 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by RM-6302
kimifan,

I'm with you on man's best friend. I've got a champion blood line Black Lab and he is the greatest. I also do not quite understand the guys who treat their cars like porcelain vases. It was designed and built to drive. I like the look of a clean car more than a dirty one like the next guy, but to put it on a pedestal and look at it is against everything that the folks at AMG meant for the car.
+1
Old 06-30-2008 | 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Congrats!
Old 06-30-2008 | 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
give us an update of what you think of a car after so many miles you done!!! Would love to hear... cant wait for mine... another 3-4 weeks tell i get mine, DOH!
Old 06-30-2008 | 08:59 PM
cdd

N/A
Do you own a dog? What car do you drive? Maybe you should get a dinky toy, and put it on your mantlepiece Provided you have one?

I have a dog--love him. Our AMG is our only car and every time the dog is about to go into the car I need a Xanax/Oxycodone/Ambien/Bourbon cocktail.

To each their own, but I think you'll find many more who don't want their pooches in the ride.
Old 06-30-2008 | 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
love the car in silver. congrats!
Old 06-30-2008 | 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by cdd
I have a dog--love him. Our AMG is our only car and every time the dog is about to go into the car I need a Xanax/Oxycodone/Ambien/Bourbon cocktail.

To each their own, but I think you'll find many more who don't want their pooches in the ride.
Yup, each to their own. There are certain places I wont allow the dogs, but the AMG isn't one of of them.

That sounds like one hell of a cocktail!!!
Old 06-30-2008 | 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by bensitto
love the car in silver. congrats!
Thanks, yeah silver is classic Merc.
Old 06-30-2008 | 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Last Emperor
It does look like that, but nah! no damage done, those seat shells are pretty hard, I'll probably do more scuffing with my hockey bag when all's said & done.
Old 06-30-2008 | 11:42 PM

2009 C63
It does look like that, but nah! no damage done, those seat shells are pretty hard, I'll probably do more scuffing with my hockey bag when all's said & done.
Hockey bag in the trunk please!!! Oh the smell!!
Dog in back seat much better!!!
Old 06-30-2008 | 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by shaker
Hockey bag in the trunk please!!! Oh the smell!!
Dog in back seat much better!!!
Ufortunately with the size of my goalie bag it's probably to tight a fit in the trunk, if it works? I'll be suprised.

The M3's Trunk had a higher clearance from top to bottom, so when you folded down the rear seats I could Make it work, But the The C is about 2-3 inches shorter height wise. I dont think it'll work.

You should have seen the struggles I had with the 911, it was tight, but I made it work.

No dogs back then!
Old 07-01-2008 | 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG
Thanks. Hey what breeder is your pup out of? Just curious?
I'd honestly have to look at the paper work I can't remember. It was from a small town in Germany (was in Holland at the time) and its from the fall breed I believe 04' of the Euro champion male... if that helps.
Old 07-01-2008 | 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
I'd be cleaner if I could lick myself.
Old 07-02-2008 | 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stiggs
I'd be cleaner if I could lick myself.
Among other things!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally Got My Ride