Old 06-25-2008, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW 650ci
UPDATE:

i got a call at 1:30 AM from mr.david camp
he left me a message
here is what was said

" hey i know you where trying to reach me, its a long story...
anyways, i will be available tomorrow and i will wire you your money back.

you dont have to call anyone else, or do anything else.....i got arrested for this old warrant thing i had (HAHA SCHEMER)

also, i understand you spoke to one of my competitors, the guy used to work for me, and its not true! i dont have a record for doing those things "

haha, i really didnt understand the last part....cuz noone told me anything like that.....i guesss he just got his bullsh*t's confused or someone told someone that he has a record for somthing!

now the only thing is how to get a wire back from him????
dont exactly wanna give him my bank acct # !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, i'll update again later.....
Old 06-25-2008, 08:01 AM

2003 S600
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
UPDATE:

i got a call at 1:30 AM from mr.david camp
he left me a message
here is what was said

hey i know you where trying to reach me, its a long story...
anyways, i will be available tomorrow and i will wire you your money back.

you dont have to call anyone else, or do anything else.....i got arrested for this old warrant thing i had (HAHA SCHEMER)

Glad to hear it may work out!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
you yourself in a previous post said it was a gamble and then said the money doesn't mean shiet to you. Let me tell you something, asking these people to help you by showing up at peoples houses is a very bad idea. it was your stupid decision that got you into this in the beginning! In Fl, which I lived there, my front porch was considered part of my house, and I could shoot someone legally if i felt threatened, and that they had the intent, opportunity, or capability to cause harm. you stalking, and harrassing these people is your first problem, take it up in civil court, and go file a complaint with the bank that you willingly transferred the money. you show up on my old mans porch down in FL, he is going to shoot you... then tell the cops that you scared him, and that he is frail man and he felt his life was in jeopardy...

You think that searching for a deal was great... and that everyone should... but when it came back to bite you in the **** you enlisted the help of some naive forum members... way to go!

as your comment about me getting ripped off, I am more wise than that, I shop and buy at respectable establishments. If it is contractor I research till I am confident enough to do business with them... IN PERSON!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by jbondox
you yourself in a previous post said it was a gamble and then said the money doesn't mean shiet to you. Let me tell you something, asking these people to help you by showing up at peoples houses is a very bad idea. it was your stupid decision that got you into this in the beginning! In Fl, which I lived there, my front porch was considered part of my house, and I could shoot someone legally if i felt threatened, and that they had the intent, opportunity, or capability to cause harm. you stalking, and harrassing these people is your first problem, take it up in civil court, and go file a complaint with the bank that you willingly transferred the money. you show up on my old mans porch down in FL, he is going to shoot you... then tell the cops that you scared him, and that he is frail man and he felt his life was in jeopardy...

You think that searching for a deal was great... and that everyone should... but when it came back to bite you in the **** you enlisted the help of some naive forum members... way to go!

as your comment about me getting ripped off, I am more wise than that, I shop and buy at respectable establishments. If it is contractor I research till I am confident enough to do business with them... IN PERSON!

first of all.....i never sent anyone to threaten him or harm him or anything like that

the member that was nice enough to go there was a total gentleman, and went there, rang the bell, and just wanted to talk to the guy there

he wasnt there to "act or look tough"
it was nothing like that....he was being very polite, and just inquiring for me
AND I THANK HIM!!!

and besides, small claims court would take 3-6 months MINIMUM

im getting my money (hopefully) 48 hours after i started this thread
Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by jbondox

+1

I can assure my father, or me, would not treat stangers on my property very friendly either. I understand about the loss of money, and yes I would be piises off to no end. Keep in mind that cooler heads often prevail.

See yeah
Old 06-25-2008, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
+1

I can assure my father, or me, would not treat stangers on my property very friendly either. I understand about the loss of money, and yes I would be piises off to no end. Keep in mind that cooler heads often prevail.

See yeah
i totally agree

again, no one went to his house to cause trouble

he came up to the guard house (its a private community) and said im looking for mr andrew camp or direct lease america

it was all very civil

i believe it was an older fella that came to the place of business, and not some young "thug"

in any case tho.....it was the address to the business

so he was going to check out a LISTED PLACE OF BUSINESS

not break in and enter into a private residence
Old 06-25-2008, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
PS

if it wasnt for the great members of this forum who offered to HELP ME, by going and checking out the place of business in florida

i would probably NOT hear from this guy again

so you can say what you want

BUT IT WORKED, and im greatfull

and if anyone needed a favor or a helping hand in NYC
i would help as well
Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by silver65
Glad to hear it may work out!
i dont think it would have if not for you helping as well
Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 AM

2003 S600
Some of you guys must be thinking with that "Thug Mentality." I assure you, I am no thug. Just someone trying to help someone else.

To be honest, if some guy came to my door looking for my son because he had ripped them off, I think I would be willing to talk to that guy.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Some of you guys must be thinking with that "Thug Mentality." I assure you, I am no thug. Just someone trying to help someone else.

To be honest, if some guy came to my door looking for my son because he had ripped them off, I think I would be willing to talk to that guy.
exactly

he did tell me yesterday that when i call him today, he'll wire me my refund

dont i have to give him my bank account info for him to wire $$

uuhhmmm, i dont think im terribly comfortable with that idea

any suggestions
Old 06-25-2008, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec

The point is not that you are a thug, it's that Mr. Camp Sr or whoever answered the door could have been one. Potential harm could have been done to you or any stranger showing up at that FL residence. Your own good intentions would have been moot at that point.

Kudos to you to offer to help, but as Jbondox alludes, LE should have declined that offer and pursued civil/criminal proceedings instead. So what if it might have taken longer? It might save other, similarly naive people from the same fraud.

I don't want to get on a high horse here, but I don[t think the solution is simply for LE to get his $1k back. He needs to look at ways to help prevent further scams. At the very least, file complaints in all the jurisdictions mentioned here (CA, FL, PA, NY, etc.)
Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by 1985mb
The point is not that you are a thug, it's that Mr. Camp Sr or whoever answered the door could have been one. Potential harm could have been done to you or any stranger showing up at that FL residence. Your own good intentions would have been moot at that point.

Kudos to you to offer to help, but as Jbondox alludes, LE should have declined that offer and pursued civil/criminal proceedings instead. So what if it might have taken longer? It might save other, similarly naive people from the same fraud.

I don't want to get on a high horse here, but I don[t think the solution is simply for LE to get his $1k back. He needs to look at ways to help prevent further scams. At the very least, file complaints in all the jurisdictions mentioned here (CA, FL, PA, NY, etc.)

i did ALL of that

i filed complaints with the BBB in all 3 states, and spoke to sherrifs offices and what not

but saying that this guy couldve gotten blown away just for ringing someones buzzer in a civil polite way is almost like saying your MB dealer could go postal and blow your brains out when you try to negotiate

he rang a buzzer at some bodies office

talk of him being shot and killed is totally rediculous
Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
oh and 1985mb, the only way for these scams to stop is for this guy to be locked away for life...which isnt gonna happen

if i took him to small claims court.....THE BEST that wouldve happened is i wouldve gotten my thousand back...thats all

any scam he does with direct lease will just be reborn when he makes another corp

in this business its buyer beware pretty much

all tho hes a scammer, hes not doing anything that will have him facing a serious jail sentence

so again im no thug, but the only way for this perticular guy to stop scamming ppl is if i came to his house and broke his legs

then maybe he wouldnt scam anyone anymore (still who knows)

anyways, thats not what im about

i just know that doing things the way i did them got me instant results

im pretty sure if i never called him, tracked him down, or went to his house.....I WOULDVE GOT NOTHING!!!!

he wouldve waited for me to take him to court....most ppl wouldnt...cuz who is gonna pay for lawyers and travel expenses to recoup $1000...NO ONE

so unless someone goes about it the way i did, im pretty sure theyd be beat

this guy only called me back because he knew if he wouldnt i would find him!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
oh and 1985mb, the only way for these scams to stop is for this guy to be locked away for life...which isnt gonna happen

if i took him to small claims court.....THE BEST that wouldve happened is i wouldve gotten my thousand back...thats all

any scam he does with direct lease will just be reborn when he makes another corp

in this business its buyer beware pretty much

all tho hes a scammer, hes not doing anything that will have him facing a serious jail sentence

so again im no thug, but the only way for this perticular guy to stop scamming ppl is if i came to his house and broke his legs

then maybe he wouldnt scam anyone anymore (still who knows)

anyways, thats not what im about

i just know that doing things the way i did them got me instant results

im pretty sure if i never called him, tracked him down, or went to his house.....I WOULDVE GOT NOTHING!!!!

he wouldve waited for me to take him to court....most ppl wouldnt...cuz who is gonna pay for lawyers and travel expenses to recoup $1000...NO ONE

so unless someone goes about it the way i did, im pretty sure theyd be beat

this guy only called me back because he knew if he wouldnt i would find him!
I dont know man......like you said, it was a gamble...u took it and lost.... Over 1k, i'd take the loss and lesson learned.... Good luck either way...
Old 06-25-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
I dont know man......like you said, it was a gamble...u took it and lost.... Over 1k, i'd take the loss and lesson learned.... Good luck either way...
so you would take the loss and move on

or would you try to get your money back like i did???

yes it was a gamble, and i took it and lost
yes there is a valuble lesson learned

but the ppl here telling me to just move on and forget the 1000 are burnt in my honest opinion

I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO, AND I AM GLAD TO SAY I GOT MY $1,000 BACK TODAY!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350

but the ppl here telling me to just move on and forget the 1000 are burnt in my honest opinion

I dont want to get into the debate on this and I wasn't aware that you got your money back... If you did then good for you and lessoned learned.. Although I wouldn't take the steps as far as going to that persons place and endangering yourself or someone else for 1k.... Do what you can to bring this guy to justice but do it in a way that does not harm anyone including yourself.....

Good luck...
Old 06-25-2008, 12:17 PM

02 c32 99 superduty

Good for you! Yes you did take a gamble but the scammer is coming across as a business. It's not like you found this deal on Graig's list or places like that where scammers are always lurking. You applied enough pressure to get your dough back and I applaud you for not just lying down and taking it in the ****. One more for the good guys-One less for the bad guys.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by c3232c
Good for you! Yes you did take a gamble but the scammer is coming across as a business. It's not like you found this deal on Graig's list or places like that where scammers are always lurking. You applied enough pressure to get your dough back and I applaud you for not just lying down and taking it in the ****. One more for the good guys-One less for the bad guys.
yea thanks bro,

unfortunately, i wish there was something we can do to prevent this guy from working with anyone else
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Glad to hear you received your money back

See yeah

PS: If the law finds him, please have the courage, time and patience to prosecute this SOB to the fullest extend of the law for the rest of us. Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
GREAT NEWS!!

Very happy for ya bro, dont let this mess with your head now and remember there are good people out there

Last edited by 451/443=EW; 06-25-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
thanks guys, i appreciate all the good words

and yea, if the law ever gets back in contact with me...i'll persue it
Old 06-25-2008, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
I do have to agree with the recent post about you sayin you were taking a gamble, and that means you were will to loose the money.

Remember money isnt everything. quality has to mean somthing especialy when buying a Benz! I would proudly say I got a deal, but not the best one, but they respect me because I didnt grind the hell out of them. This tells people that you care more about Quality treatment and service.

Think about this.... If someone came to you and cared only about the money they save and not about your services, what would you say about that person after they left you, and how would you treat them when they came back to complain about somthing. Would you really care ( after all they were not so concerned about your after sales treatment when the grinded you ). EVERYONE wants respect, so pay more and you will not regret it.

Not tryin to make you feel bad just want to show you that there is more to think about than money.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
exactly

he did tell me yesterday that when i call him today, he'll wire me my refund

dont i have to give him my bank account info for him to wire $$

uuhhmmm, i dont think im terribly comfortable with that idea

any suggestions
So, how exactly did you get the money sent to you? Did you give him your account # or did you do something more "arms length", like PayPal?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
I do have to agree with the recent post about you sayin you were taking a gamble, and that means you were will to loose the money.

Remember money isnt everything. quality has to mean somthing especialy when buying a Benz! I would proudly say I got a deal, but not the best one, but they respect me because I didnt grind the hell out of them. This tells people that you care more about Quality treatment and service.

Think about this.... If someone came to you and cared only about the money they save and not about your services, what would you say about that person after they left you, and how would you treat them when they came back to complain about somthing. Would you really care ( after all they were not so concerned about your after sales treatment when the grinded you ). EVERYONE wants respect, so pay more and you will not regret it.

Not tryin to make you feel bad just want to show you that there is more to think about than money.

well i couldnt agree more

but my thinking was that it would be a brand new benz

and any problems or service, i would just deal with my local MB dealer, and not the leasing company

i thought it might be a scam, but not a scam to get my deposit

i thought the lease terms might be a scam

(its a 60 month lease, but i was told you can exit in 24 months)

even if i didnt have these problems with this guy.....when i wouldve got the contract terms from US BANK.....if it looked fishy, or didnt clearly say that i wasnt liable aftre 24 months....i wouldnt of taken the car anyways

and that contract wouldnt arrive until shortly before the vehicle did

so it worked out for the best

if this guy never dissapeared, i wouldve never went to my MB dealer and reserevd the car with him!!

i wouldve only found out in AUG that im not taking the car, and i would have to order another one then, and wait again for it

so im glad things worked out for the best
Old 06-25-2008, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by ScottW911
So, how exactly did you get the money sent to you? Did you give him your account # or did you do something more "arms length", like PayPal?
yea, that wouldnt have happened

wired thru western union and i just pick it up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i was ripped off!! looking for some advice