C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the US performance package..WTF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan/2008 M3 Coupe M-DCT/1996 328i (Gone)/1988 190E 2.3 (Gone)
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
The rest of the world gets all the good things while america gets shafted. It is the mb norm. Most other markets offer the LSD as a stand alone option.

But really should a 450 hp car like the C63 have an open diff to begin with? I have to say no. But that is me!
450hp & no LSD, MB was just trying to reduce the population a bit to help the environment, they sure are getting greener! At least we get anti-lock brakes!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 SL55 '00 S281SC '09 C63
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
i slam ppl when i get answers??

r u crazy?
im always nice and appreciative

the guy answered about some response he got in the AMG loung MONTHS ago
then last week, they came out with all this new C63 info, and still nothing on the PP

i just wanted to double check somehow

that guy instead being courtious was a d*ck

***and i didnt post about 100 times, i asked once!!!!!!!!!!!

what did this thread do to **** you off???

wow man.......some ppl are such DOUCHE BAGS on this forum
you guys (the douches) should be on BMW forums instead

Sorry for trying to help out here, but let me try to explain something here for Last Emperor:

I know you're new to the community. But please.. when you are given information that comes straight from MB/AMG in the Private Lounge, or better yet, Rob Allan or Scott, you should show them and AMG some respect.

Rob and Scott are both professionals and keep this community informed by providing information and answers to all concerns about AMG products, old and new and still to come. You wanted Private Lounge information, and thats what you got. Its credible stuff.

And to their credit, there was absolutely no change in the 030 offerings for US MY09 C63's from Rob Allan's information "months ago" to present day. Also, I am 100% positive that if there were recent changes Rob Allan or Scott would have been the first to immediately inform the Private Lounge (and in turn, MBWorld's own freak show that is the C63 forum).

Sorry to be long-winded. Just trying to explain something to the infamous Last Emp. Maybe in return, he'll call me names.

Johan
'03 SL55
'00 S281SC
Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Canadian MY2009 AMG C63 P30Pkg:\ $6400.00

Option changes for the C 63 AMG…
• New AMG Performance Package
• Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion
• AMG Limited Slip Differential
• AMG Performance Suspension
• AMG High-Performance Composite Brakes
• AMG Performance Steering Wheel
(Nappa Leather with Alcantara Side Grips)
• AMG Carbon Fibre Trim

U.S. MY2009 AMG C63 P30:\ $3990.00

Option changes for the C 63 AMG…
• AMG High-Performance Composite Brakes
Looks official I guess. But we could always still gripe to stir the pot.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by exiges
In the UK the Performance Pack (LSD, Brakes, Suspension) is £3200

Despite the USD:£ being 2:1 we normally have to pay in pounds what you guys pay in $

The LSD is available separately here for £1700

I think it must be a printing error, or lack of full detail, because I can't imagine you'd be paying $3000 for just the diff.
I am frankly so sick and tired of the brits comparing their 2:1 cost of goods. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS... we make 1/2 of what you do. If a job pays $70,000 in the US, it pays roughly 70,000 pounds sterling there. Conversely when you buy a car for 60k sterling, we pay $60kUSD. There are plus/minus factors, sure. But all in all it's a wash.

Same thing with all the whining about gas prices. The UK has a different gallon than the US. The UK has extensive taxes in the gas price the US does not. In the end, the petrol costs the same.

So, now back to the originally scheduled programming.

(sorry - didn't mean to snap like that, but I keep seeing these types of posts and they get me because we both make the same amounts on both sides of the pond. If that wasn't the case and the "value" of money and goods was truly 2:1 the UK would probably have bought us by now, thereby taking back the colonies... lol)
Old 07-20-2008, 07:42 PM

'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
Originally Posted by peet
I am frankly so sick and tired of the brits comparing their 2:1 cost of goods. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS... we make 1/2 of what you do. If a job pays $70,000 in the US, it pays roughly 70,000 pounds sterling there. Conversely when you buy a car for 60k sterling, we pay $60kUSD. There are plus/minus factors, sure. But all in all it's a wash.

Same thing with all the whining about gas prices. The UK has a different gallon than the US. The UK has extensive taxes in the gas price the US does not. In the end, the petrol costs the same.

(sorry - didn't mean to snap like that, but I keep seeing these types of posts and they get me because we both make the same amounts on both sides of the pond. If that wasn't the case and the "value" of money and goods was truly 2:1 the UK would probably have bought us by now, thereby taking back the colonies... lol)

I've lived in both places for many years. We, in the US, make more than they do in the UK + they pay more tax + their goods are more expensive. Simply put, even with recent increases, most people don't realize how good we have it in the US. Oh, and they are buying us - at least anyone with sterling or euros - read the WSJ.

I don't know why this made you "snap"? Enjoy the good life. Many of my UK friends "whine" and I don't blame then. A fun recent example was the VW Rabbit I bought as a runaround (don't want to leave the C63 in the City, at the airport etc) - $16,000 here (still amazes me), the nearest equivalent in spec is $38,000 there!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by peet

You are so misinformed it is sad. The US pays less for everything (except groceries and produce) than anywhere else. Average income in Continental Europe (with exceptions like Luxembourg and Lichtenstein) and the UK are below those in the US. Not to mention all taxes are much higher nearly everywhere in Europe.

But of course, if you would care to offer an example to defend your argument, please feel free.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 PM

09 C63 (Coming Soon)
Wow, this thread is DRAMA.

The problem with this question is that nobody can acutally confirm delivery of a 09 C63 with PP. I have yet to see pictures of a C63 in the US with the PP. Until that happens, nobody will know the actual price or options that it comes with. Until somebody posts pictures of THE CAR'S STICKER with corresponding pictures of the options, I will hold my judgement on the pricing, availability, and options of the PP in the US.

At this point price and availability is speculative at best. The same goes for the Carbon Fiber option here in the US. I have only seen a few pics of C63 with CF interior, and all the cars were non-US and had the PP. If you go read the threads on the whole CF interior situation in the US, you will find equally unreliable information and opinions from official and unofficial sources. This is because nobody can confirm delivery of a 09 model with CF interior (just like the PP).

It is too bad that Mercedes doesn't have their **** together. I have not really seen this with other car manufacturers. Options and pricing are usually straightforward and clear across the board. It sounds like we have about the same information as any of the dealers and salesman...rumors and guesses.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by Arctic White

The problem with this question is that nobody can acutally confirm delivery of a 09 C63 with PP. I have yet to see pictures of a C63 in the US with the PP. Until that happens, nobody will know the actual price or options that it comes with. Until somebody posts pictures of THE CAR'S STICKER with corresponding pictures of the options, I will hold my judgement on the pricing, availability, and options of the PP in the US.

At this point price and availability is speculative at best. The same goes for the Carbon Fiber option here in the US. I have only seen a few pics of C63 with CF interior, and all the cars were non-US and had the PP. If you go read the threads on the whole CF interior situation in the US, you will find equally unreliable information and opinions from official and unofficial sources. This is because nobody can confirm delivery of a 09 model with CF interior (just like the PP).

It is too bad that Mercedes doesn't have their **** together. I have not really seen this with other car manufacturers. Options and pricing are usually straightforward and clear across the board. It sounds like we have about the same information as any of the dealers and salesman...rumors and guesses.
The price doesn't seem controversial. http://www.mercedes-amg.com/index2.h...oom/models/c63

Click on "pricing ans specs" and scroll down.
$3990
Old 07-20-2008, 10:37 PM

09 C63 (Coming Soon)
Originally Posted by GBlansten
The price doesn't seem controversial. http://www.mercedes-amg.com/index2.h...oom/models/c63

Click on "pricing ans specs" and scroll down.
$3990
That shows the price of the performance package, not the specific options that are offered with it. Read this whole thread to understand what I am talking about. Some people are saying this price of $3990 only includes the speed limit increase and a LSD (not the suspension, brake, and steering wheel upgrade). Supposedly, there may also be a more expensive variant of the PP (not limited) which includes all the options with the possible exception of the CF interior. Which consequently, may only be available in PP cars outside the US.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:59 PM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
Hi,
I was just about to post quesitons about this I just came back from the Merc dealership cause I plan on placing my order for my C63 this week. I got a print out of all the packages available for the 2009 C63 US.

030 AMG Performance Package MSRP $3990.00
-(251) Delimitation of top speed to 174 mph
-(471) Limited Slip Differential Lock

318 Leather Package MSRP $2980.00
-(242) Power Passenger Seat w/memory
-(275) Power Dr. Seat & Steering Col. w/memory

320 Multimedia Package MSRP $2980.00
-(396) Voice Command
-(512) Command w/Navigation and voice control
-(810) Harman/Kardon Sound System

P02 Preimum 2 MSRP $1100.00
-(540) Power Rear-Window Sunshade
-(600) Headlamp Washing System
-(614) Bi-Xenon Headlamps
-(619) Cornering Fog Lamps

Now I did notice that there is like a increase in the base MSRP from 08 models to 09 maybe they are adding some stuff that they did not give in the 08 I am not sure. Also more options

057 ipod integration kie 375.00
359 Tele aid 650.00
510 6 disc dasg cd changer 460.00
H73 Carbon Fiber Trim 2500.00

These are all MSRP prices that I got off the build sheets I am trying to figure out how I am going to order my car and this is everything that you can order as a option on the car I got this info off the papers from the dealership so as far as brakes and suspension I have no idea if it comes in the 030 package or if it just comes on every car as a change for 09 I am going to call the salesmen and have him find out if I find anything i will post my findings.

Is the 030 package really worth 4000.00 based off what i have posted above?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
That shows the price of the performance package, not the specific options that are offered with it. Read this whole thread to understand what I am talking about. Some people are saying this price of $3990 only includes the speed limit increase and a LSD (not the suspension, brake, and steering wheel upgrade). Supposedly, there may also be a more expensive variant of the PP (not limited) which includes all the options with the possible exception of the CF interior. Which consequently, may only be available in PP cars outside the US.
My words were chosen very precisely and sparingly in the post you quoted. I succinctly delimited my comments and I stand by them.

I would change the "ans" to an "and" though.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:18 AM

Porsche GT3
I spoke to my dealer on Friday and he told me the perfomance package was $3990 and includes the limited slip, brakes, suspension, speed limiter to 174mph and the steering wheel.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:12 PM

2001 Ford Lightning/2003 Mustang Cobra

I AGREE 100%
Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 PM

2001 Ford Lightning/2003 Mustang Cobra
Although after some more research I did find that Edmunds tested a US Model C63 AMG with a Performance Package. Everything they list is on par with what we already assumed and been posted.

• AMG High-Performance Composite Brakes (2-Piece Rotors)

LINK:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125334

I see that as the most credible source, after all they do get demos from MB.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:56 PM

09 C63 (Coming Soon)
Still just the same you can lookup anywhere on the internet. Nobody will know the answer until an US model 09 C63 w/ PP arrives and has pics of the sticker and all the corresponding parts on the car. Straight up. Then I will believe it...
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
According the build sheets on both C63's we have coming in....the 030 package only includes the 174mph speed limiter and the LSD...who knows if they'll add the other stuff later on in the model year?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:33 AM

2006 Lotus Elise
+1 it's all speculation, rumors and wasted breath until the first one arrives.

Still just the same you can lookup anywhere on the internet. Nobody will know the answer until an US model 09 C63 w/ PP arrives and has pics of the sticker and all the corresponding parts on the car. Straight up. Then I will believe it...
Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
M-B C63, 997 GT3, Range Rover Sport
Thumbs up

+1 wait until he gets the car... The post count should go through the roof with this guy.... see you in the private lounge yoballs

Originally Posted by Yoballs83
Sorry for trying to help out here, but let me try to explain something here for Last Emperor:

I know you're new to the community. But please.. when you are given information that comes straight from MB/AMG in the Private Lounge, or better yet, Rob Allan or Scott, you should show them and AMG some respect.

Rob and Scott are both professionals and keep this community informed by providing information and answers to all concerns about AMG products, old and new and still to come. You wanted Private Lounge information, and thats what you got. Its credible stuff.

And to their credit, there was absolutely no change in the 030 offerings for US MY09 C63's from Rob Allan's information "months ago" to present day. Also, I am 100% positive that if there were recent changes Rob Allan or Scott would have been the first to immediately inform the Private Lounge (and in turn, MBWorld's own freak show that is the C63 forum).

Sorry to be long-winded. Just trying to explain something to the infamous Last Emp. Maybe in return, he'll call me names.

Johan
'03 SL55
'00 S281SC
Old 08-22-2008, 01:14 PM

2009 C63, 2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
can some one with access to the AMG private lounge,
please ask one of the MB or AMG guys for an official word on the US PP

its now called the AMG Performance package LIMITED
and only lists limiter deletion, and LSD.
makes no mention of brakes, suspension, or alcantara steering wheel

i used to think that MB just didnt list the other stuff yet
but now with all these recent updates and "LIMITED" im starting to get worried
I got my 2009 with PP and it only came with the speed limiter deletion and LSD. They only charged me $2450.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM
gpk

Originally Posted by anonobenz
I got my 2009 with PP and it only came with the speed limiter deletion and LSD. They only charged me $2450.
ONLY $2450?! $1200 for a s/w tweak is a ripoff.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:11 PM

08 CL600 Blk/Blk (09 C63 traded back- too small) 04 E55 sold
I picked up my "Limited PP" car Monday in NJ. The original window sticker depicts the full PP. However, I asked to see their paperwork/MSRP invoice and it indicated only the LSD and delimitation to 174MPH.

The MB rep happened to be on site and after 30 minutes they had a new window sticker printed that now indicates only the LSD and delimitation and the lower MSRP.

They reluctantly discounted the car by the $1,250 delimitation option charge and I took the car. Maybe I will use this money to do the Kleeman ECU at some point.

In NJ if we get caught driving 155 they will shoot at us - so forget 174!

Either way, the car feels aggressive enough without the track suspension at least for daily driving.

BTW- There are supposed to be several C63's at Englishtown NJ (Raceway Park) this Sunday. I will post any 1/4 mi. times that we get.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:03 PM

IS350. Next: C63
Originally Posted by Derek@DRI
Although after some more research I did find that Edmunds tested a US Model C63 AMG with a Performance Package. Everything they list is on par with what we already assumed and been posted.

• AMG High-Performance Composite Brakes (2-Piece Rotors)

LINK:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125334

I see that as the most credible source, after all they do get demos from MB.
Look at the date "By Dan Edmunds, Director of Vehicle Testing Email | Blog
Date posted: 03-26-2008".
The PP problem happened only a couple of weeks ago. So things have changed.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:40 PM

AMG C63 S
*CHECK* and make sure that your C63 with 155 -> 174 mph upgraded speed really has that.

Mine was supposed to... it was on the label... but it did not (confirmed electronically).
Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
You know what the sad part is? After the OP has over 1800 posts on this car, he turned around and bought a BMW 650. WOW.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
He really liked to stir up discussions and create self doubt... good riddance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the US performance package..WTF