Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW 650ci
the US performance package..WTF

can some one with access to the AMG private lounge,
please ask one of the MB or AMG guys for an official word on the US PP

its now called the AMG Performance package LIMITED
and only lists limiter deletion, and LSD.
makes no mention of brakes, suspension, or alcantara steering wheel

i used to think that MB just didnt list the other stuff yet
but now with all these recent updates and "LIMITED" im starting to get worried

Last edited by Last Emperor; 07-17-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
LOL at $3990 for a little software tweak and an LSD. I hope that is wrong.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
They'll likely offer another option without the "LIMITED" part, but expect to pay $6k to $7k for it.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 AM
Almost a Member!

In the UK the Performance Pack (LSD, Brakes, Suspension) is £3200

Despite the USD:£ being 2:1 we normally have to pay in pounds what you guys pay in $

The LSD is available separately here for £1700

I think it must be a printing error, or lack of full detail, because I can't imagine you'd be paying $3000 for just the diff.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 SL55 '00 S281SC '09 C63
Everyone should take a deep breath. I'm pretty sure there were a post or two discussing the "official" contents of the US Performance Package for MY 09.

The specific details were discussed by Rob Allan, Product Manager for AMG. Months ago, he confirmed for everyone that the package would include the Alcantara steering wheel, compound setup front brake rotors, LSD, track calibrated sport suspension, and top speed delimitation to ~ 174MPH. He also confirmed for us months ago that it would cost approx $3,900.00. And.. it was all re-confirmed by my dealer before I ordered the package by MBUSA product development.

I'll take Rob's word over any website, NetStar printout, or speculation on here. This 030 package discussion is a mess.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by Yoballs83
Everyone should take a deep breath. I'm pretty sure there were a post or two discussing the "official" contents of the US Performance Package for MY 09.

The specific details were discussed by Rob Allan, Product Manager for AMG. Months ago, he confirmed for everyone that the package would include the Alcantara steering wheel, compound setup front brake rotors, LSD, track calibrated sport suspension, and top speed delimitation to ~ 174MPH. He also confirmed for us months ago that it would cost approx $3,900.00. And.. it was all re-confirmed by my dealer before I ordered the package by MBUSA product development.

I'll take Rob's word over any website, NetStar printout, or speculation on here. This 030 package discussion is a mess.
that was months ago

they couldve skimped out or changed since
Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 AM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: USA PP

What is being posted above is exactly what my order said since day 1, back in May, P30 equates to LS Diff and top speed delimiter.

Given the US PP price vs. other markets, I think getting Limited Slip and the top speed delimeter is reasonable. Remember that we are getting the same diff as the CLK Black series which equates to some $$ cost.

I am told that the US will also get the 18 inch wheels with PP, although the suspension stiffness and upgraded brakes were not clarified one way or the other. I anticipate that the US market will get the "standard" suspension and brakes with the PP, at least for now.

The "standard" C63 suspension with the LS diff will make a pretty awesome combo and will definitely ride better on our roads, especially for use as a daily driver.

But, lets wait and see what the released cars actually come with.....we will know in a couple of weeks.

Trending Topics

Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
yea dude, i hope thats not the case

you can get great LSDs cheaper than 4k

if this PP is only LSD thats horrible!

MBUSA is just ABUSING us americans!!!
(again, hopefully this isnt the case)
Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
US C63 with PP: LSD, no governer, beautiful amber side reflector

other C63 with PP: LSD, brakes, suspension, 19inch rims, steering wheel, parktronics, keyless go....however, you guys dont get that gorgeous side reflector
Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by NCE500
What is being posted above is exactly what my order said since day 1, back in May, P30 equates to LS Diff and top speed delimiter.

Given the US PP price vs. other markets, I think getting Limited Slip and the top speed delimeter is reasonable. Remember that we are getting the same diff as the CLK Black series which equates to some $$ cost.

I am told that the US will also get the 18 inch wheels with PP, although the suspension stiffness and upgraded brakes were not clarified one way or the other. I anticipate that the US market will get the "standard" suspension and brakes with the PP, at least for now.

The "standard" C63 suspension with the LS diff will make a pretty awesome combo and will definitely ride better on our roads, especially for use as a daily driver.

But, lets wait and see what the released cars actually come with.....we will know in a couple of weeks.

the reason why the other PPs are way more expensive is because most of them come with multi-piece rims

the C63 PP is not supposed to come with rims in the US

***can someone got to the AMG lounge and RE-ask the AMG guys about this
Old 07-17-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by exiges
In the UK the Performance Pack (LSD, Brakes, Suspension) is £3200

Despite the USD:£ being 2:1 we normally have to pay in pounds what you guys pay in $

The LSD is available separately here for £1700

I think it must be a printing error, or lack of full detail, because I can't imagine you'd be paying $3000 for just the diff.
That's not true. A CLS63 is about £73K in the U.K. and in the U.S. it is around $95K. A DVD at Asda costs £9 whereas at BestBuy it costs $19...

As far as I knew, from a friend who works at Mercedes Benz in New York, the AMG Performance Pkg (code APP) includes:
- Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion (code 251)
- Limited-Slip Rear Differential (code 471)
- AMG Carbon Fibre Trim (code H73)
- Performance Package (code P30), which includes upgraded suspension and brake, sport steering wheel.

...whatever, I guess you can wait just a few more weeks to get the actual details.

Tee_Tz.

Last edited by tee_tz; 07-17-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by tee_tz
That's not true. A CLS63 is about £73K in the U.K. and in the U.S. it is around $95K. A DVD at Asda costs £9 whereas at BestBuy it costs $19...

As far as I knew, from a friend who works at Mercedes Benz in New York, the AMG Performance Pkg (code APP) includes:
- Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion (code 251)
- Limited-Slip Rear Differential (code 471)
- AMG Carbon Fibre Trim (code H73)
- Performance Package (code P30), which includes upgraded suspension and brake, sport steering wheel.

...whatever, I guess you can wait just a few more weeks to get the actual details.

Tee_Tz.
yea, the CF is definitely not included in the US
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 SL55 '00 S281SC '09 C63
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
the reason why the other PPs are way more expensive is because most of them come with multi-piece rims

the C63 PP is not supposed to come with rims in the US

***can someone got to the AMG lounge and RE-ask the AMG guys about this

Ok, I'm officially done - I should have never gotten involved in this "dead horse" Last Emperor discussion.

Johan
'03 SL55
'00 S281SC
Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Guys, at this point we're all speculating. To me, I just can't imagine Mercedes offering a performance package with just LSD. People who buy the performance package are looking for more. If they ever offer just the LSD, then I think they'll probably offer another "upgraded" performance package down the line to include some of the other stuff.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Ok, I'm officially done - I should have never gotten involved in this "dead horse" Last Emperor discussion.

Johan
'03 SL55
'00 S281SC
you didnt have to get involved

i want to spend 4k on the PP package, and want to take more than just YOUR WORD for it
Old 07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Canadian MY2009 AMG C63 P30Pkg:\ $6400.00

Option changes for the C 63 AMG…
• New AMG Performance Package
• Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion
• AMG Limited Slip Differential
• AMG Performance Suspension
• AMG High-Performance Composite Brakes
• AMG Performance Steering Wheel
(Nappa Leather with Alcantara Side Grips)
• AMG Carbon Fibre Trim

U.S. MY2009 AMG C63 P30:\ $3990.00

Option changes for the C 63 AMG…
• New AMG Performance Package
• Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion
• AMG Limited Slip Differential
• AMG Performance Suspension
• AMG High-Performance Composite Brakes
• AMG Performance Steering Wheel
(Nappa Leather with Alcantara Side Grips)
Old 07-17-2008, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

now theres a source i can trust!

looks like its copy and pasted from something official

thanks man, i appreciate it !
Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG

Johan
'03 SL55
'00 S281SC

Play it baby, flame it up. Nothing like passing on imformation and getting smashed for it. Hey, mayne we can start the K&N wars again.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Glock Guru

Play it baby, flame it up. Nothing like passing on imformation and getting smashed for it. Hey, mayne we can start the K&N wars again.

Hes just still angry he got taken advantage of by some scuzzy car broker. We all knew what the car had for the PP already but its more fun to post 100x about something to fill the day.

Back to work people. We learned nothing from this thread. Best of all when he got a solid answer he slammed fellow posters. Got to wonder about these forums sometimes.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Hes just still angry he got taken advantage of by some scuzzy car broker. We all knew what the car had for the PP already but its more fun to post 100x about something to fill the day.

Back to work people. We learned nothing from this thread. Best of all when you get a solid answer he slams people. Got to wonder about these forums sometimes.
i slam ppl when i get answers??

r u crazy?
im always nice and appreciative

the guy answered about some response he got in the AMG loung MONTHS ago
then last week, they came out with all this new C63 info, and still nothing on the PP

i just wanted to double check somehow

that guy instead being courtious was a d*ck

***and i didnt post about 100 times, i asked once!!!!!!!!!!!

what did this thread do to **** you off???

wow man.......some ppl are such DOUCHE BAGS on this forum
you guys (the douches) should be on BMW forums instead
Old 07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Guys, at this point we're all speculating. To me, I just can't imagine Mercedes offering a performance package with just LSD. People who buy the performance package are looking for more. If they ever offer just the LSD, then I think they'll probably offer another "upgraded" performance package down the line to include some of the other stuff.
I agree but I sill laugh at the PP for the S and CL 63 cars. 9k for some wheels, black trim inside and a speed limiter raised to 186. That was one option box I forgot to check! Wheels might look nice but 9k for some forged wheels in OEM sizes? No thanks!

The C63 marks a turning point for AMG and they have a bit riding on this car. If they brought it with just an LSD and called it the performance package I think people would just walk away and buy the M3.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:29 PM

'08 CL600,'09 C63 (sld), '07 550i (sld), '08 VW , '04 X5 4.4 (sld), '02 ML (sld), '01 e46M3 (sld)
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I agree but I sill laugh at the PP for the S and CL 63 cars. 9k for some wheels, black trim inside and a speed limiter raised to 186. That was one option box I forgot to check! Wheels might look nice but 9k for some forged wheels in OEM sizes? No thanks!

The C63 marks a turning point for AMG and they have a bit riding on this car. If they brought it with just an LSD and called it the performance package I think people would just walk away and buy the M3.
I agree that the package should contain more but I for one would have jumped at the stand along LSD option. I don't want anything else in the package so didn't get it but I really would have liked the differential
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by 2009c63soon
I agree that the package should contain more but I for one would have jumped at the stand along LSD option. I don't want anything else in the package so didn't get it but I really would have liked the differential
The rest of the world gets all the good things while america gets shafted. It is the mb norm. Most other markets offer the LSD as a stand alone option.

But really should a 450 hp car like the C63 have an open diff to begin with? I have to say no. But that is me!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by Glock Guru

The latter part was great fun.

Kidding

Last edited by GBlansten; 07-17-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by 2009c63soon
I for one would have jumped at the stand along LSD option. ntial

+1. I would love to have just the top speed delimiter and the LSD. Not that I will ever try 174mph but it's nice to know.... The LSD actually adds to the performance, unlike Carbon Fiber trim. CF trim is pure bling. But I guess that's what draws some people to a BENZ in the first place.... DOH

I may have regretted getting an '08 if they offered a standalone LSD option for '09. But if I were to judge the C63 market by reading this forum, I don't think that will happen.....

I appreciate the credible info from Yoballs and MB Forever. Thanks for helping out the forum....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the US performance package..WTF