Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Great! Sounds like they need to update their website then cause it's still not up there... Maybe they're just too busy to keep up with their own business..
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Riddle me this. Since we start with a LSD (though non locking and electronic control) we have the benefits of a lighter system, better adaptability to different conditions and more applicable to independent suspension cars. What we lose is 50% of torque IF we're on a multi-Mu surface, that is one side is slipping other has traction.

Now, that can happen when busting backside on a track, or multi mu surfaces - for the multi mu condition, I'll cope. And I don't track... so other than the massive amount of hype - what's everyone so up in arms about? If I'm missing something that will make this car fly .5 secs faster to 60 or 100 - I'm all ears. If it will handle better, fantastic. But what will it REALLY do for YOU?

Thanks in advance for some explanations!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55
Originally Posted by peet
Riddle me this. Since we start with a LSD (though non locking and electronic control) we have the benefits of a lighter system, better adaptability to different conditions and more applicable to independent suspension cars. What we lose is 50% of torque IF we're on a multi-Mu surface, that is one side is slipping other has traction.

Now, that can happen when busting backside on a track, or multi mu surfaces - for the multi mu condition, I'll cope. And I don't track... so other than the massive amount of hype - what's everyone so up in arms about? If I'm missing something that will make this car fly .5 secs faster to 60 or 100 - I'm all ears. If it will handle better, fantastic. But what will it REALLY do for YOU?

Thanks in advance for some explanations!
Give you a bit extra milage on your tires
Check out the difference in smoke produced between teh M3 and C63 in this video while drifting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCg5i...eature=related
Old 08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Well, that was JP and Tiff riding it on a track - so again, my comment stands - other than driving like an a$$ on the street or being on a track... what's it good for? Also - remember the Benz has more torque than the M3 - so the tires are likely to be shredded faster no matter what in spirited driving.

Now the torque and speed are great for having on the street - win races one stop light at a time, but if you are driving S's on the street between cars, you're going to the clink.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
obviously i am going to track this beast, street racing is retarded