Sponsored by:

Performance Pak Car W/O steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by vader t
My dealer just contacted me to let me know that they have an 030 car (PP) that arrived and its owner passed. The car came in with the LSD, Brakes, but without the steering wheel. If I could get the C63 w/o the steering wheel I would, based on my experience with the alcantara in my old "blown" M3 comp car. The only downsides for me are, timing (haven't come off my 911TT), the dealer not willing to make in price concessions on an incomplete package, and resale down the road. The only minor thing is C63 in-stock doesnt have alum. trim it is the dark maple, which isn't really a deal killer. What are your thoughts and downsides to not having the steering wheel?? Thanks!
Sounds like you should pass if it's not what you really want.

On the Alcantara wheel, as you know -- it will wear. How long do you plan to keep the car and do you have sweaty palms? We have a couple of cars with alcantara wheels. The salesman said to "wear gloves" while driving the GT3 to keep the wheel looking new. But my track car has an alcantara wheel and I do wear driving gloves -- guess what, the wheel is still wearing!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Well this just FN sucks! MB is going to bill me for something I will not get but expect me to pay for it. I guess I'm out. I will not pay for things I am not getting. Any person willing to pay for things you are not getting you are flat out STUPID! By you paying full price for something you are not getting you tell MB it's ok for you to F me over, I will buy your products any.

All the so called experts with MB on this board running there mouth telling us what comes on the PP when the whole time they did not know $#!T.

MB knew what they were doing months ago, they could have notified dealers what was in store, but NOOOOOOOOOO. They just shipped the car with the PP ( what ever that is) at full price mind you, and hope maybe you won't notice. Then I call MBUSA today about this, they say they know nothing, I say BS. Don't **** on my head and tell me it's raining. This is not my first rodeo!

This amounts to nothing less than FALSE ADVERTISING via the window sticker. I must really think long and hard if I want to continue this drive on a dead end road. I am so pissed off that I have waited for so long for something only to find out the week of delivery it's not even offered the way the manufacture says it is. I don't know about you but any car costing 70K+, I want it my way, not take in the and get it there way.

The only saving grace in this deal will be the following; 1)discount the retail price of the steering wheel off the PP price. 2)Verify that the remaining parts of the PP are in fact in the PP. Maybe it's all a bad dream and my car will come the way I ordered it, but it's not looking good. Thanks MB

I guess I have nothing else to say........... for now.

-Troy
Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Almost a Member!

C63 AMG
I just purchased a 2009 C63 AMG with the PP and the sticker says it has the Alcantara but it doesn't have it. This is my first MB. What should I expect if I call MB and try to get the wheel? How can I tell if I have the right brakes, etc?
By the way - This car is awesome! I just can't wait till I get passed the run-in period.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by xxx_C63AMG_xxx
I just purchased a 2009 C63 AMG with the PP and the sticker says it has the Alcantara but it doesn't have it. This is my first MB. What should I expect if I call MB and try to get the wheel? How can I tell if I have the right brakes, etc?
By the way - This car is awesome! I just can't wait till I get passed the run-in period.
Con grats, Well, start by posting some pics of the brakes. BTW how is the ride? If you truly have the PP, what is your take on ride quality.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Almost a Member!

C63 AMG
Rock hard and perfect. I know you MB guys are goning to laugh, but it feels like the Vette Z51, but without the rattles. At slow speeds it is very hard, but at speed it really is perfect. Have not been over 100 yet, but I'll let you know then.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:35 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
So firm taut ride, but responsive your saying? You don't mean it rides like a covered wagon do you?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
There is no mystery at this point

U.S. PP cars arent getting the alcantara steering wheel...there are now dozens of data points (literally) to confirm this.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 SL55 '00 S281SC '09 C63
Originally Posted by xxx_C63AMG_xxx
Congrats on the car. Sounds as though you didn't go to battle with your dealer about the steering wheel?

I agree.. most logical that is going to be an add' when the wheels become available. There are requests and emails out on the private lounge and I think Glock Guru called MBUSA.. should be no time until we hear something concrete. And as more people start to take delivery of their 09's with 030, we'll see how dealers are handling this. Definitely an inconvenience.. hopefully translates into bargaining power for all of us.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:33 PM

F10 M5, 08 S63 Majestic Black Metallic, 09 CLK63, silver
Anyone know if I can get the C63 wheel for my S63? like it more than S63's AMG wheel.

Last edited by KUNMB; 08-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
With all these peepee threads, I'm glad my car doesn't have no stinkin PP. Shes a she.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:23 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
It actually smells good with OPP..... : > )))))))))))
Old 08-16-2008, 01:32 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dlbello
It actually smells good with OPP..... : > )))))))))))
can you post some pics or point me to some that you may have already posted.

thx
Old 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jtrichel
U.S. PP cars arent getting the alcantara steering wheel...there are now dozens of data points (literally) to confirm this.
really, FWIT the latest memos / letter from MBUSA (Aug. 5th) about the whole PP problem says the package will include all components of the Performance Package.

Last edited by Glock Guru; 08-16-2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 PM

15 GLA 45 AMG
What were the two C63's you saw? Was one a White w/ Black interior? I was just told by my rep that mine came in over the weekend. I ordered a White w/ Black interior and the 030 PP.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:03 PM

2009 C63, 2000 CLK 430
I just got my 2009 C63. I ordered the PP but it only came with LSD and the speed limiter disabled. They charged me around $2400 instead of $3900 since it did not come with the brakes, steering wheel or 20% harder suspension which I am actually happy about.

They said I could put the suspension, brakes and steering wheel on at a dealership but I would have to pay for it.