Sponsored by:

NEW CAR, NEW DEAL, NEW DATE FOR MY 09' C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Thumbs up NEW CAR, NEW DEAL, NEW DATE FOR MY 09' C63

Well went to my dealer today to see the C63 I special ordered that did not have the PP. I did take a few miniuts and drive the car. NICE.... That sound, speed and seats were great. I am 6'4" 225lb. and I had lots of room. Anyway... bla bla bla.......

The dealer was very nice and professional about the SCREW UP made by MB. After offering me a discount to take the car I ordered (even thought it did not have the PP I ordered) I still refused the deal. So after much talking about me leaving with my deposit and not ever being a Mercedes customer again, I was offered a better deal. They would order me another new 09' C63 just like I want, at the same discount price as the one at the dealer, only this time with the FULL Performance Package.

For what the dealer offered me as the discount and the fact that I will be registering the car in Montana ( No Sales Tax) (plus I love the car) I took the deal. Lets just say the dealers "concessions" to keep me happy and a customer (considering it was not there screw up) was well worth the wait time of ordering another car. So I have a Sep. build date and a Oct. delivery date.

This is going to sound stupid, but I can not tell you the discount amount because it involved many different people from the dealer on up. Thats all I can say, sorry. Best thing I can say is go to your dealer and work your best deal ( For people that got screw on the PP deal and if you still even want a C63) and always be ready to walk out. You can always find another dealer and another deal.

After the car comes in and the deal is finely done I will post my full out the door, drive away price. Sorry again for this money game but I gave them my word. My dealer did a great stand up job making my happy and stepping up for a manufacture that did not.

Thus far I can say I have NEVER been treated this good by any car dealer ever. I sure hope the honeymoon does not end after the car get here and the check clears.

Looking forward to a C63,....... again

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 08-06-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
congrats dude!

im happy for you

you did the right thing
Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
dammm you, Tax cheat! I've got the Louisiana State Controller's office on the other line!

CONGRATS (again) glad you liked the car.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
im guessing you need property in MT to pull that off huh
Old 08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Better yet; post a scan of the final paperwork showing pricing etc.

Too many post about their pricing but few rarely back it up with proof.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Better yet; post a scan of the final paperwork showing pricing etc.

Too many post about their pricing but few rarely back it up with proof.
I will be glad to do so. NP.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
im guessing you need property in MT to pull that off huh
Yes or a company based in MT that does business in MT.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Glad it went well for you. Very glad.

And - fwiw, I bet your ordered car sells at list or close to it still.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by peet
Glad it went well for you. Very glad.

And - fwiw, I bet your ordered car sells at list or close to it still.
Well, not list anyway. But what ever you say is good for me.

Last edited by Glock Guru; 08-06-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Good going. Glad calmer heads prevailed and negotiation mode set in.

Our cars will be maid the same week and more than likely on the same ship over. That means I will have mine about a week ahead of yours.LOL
Old 08-06-2008, 10:09 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Good going. Glad calmer heads prevailed and negotiation mode set in.

Our cars will be maid the same week and more than likely on the same ship over. That means I will have mine about a week ahead of yours.LOL
Thanks for all the good words of advice yesterday. I feel good about my decision.

-Troy
Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
You did well...good luck!

Looks like we are all close to the same build dates... I have CF and I donno if that also has any screw ups,,, hope Not!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by dlbello
You did well...good luck!

Looks like we are all close to the same build dates... I have CF and I donno if that also has any screw ups,,, hope Not!!!
Don't mean to troll, is CF supposed to be part of the Performance Pack, or is it a separate option?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MercPlease
Don't mean to troll, is CF supposed to be part of the Performance Pack, or is it a separate option?
separate option
Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
yes def good goin....

hey NORTH, you kinda did imply to negotiate on the car lacking the options
good goin anyways.....

how much did it add to your wait GURU?
i couldnt really handle not being without a car for an extra month!
im sure timing is very important to lots of us

DLBELLO, i'll tell you what happened...my luck is very "Costanza-ish/Larry David"........

the ONLY reason MBUSA had this mess up is because I had an august build date and everyonehere just went along for the ride !!

we also both have CF.......good luck getting that! hahahha

also, for all of the cars coming on the same ship as mine.......one word

LEMONS!

MERC, CF is a stand alone option at $2500....supposedly its very rare and there is a shortage....of course with US builds only but, ...... i already had my wait pushed back 1 month for the CF
Old 08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
glad you are getting what you want and hopefully you don't live in an area where it gets too cold soon and starts snowing so that you can at least enjoy it this year.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:11 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
yes def good goin....

hey NORTH, you kinda did imply to negotiate on the car lacking the options
good goin anyways.....

how much did it add to your wait GURU?
i couldnt really handle not being without a car for an extra month!
im sure timing is very important to lots of us

DLBELLO, i'll tell you what happened...my luck is very "Costanza-ish/Larry David"........

the ONLY reason MBUSA had this mess up is because I had an august build date and everyonehere just went along for the ride !!

we also both have CF.......good luck getting that! hahahha

also, for all of the cars coming on the same ship as mine.......one word

LEMONS!

MERC, CF is a stand alone option at $2500....supposedly its very rare and there is a shortage....of course with US builds only but, ...... i already had my wait pushed back 1 month for the CF
I called my dealer today and from what they could dig up from MBUSA, I was told the Sept. builds will have the target option configured w/out problems.
And agian, I've heard that seen that and got a shirt and tossed it....
Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
A good dealership makes all the difference. I ordered my car in April. My car has an August build date with late Sep delivery, and I will be accepting the limited performance package. My car has every option except CF and my deal is about 6k under MSRP. This deal is great because MB Financial (leasing co.) has rates for tier 1 clients at an outrageous 10%! My dealer recognizes that, as well as the perf. pkg. screw up, and has offered these discounts without my asking. Find a good dealer and you'll feel better about the other shortcomings!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:57 PM

2009 C63 K1
Good job Troy!! Glad you are happy. I am too, I got the only thing I cared about in the PP which is LSD and that is all I am paying for which is nice as my dealer did what I asked.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:11 AM

09 c63
Im happy for you getting what u wanted. Im going to talk to michael on monday bout mine, i have the same build and delivery date as you, so i hope im good.

Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Well went to my dealer today to see the C63 I special ordered that did not have the PP. I did take a few miniuts and drive the car. NICE.... That sound, speed and seats were great. I am 6'4" 225lb. and I had lots of room. Anyway... bla bla bla.......

The dealer was very nice and professional about the SCREW UP made by MB. After offering me a discount to take the car I ordered (even thought it did not have the PP I ordered) I still refused the deal. So after much talking about me leaving with my deposit and not ever being a Mercedes customer again, I was offered a better deal. They would order me another new 09' C63 just like I want, at the same discount price as the one at the dealer, only this time with the FULL Performance Package.

For what the dealer offered me as the discount and the fact that I will be registering the car in Montana ( No Sales Tax) (plus I love the car) I took the deal. Lets just say the dealers "concessions" to keep me happy and a customer (considering it was not there screw up) was well worth the wait time of ordering another car. So I have a Sep. build date and a Oct. delivery date.

This is going to sound stupid, but I can not tell you the discount amount because it involved many different people from the dealer on up. Thats all I can say, sorry. Best thing I can say is go to your dealer and work your best deal ( For people that got screw on the PP deal and if you still even want a C63) and always be ready to walk out. You can always find another dealer and another deal.

After the car comes in and the deal is finely done I will post my full out the door, drive away price. Sorry again for this money game but I gave them my word. My dealer did a great stand up job making my happy and stepping up for a manufacture that did not.

Thus far I can say I have NEVER been treated this good by any car dealer ever. I sure hope the honeymoon does not end after the car get here and the check clears.

Looking forward to a C63,....... again

-Troy
Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Strafe1
A good dealership makes all the difference. I ordered my car in April. My car has an August build date with late Sep delivery, and I will be accepting the limited performance package. My car has every option except CF and my deal is about 6k under MSRP. This deal is great because MB Financial (leasing co.) has rates for tier 1 clients at an outrageous 10%! My dealer recognizes that, as well as the perf. pkg. screw up, and has offered these discounts without my asking. Find a good dealer and you'll feel better about the other shortcomings!

First off I do not really shop price (that much) I shop people ad service. That said, around here (Louisiana) you will pay full list for the C63. Sure there are cheaper C63's around but "most times" it comes down to the salesman's attitude, service department and the over experience I had at the dealership. I can tell you getting 6K off retail list better than I did, but i was working from a stand point of full MSRP to start with. The thing about buying a car is not getting the best deal of any dealer in the country, it's about getting a deal you are comfortable with and that's the I got. BTW I will still post my total deal when I get it.

-Troy
Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Glock Guru,

You did exactly what I would have done. Not getting what you really wanted, and purchasing a *******ized C63 would have only made you full of regret.

Regards...
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by beemaze
Glock Guru,

You did exactly what I would have done. Not getting what you really wanted, and purchasing a *******ized C63 would have only made you full of regret.

Regards...
You said it.

BTW Thanks to all the guys on the board for all your support and positive feedback in this matter. I have a long way to go to get the car (and the parts for that matter) and a lot can happen between now and Oct. I will keep you posted and we shall see.

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 08-07-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Well, you appear to be doing better than me...

After telling me that they were going to go to the market manager and ask for me to get the shorted PP option for free, they have come back drawing a line in the sand telling me that I can accept the offer in the letter, order a new one, or get my deposit back...

I've went back and told them to give me the LSD for $1,200 and still take off the $1,250 for the speed increase or they can have my deposit waiting for me...

We'll see...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW CAR, NEW DEAL, NEW DATE FOR MY 09' C63