Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer says "DEAL WITH IT" re: PP omission! HUGE RANT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 with PP?

The weird thing is that someone in my area has posted a C63 for sale on CL and is listing it as having the "PP". I thought all builds before 9/09 did not have the true "PP"?

09 C63 with PP?
Attached Thumbnails Dealer says "DEAL WITH IT" re:  PP omission!  HUGE RANT-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by celsius; 08-09-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:55 AM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: Partial PP

It sounds like you want the car, in your case I would eat the $1250 and get it.

I passed on my order because of the "partial" PP issues, my view is that the initial buyers hoopla will eventally calm for this model and we will see more balanced transactions before too long. But, this car would have been strictly a toy for me, I can afford to wait.

Good luck, and let us know your decision.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
I do want the car. LSD was all I really wanted, and there are no Mars Red cars coming into the states right now that aren't assigned to a buyer. Although I think I could find a place to order one $2,000 below MSRP or so, I would have to wait another 2 months or so to get it.

So, I sent my sales manager and salesman an email last night telling them that while I understood the factory screwed up and is not helping them, that I am the one feeling screwed. The local dealer has an opportunity to deal with this situation where I would bragging to all of my 40+ employees, people at my church, friends at my golf club, and everyone on this forum, yet they would prefer to treat me bad because somebody else would pay the full amount if I bowed out. That was a bad business decision on their part...

I am going to get the car, but recommend that people don't buy from them.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
guys im still in shock that one of our members was offered a lease at 1100 PLUS TAX, plus 10k down

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Old 08-10-2008, 12:03 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
For what it's worth, this is how I look at it. Order what you want from another dealer. I feel you will never truly feel good about the car or the deal it you take what this dealer is offering you. Even if you must pay list price somewhere else, if you go to a dealer that treats you with respect you will feel better about the car and the deal you got.

Yes I know you have to wait all over again, but I am too. the Joy in the end will be worth the wait. Don't give this dealer the satisfaction of this sale because they will always know they got the better of you and you will take it.

-Troy
Old 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by vader t
Its too bad the dealer has not demonstrated that they want to keep you as a customer, however on the other hand, the car they have on ground was overcharged to the dealer because it is priced as if all the PP equip. was installed. Therefore the dealer has been overcharged as well. I purchased one of these "incomplete" PP packaged cars on Tuesday and filed a complaint with MBUSA. My thought was that I wanted the car and generally speaking a mistake will always favor the consumer. An error on a "Monroney Label" is a federal offense and will prove to be expensive for MB. I completed the purchase, love my car and am willing to man up on MB until I get my $ refunded for the complete package. This will be a fair and reasonable inexpensive compromise for MB. In short, if the steering wheel, suspension and brakes aren't must haves, buy the car and wait it out with MB, you'll be happy.
Good luck with this one.

MBUSA is clearly compensating dealers for the mistake that they made by refunding them the cost of the pieces that PP's were missing.

I hate to tell you but they are off the hook from a legal perspective. I would guess that they have a team of lawyers that make sure they are covered here.

You bought the car knowing that it did not have all of the pieces. You could have refused the car and ordered a new one. No one forced you to buy that car.

I am not saying that this is not bad for their image and that they should not do something to keep their customers happy but in any way suggesting legal action is why our system is truly messed up.

They made a mistake. They have admitted to it. They reduced the price by the cost of the pieces that are missing (regardless of what we think the VMAX is worth) and it sounds like at the dealer level some dealers are trying to work with their customers.

If they were hiding the fact that the pieces were missing or were not willing to give you a deposit back then you wanted to cancel the order then you would have legal recourse.

It just sounds to me like you are trying to take advantage of the situation now.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:28 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by OverBudget
After several days, I am still torn... I talked to another dealer's sales manager who gave me the straight scoop. The factory/MBUSA won't reimburse the dealers more than the memo they put out, so it's up to the individual dealer in how they want to deal with the customer. He did say that while some dealers may be selling under MSRP, others are charging an additional markup. On one side, the LSD is the only option I really wanted and I was going to have to pay $3,990 for it. Now it's $1,540 less. On the other side, they screwed up and are trying to ream me as part of their mistake.

There are no other Mars Red cars with performance package being built, so I would have to order a new one, wait another 2 months, and then pay $1,540 more for options I don't necessarily want... I've been researching M5's, Used CLS63's and E63's, but I'm still struggling...
Seriously, you just said that you really only wanted the LSD, what is the issue then? By your own words you were willing to pay $3990 for it and now you can get it for less. Aren't you really getting what you wanted here?

Even if they found you a Red car tomorrow with the full PP, you would be back to paying MSRP and getting and paying for things you don't want.

Buy the car, you will love it and put this all behind you. The sound alone should make you happy.

Enjoy it is good heath!
Old 08-10-2008, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
So my first effort was to ask my dealer to drop the PP cost for their screw up, they say they will try to do so, yet come back and say they can't. I say, "OK, I'm a fair guy, I'll pay for the LSD, but I'm not paying for the speed limiter increase". They say they will check. They come back and say "NO - Accept the credit and car, Order a new car, or take your deposit back". They say they can't do anything more, yet we have all seen under posters say they have bought their car under MSRP and others where their dealers have waived the speed limiter increase.

I WANT THIS CAR and it is only days away from arriving. $1,250 is nothing in the whole scheme of things, but I'm a man of principal though, and I am not going to let them win this one. I will find a place where I can order a Mars Red car from another dealer or I'll buy something else. I needed the car ASAP, but I'll change plans...

THIS PISSES ME OFF SO BAD. I can't believe a MB/dealer is willing to screw a buyer this poorly. I'm willing to pay MSRP on a $65k car, I give them a $5k deposit, wait 5 months, they screw up, and then offer unfair an credit and draw a line in the sand when I propose something fair. I am going to let all of my 50 employees know, everyone at my church, everyone at my golf club, etc.
I'm with you on this. It's a matter of principle. MBUSA made a mistake, and they need to compensate that dealer for it so that the dealer can compensate the customer. This specific dealer seem to have acted very un-cooperatively and demonstrated that they have no problem losing a customer. So let them lose a customer and just go to another dealer and re-order the car, the way you want.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:15 PM

'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
So my first effort was to ask my dealer to drop the PP cost for their screw up, they say they will try to do so, yet come back and say they can't. I say, "OK, I'm a fair guy, I'll pay for the LSD, but I'm not paying for the speed limiter increase". They say they will check. They come back and say "NO - Accept the credit and car, Order a new car, or take your deposit back". They say they can't do anything more, yet we have all seen under posters say they have bought their car under MSRP and others where their dealers have waived the speed limiter increase.

I WANT THIS CAR and it is only days away from arriving. $1,250 is nothing in the whole scheme of things, but I'm a man of principal though, and I am not going to let them win this one. I will find a place where I can order a Mars Red car from another dealer or I'll buy something else. I needed the car ASAP, but I'll change plans...

THIS PISSES ME OFF SO BAD. I can't believe a MB/dealer is willing to screw a buyer this poorly. I'm willing to pay MSRP on a $65k car, I give them a $5k deposit, wait 5 months, they screw up, and then offer unfair an credit and draw a line in the sand when I propose something fair. I am going to let all of my 50 employees know, everyone at my church, everyone at my golf club, etc.

Total BS. I'd be upset too. No way I'd work with this dealership. Cars will free up. I know people who have ordered two from two different dealerships that will have to cancel one of them...
Old 08-10-2008, 03:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
DO NOT make a hastey choice while stresed out.

I had a really crapy dealer in Richmond screw me around. They always have used AMG's but their prices are sky high.

47,000 for a striped down 2004 E55 with 47K miles????? I tried to get them to budge but they would not. The little bald headed sales manger sat down acted like a jerk and I walked off. According to Autotrader is is still for sale and I had my blowout in March.... The car has been on the lot since January

Moral of the story: Relax, sleep on it, and go with your instincts. You do not want to regret anything! Wait a little longer and get the full PP package.... you will be more satisfied.
I bet these are the same guys with the Black C63 in the showroom......they refuse to budge much on price of the 2008 even though the 09's are out now.........I told them to get lost when they wanted mid 60's for an 08 and I can get an 09 for that
Old 08-10-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by red60R
I bet these are the same guys with the Black C63 in the showroom......they refuse to budge much on price of the 2008 even though the 09's are out now.........I told them to get lost when they wanted mid 60's for an 08 and I can get an 09 for that
This was at McGeorges off West Broad. Great cars, terrible sales and mangement.

I think i saw the car you were talking about on Autotrader...